What's new

Guide to Character Towers (5 Stages), and unlocking all Brutalities, Intros/Outros and Taunts.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
In case someone didn't see it yet, the way to fast grind those aberrant fatal blow requirements is to start a klassic novice tower on very easy, with the consumable that gives you access to fatal blow from the start (dragon eye or whatever).

Then, just do fatal blow -> restart match -> repeat 140 times. The fatal blow counts even if you restart your match after it.

Make sure it's a novice tower and not survivor, because you need the restart match option available.
Also make sure you count them as you will waste the konsumable if you go back to menu without grinding them all.

Imbecilic, but that's the fastest way.

Also, keep in mind those 140 restarts will count as losses in your record if you're into that kind of thing.
Does that not use your consumable? Or do you actually need 140 of them?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
It takes one as you keep restarting the first fight you will never actually finish the tower so you can do a bazillion fatal blows and you only lose one consumable.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Okay, so, I JUST finished Jade's Stage 5 character tower... and I'm a bit confused, because the towers are STAYING! And I can fight the last boss again, but there's no rewards attached to it at all.

Is that normal? Or is it kinda bugging out?
Will there maybe be more rewards coming in 24 hours or something?

Edit:
Oh, wait, I went out of ToT and back in, and now the towers are gone. XD

I'm sad I didn't get the skin for her that I wanted through her character tower, tbh. Now I just have to wait for it to randomly pop up.

Last edited:

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
thx for this but
ughh i hope the next patch includes an option to purchase whichever cosmetics /skin that you want, and can grind the others that you dont care to pay for...

My krushing blows dont all seem to count. It looka fucking random tbh
The KBs are buggy as hell. I figured out last night that Raiden’s Superman KB doesn’t count even though it’s a base move. Only thing I can figure is it’s because the move CAN be replaced by another ability (super bolt), but idk. It’s just another snub to players to make such a Grundy game and then not even screen well enough for bugs that make the grind even worse.

Agilaz

It has begun
Yeah the new requirements are now in effect and they're much more manageable. Stage 4 for Shao Kahn here

I like that they are challenging to get. Are some difficult yes. Not everything in life needs to be easy. Those bitching were you planning on unlocking everything and walking away from the game in less than 2 weeks? I unlocked everything in the MKX Krypt in less than a week then I just collected Koins for years now with nothing to spend them on. This game will take months to unlock everything. I feel like this game will keep more of us playing longer.

TheGlow

Retired Noob
It's always tough when you grind something out and then they patch to reduce.
Thanks for pioneering the way. I'm also doing Noob and every time I found out theres another tower I dread that grind. I made it 4th before lowered reqs.

jmt

Noob
Is there anyway to have the AI fight for you like in Injustice 2? I went into the kustimize menu but there isn't anything in there.

DDustiNN

Is there anyway to have the AI fight for you like in Injustice 2? I went into the kustimize menu but there isn't anything in there.
Yes. You set up your stats in the kustomize menu. Then turn “AI: On” when you select your character for a tower.

Reactions: jmt

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
What I’m more concerned about are the gear pieces and skins for each stage, as the towers each have one or two.

I just want klassic Jax arms lol

Icefyre

Shadows
Late last night, my Noob Saibot tower had 1/25 krushing blows. This morning I played almost all the way through a survivor tower, making sure to get one krushing blow per match, then did some towers of time doing the same thing. I did about 30 krushing blows, give or take, using 2 or 3 different krushing blows throughout.

My new number? 1/25

Funny enough, as I was going through the towers, I ended up unlocking three different severed heads. Considering the bug never worked for me before it got patched out, at least I came away feeling like it wasn’t an enormous waste of time lol.

DDustiNN

Late last night, my Noob Saibot tower had 1/25 krushing blows. This morning I played almost all the way through a survivor tower, making sure to get one krushing blow per match, then did some towers of time doing the same thing. I did about 30 krushing blows, give or take, using 2 or 3 different krushing blows throughout.

My new number? 1/25

Funny enough, as I was going through the towers, I ended up unlocking three different severed heads. Considering the bug never worked for me before it got patched out, at least I came away feeling like it wasn’t an enormous waste of time lol.
Well that’s weird. I got my Jade Krushing Blows today using survivor tower.

Some people have mentioned that Krushing Blows for equipped abilities are bugged and not counting. Could that be it? The ones I did with Jade were all base moves.

Icefyre

Shadows
Well that’s weird. I got my Jade Krushing Blows today using survivor tower.

Some people have mentioned that Krushing Blows for equipped abilities are bugged and not counting. Could that be it? The ones I did with Jade were all base moves.
Well, all of the krushing blows I used are part of his base move set. Shadow tackle (and didn’t use the slide or aerial clone to count), b1 (1+3) 2 as a counter, and rarely got a d2 from a high. I gave up trying to get to get his b3 (1+3) krushing blow lol, but that’s also base. :(

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I'm sad I didn't get the skin for her that I wanted through her character tower, tbh. Now I just have to wait for it to randomly pop up.
Can't send a status message to your profile so I guess I'll let you know here - This skin is up and available in a Tower right now for the next 10 or so hours. Single fight, easy get.

What I’m more concerned about are the gear pieces and skins for each stage, as the towers each have one or two.

I just want klassic Jax arms lol
I’m on jax’s Level 5 and I haven’t noticed them yet. Maybe I’m missing it or it’s in a different tower. I haven’t touched the gauntlet really