What's new

GVN Summer Jam V - 8/27 - 8/28 Philly, PA

Tim Static

Adminerator
No age limit right? and Dlc will be allow including Freedy ?
Not age limit exactly, but not young kids (duh) contact [user]BigE[/user] and/or [user]TheHubbs[/user] for more details, and exact info.

Freddy? probably not. the other 3 DLC should be, i would imagine.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Come to Swifttomhanks' place on Sundays, its right outside of Philly. Same state your in now. How far are you from Philly?
Pittsburgh. As I said lol. It's in the same state, but it's pretty far from philly (about 5 hours). It's like convincing someone in Buffalo to go to locals in NYC.

Eazail

Noob
Pittsburgh. As I said lol. It's in the same state, but it's pretty far from philly (about 5 hours). It's like convincing someone in Buffalo to go to locals in NYC.
Oh. Yeah that sucks then. Didn't know it was that far lol. My bad

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Hey could someone toss me the link to register for MK. I see Mvc3 and SFAC. The link in the original post is broken as of now. Thanks in advance :)

Also, if you are driving a long distance and would like to save some money I'm looking at two options: seeing if the local crew (Phase3, AC1984, Eazail) want to split a hotel room or just drive from my place (about 25 minutes). If you are interested in either of these options and will not kill us in our sleep, feel free to contact me.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Players please don't forget that MK will have an entire room dedicated to it. I'm working on getting at least 6 MK9 setups for the room, along with UMK3, MKII, and whatever 3D games are wanted. I'd imagine at this point just MKvDC and MKD but I honestly don't know. I'd like to get an idea of players who will be going because we don't want to lug stuff for extra setups when no one is coming. I know right now that MK9, UMK3 and MKII will be played all weekend. Get hype and thank Big E for allowing us to have an entire room! (preferably the one to the left of the big room :) )

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
People are requested a tag tournament... this would be a great thing to have streamed.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I'm from Baltimore and the place is about 2 hours away from me. I'm about 90% sure I can go, this will be my second offline tourny if I do.

P.S. How is Xanadu doing in Baltimore? The place is 10 minutes away from my school UMBC, so when the semester starts I want to go there every week for casuals. And also wondering if someone could give me rides there, I wouldn't mind chipping some money in and like I said it's only about 10 minutes away. Hopefully we can get an MK scene going on around Baltimore

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I'm going to try coming down to Xanadu soon with an MK setup. Let's continue this convo in the matchmaking forums

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I'm going to try coming down to Xanadu soon with an MK setup. Let's continue this convo in the matchmaking forums
Alright I also sent you a PM a night ago or so. Idk if you got it or not >_>. I made a thread in the Atlantic north board and made a post in that Xanadu thread

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
People are requested a tag tournament... this would be a great thing to have streamed.
I would like to second this!!!

My question would be this. Would it be a team of two people using separate characters or would it be one person playing both characters?

BigE

Elder God
This go out to everyone, if your coming to SJ5 to start trouble please STAY HOME this is a VIDEO GAME tournament, if you want trouble i can drive you to some blocks in philly where nothing but trouble happens 24 hours a day.

Again Just come to have fun.

Gonna be my first Tourney & its in my hometown....don't expect to win this but I'm hoping I can make some noise
Any advice for a first time player?

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Gonna be my first Tourney & its in my hometown....don't expect to win this but I'm hoping I can make some noise
Any advice for a first time player?
Get as much offline experience as you can. Coming in as an online warrior will only get you bodied lol. Trust me, ECT3 was my frist tourney with no offline experience and finished 33rd. I plan on making noise at SJ5 though.

Get as much offline experience as you can. Coming in as an online warrior will only get you bodied lol. Trust me, ECT3 was my frist tourney with no offline experience and finished 33rd. I plan on making noise at SJ5 though.
lol I know I'm gonna get my ass kicked but who wins a tourney their first time? I dont care much for where I place I just want to test my skills against some of the best that MK9 has to offer

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
lol I know I'm gonna get my ass kicked but who wins a tourney their first time? I dont care much for where I place I just want to test my skills against some of the best that MK9 has to offer
No I understand...losing is never fun either way lol...but the experience is unmatched just to be there and meet everyone and talk to some of the pros. There's a lot of love in the MK community especially in the high level players.