What's new

GVN 6 Winter Brawl Shoutouts

Goldi

Noob
It was really great to meet you guys! This is the coolest, friendliest community ever and I'm so happy I came.

My BFF came out on Saturday, and we haven't see each other in forever so I ended up spending most of my time with her. Please forgive me for being a bit reclusive. But I intend to be at more tournaments. Love the scene, the game, and all of you. Can't wait for Power Up!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
It was really great to meet you guys! This is the coolest, friendliest community ever and I'm so happy I came.

My BFF came out on Saturday, and we haven't see each other in forever so I ended up spending most of my time with her. Please forgive me for being a bit reclusive. But I intend to be at more tournaments. Love the scene, the game, and all of you. Can't wait for Power Up!
Tom's a tranny?

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Thanks everyone for creating the best tournament experience to date. The Final Round has their work cut out for them after that amazing show at Winter Brawl.

I don't like mentioning specific people in case I slip and don't list someone. But I do want to thank Phil for giving me a shot at showcasing the 8 pool system and running brackets. A big thanks to Shock, Summoning, Storms, and everyone else who helped run the show! After re-watching the stream I thought about 80% of the commentary was spot on, so most of you commentators; keep it up!

Thanks to the people who offered me places to sleep. Since some rooms are kept secret so people don't show up, I'm thanking you - you know who you all are! The first night, a big thanks to Claude for grabbing a hotel room at the Hilton. Another big thanks for CDjr, Maxter, CD, J360, KTSmith, Streamworthy, Claude, and myself for keeping the room smelling nice. It's the first room I've stayed in at tournament that didn't smell like pure asshole - and we had a ton of dudes in it.

It was great to meet some new faces yet again! Mao, Zaf, Shady, amongst a ton more. I hope to see all of you at future tournaments. I'll do my best to get to one Canada major and represent freedom in the face of oppression.

Even though I have met you guys before, it was nice to actually get to hang out: Rapzilla, J360, Dancock, Boxy, Classy.

Huge shout outs to the WNBA! Jer, Death, Claude, Zaf, Peanuts, Bluenine (you can be WNBA), Revolver, AC1984, Blackula (then you dropped us mid tournament asshole), Shady. 3 WNBA in top 16, one in top 5! Will have more next time for sure; eat your heart out VSM.

My favorite matches of the tournament have to be Jer against J360, Shady against Rapzilla, and Maxter against Brady. Great stuff to all you guys!

Thanks Cole for everything this weekend. It's been great getting to hang out so much! Taking you to the train station is a small price to pay for the friendship. Amazing stuff this weekend man, only better things in store.

A special thanks to Troy for hanging out so much lately and carpooling to events! Talk about some serious luck by meeting you in a rest station on the way home from Salty Battles. It's an honor to know you!

Despite not going to Winter Brawl, thanks again for everything Teef. To gain friends that I know I will keep no matter what happens to MK is quite special. Your help with the game is much appreciated.

And right back at you Simon! As much as I like the game, I wouldn't be playing it if you weren't. After moving to KoP I left a lot of friends in central PA and lost others along the way as well. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. It's been a privilege to call you a friend. I grew up playing MK; it helped me make a lot of friends during elementary and middle school. I would have no idea that 10+ years later a new MK would be the reason I make yet a new best friend. Thank you Simon.

I hope every single person who attended WB had a great weekend! I'll probably see most of you at MLG next, if not a few VSM's or house parties here and there.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I can see u need to grow up so have a nice day og internet gangstaR
So from the time we played online and now you have transformed? Do you not remember going on and on and on about jade when we played. the whole reason why I deleted you because I was so sick of you just running your mouth.

So what you aren't the person in real life that you are online??? I wasn't being stereotypical if that's what you were thinking, I'm just judging from my online experience with you, maybe you are different offline.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
damn what about Jade?
This was a while back, but he just kept talking shit how jade is horrible, she shouldn't be a character in mortal kombat, I don't know how to play jade and his brother does...
He was just constantly running his mouth and I'm just like yea...yea...

This was all just during some casual online play...

I would like him if he didn't just run his mouth and shit, now I would agree with him about jade lol.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
my turn! :)

well first and foremost thank you 9.95, Shock, summoning, Storms For providing us with basically everything lol

SwiftTomHanks: Thanks for working with me on the 1st 4 brackets. I apologize for not helping afterwards. I had a friend from psn come by from Maryland and we met and hung out for the 1st time. I know its no excuse but you obviously did more work than me. If anyone is to thank for the brackets its all you dude. You deserve all the credit. We commentated together which was fun. Idk if you got annoyed with me at all this entire weekend if so then I apologize for being an asshole.

CD Jr. REO, Maxter, Crazy Dominican, ScootMcGee, Rapzilla5 and the rest of VSM/VVV for being there. You guys are great

AC1984: Your the man and your kabal is getting ridiculous every time I see you!

OneBoxyRobot: Man great seeing you again. it was fun drinking together. We gotta do this again some day!

Shady: Fuck u!!! XDDDD Jk ur the man! Loved spending time with you and u dealing with me being all herp derp intoxicated.

Dancock: Casuals r always fun. To bad we didn't play :C Great seeing you though

Mikemetroid: We finally get to play but it sucks we did casuals. I don't really play 100% unless in tournament and thats when I give a fuck when I'm playing in a tournament. Next time I see you and we play casuals no holding back ;)

Death: Man I don't know the mileena noob match up pretty well but tbh you sure do. Kinda blew chris g up lol. Your a great guy and a fucking amazing player. keep it up. maybe someday Ill actually learn ermac and do well against ur mileena :)

Jer: <3 ur the man! Love seeing you at majors. Your a great guy and can't wait to see u again :)

zaf: Man what a fucking amazing Ermac. WOW! your solid as fuck dude! Just need to break your tourny nerves and you'll easily make top 16/top8.

don't remember a lot fo people. Kinda making this post and practicing blazblue at the same time so if I forgot you please dnt be mad with me :C

see you all at Final round!!!

AC1984

Kaballin!
In other words nobody ;) I'm always trying to improve....I didn't even know kevo was even at the tourney until I saw the final results and congratz to him making top 8 or 9, he is definitely a good player.
That is not what i meant at all. I knew you were there.i just wanned to remind me who you look like.

P.S. Kevo is an excellent player

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
That is not what i meant at all. I knew you were there.i just wanned to remind me who you look like.

P.S. Kevo is an excellent player
He is, maybe he was just trolling me and I took it the wrong way, would be great if he cleared it up.

Death

Noob
I know what you mean by Kevo. He deff is a character online on the mic. But in person hes different but a good different. Very cool and humble guy. Our casuals were fun as hell and his Kabal is very good. I see good things for him in future tournaments.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I know what you mean by Kevo. He deff is a character online on the mic. But in person hes different but a good different. Very cool and humble guy. Our casuals were fun as hell and his Kabal is very good. I see good things for him in future tournaments.
Then hell maybe I took things all the wrong way and have been sour for nothing, I can be a sensitive person *that time of the month.