What's new

General/Other Gun Shot

Vagrant

Noob
Its a high so it wouldn't be quite as effective. Sinestros are mids from full screen.

Still would help catch dashes if you could delay though.

Would definitely help. I wouldn't say he needs it though he already has that concept with low gun.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
what if u could delay high gun shot MB like sinestro or zod? think this would help?

I don't play DS, but of course this would help. It would at worst cause hesitation in your opponent, and like all things in life, hesitation gets you killed. They would be forced to respect the option whenever you have meter. I don't like the delay in meter burning that some characters have, but it is what it is now. I used to catch people all the time with DD delayed venom, so I'm not above the tools either. x.x

Its a high so it wouldn't be quite as effective. Sinestros are mids from full screen.

Still would help catch dashes if you could delay though.

Would definitely help. I wouldn't say he needs it though he already has that concept with low gun.

play a really good zod yet? he can delay the gun so you ALWAYS have to respect the MB. it would keep people form freely dashing in after the current version and closing space or it will keep them from punishing it. im telling you... this would allow DS to have a way to create/keep space

I don't play DS, but of course this would help. It would at worse cause hesitation in your opponent, and like all things in life, hesitation gets you killed. They would be forced to respect the option whenever you have meter. I don't like the delay in meter burning that some characters have, but it is what it is now. I used to catch people all the time with DD delayed venom, so I'm not above the tools either. x.x

exactly

Vagrant

Noob
play a really good zod yet? he can delay the gun so you ALWAYS have to respect the MB. it would keep people form freely dashing in after the current version and closing space or it will keep them from punishing it. im telling you... this would allow DS to have a way to create/keep space

Yeah... He can do this with low shots.

The concept is you do lowshots they try to dash you delay the meterburn and it hits them while they're trying to dash.

eventually they catch on and look for that late meter burn and this gives you a chance to do regular low shot and then another lowshot or a dash in or whatever instead of the late meterburn that they're respecting.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Yeah... He can do this with low shots.

The concept is you do lowshots they try to dash you delay the meterburn and it hits them while they're trying to dash.

eventually they catch on and look for that late meter burn and this gives you a chance to do regular low shot and then another lowshot or a dash in or whatever instead of the late meterburn that they're respecting.

I certainly have problems with Deathstrokes that mix up MB and non MB. I try to time my dash so that I can block another gunshot afterwards then get blown up my the last 2 hits of MB. Then when I respect the MB, and they dont do it. If I try to dash, I get tagged in the face by another gunshot.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
That would actually be pretty godlike and give him back basically the zoning he lost with the recovery added to his guns. Because the respect they need togive gauses enough hesitation for, in practice, the guns to be safe

drywall

Noob
This and dash cancelling quick shots. If DS can't use guns as they were intended then his gunplay could at least be made more versatile or interesting.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I'd rather have a better CQC because DS was never intended to be a Zoner, but this would be helpful at least as far as mind games go, something he doesn't really have much of

RYX

BIG PUSHER
why do you think he wasn't inteded to be a zoner? as soon as i saw his moveset i know right away hes going to be lame as hell
I've always played him as a hybrid

He doesn't have good keep away. He's a better counter zoner than a zoner, basically.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
It'd be too good. People would be too scared to move all the time. Zod's doesn't travel as fast and doesn't stay on screen for long and it's already really good.

Plus you can already delay LowGS and it's ok.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I wouldn't exactly call him a shoto... more like Ken than Ryu maybe, where Ken has excellent control of vertical space (sword flip) but only a mediocre fireball for horizontal control (gunshots).

The guns never seemed to be for zoning in my opinion. Cyborg's fireball surely is, but gunshots are high. They're a punishment and impatience tool. Mostly Deathstroke seems like a hybrid. His f+3 is godlike... he has good pressure thanks for a few strings with huge +frames. In the corner you can f+3 --> f+2,3 --> 3,2~sword spin as a chip string!

Reactions: RYX