What's new

Guide to Character Towers (5 Stages), and unlocking all Brutalities, Intros/Outros and Taunts.

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
Hello. It's been a long time since our last chat. NRS fixed the towers and economy for the most part so there hasn't been much for me to post about. Last I updated, I had stopped at Noob Saibot's Character Tower Stage 5 due to its ridiculous requirements. But thanks to the amazing Krypt Head glitch, I realized that I was very close to finishing all collectible non-gear items (Brutalities, Intros/Outros, Taunts) for Noob so with that newfound inspiration I finally cleared it.

I know I can be quite wordy in my posts so I'll keep it short and to the point this time.

CHARACTER TOWERS, REQUIREMENTS, AND REWARDS:

Here I am ignoring the rewards unrelated to this thread like Kombat Kard icons, backgrounds, augments or Skins.

Stage 1:
25,000 Koins to Unlock. 50 Throws, 50 Uppercuts to Progress till the end.
Rewards: 1 Intro/Outro, 1 End of Round Taunt

Stage 2:
50,000 Koins to Unlock. 75 Fatalities, 75 Brutalities to Progress till the end.
Rewards: 1 Brutality, 1 End of Round Taunt

Stage 3:
75,000 Koins to Unlock. 100 Krushing Blows, 25,000 Pints of Blood Spilled to Progress till the end.

Stage 4:
100,000 Koins + 10 Souls to Unlock. 125 Fatal Blows, 50 Wins, and 150 Krushing Blows to Progress till the end.

Stage 5 (FINAL STAGE):
150,000 Koins + 20 Souls to Unlock. 100 Wins, 150 Fatal Blows, 125 Fatalities, and 125 Brutalities to Progress till the end.

So there you have it. 5 stages of Character towers, that in total reward: 2 Brutalities, 3 Intros/Outros, and 5 End of Round Taunts.

If you haven't been keeping up with the Krypt and the Timed Towers, here is how to unlock everything:

Brutalities: You start with 2. You get 1 from your character's Shao Kahn chest in the Krypt. You get 2 from Character Towers. Any remaining Brutalities you get from timed towers of time that has your character as the boss. For example, Noob has 6 Brutalities, so only one of them comes from a timed tower. But characters like Cassie or Kitana have more than 6, so you can get multiple Brutalities as rewards from the randomly rotating Towers of Time.

End of Round Taunts: Every character starts with 3 (besides Skarlet who has 2), and you get the remaining 5 from Character Towers, one each per stage. I have no reason to believe there are more than the 5 Taunts that you get from the character towers. So as far as I know, no character has more than 8 of these.

Intros/Outros: Most characters have 8 of these in total. But some fortunate classic characters have 9.
Everyone starts with 1 Intro and 1 Outro.
You get 1 from getting the 50 fatality head for the Krypt.
You get 2 more from the chests inside Shang Tsung's Throne Room that unlocks after the head lineup in the Krype.
You get 3 from your character towers.
That's 8/8 for most characters. The addition 9th outro for the klassic characters lists it as a reward from 'Towers of Time' so I'm assuming it either shows up as an additional reward in their character tower, or might be a planned reward in special towers like the 30 stage gauntlet towers.

That's it for me this time. Have fun.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
How do you know you have all of noob's brutalities? It says 6/?? for me in the customize menu right now so I don't know how many I have to unlock. Does it say 6/6 when you get all of them?

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
How do you know you have all of noob's brutalities? It says 6/?? for me in the customize menu right now so I don't know how many I have to unlock. Does it say 6/6 when you get all of them?
No it does not. It says 6/??? but if you look at the top right, it will tell you the number of finishers you have vs the total you could have on that character. In my video, I have 16/16 for Noob.

Why list the total number of finishers and why the ??? you ask?
I think they want to give you the total number right at the start so you have something to chase and something to keep track of your progress by. The brutalities are ??? because they don't want to reveal to a new player how many of the remaining finishers are brutalities vs taunts to keep the sense of mystery. But once you finish the character towers to the end, the formula is kinda obvious.

Let's take Raiden for example. I've barely played him besides timed towers. I have 10/18 finishers. Out of these 18, 2 are fatalities. So we are left with 16. My raiden has 3 End of Round taunts and I haven't done a single character tower stage for him, so I know I'm going to get 5 more. Taking away the 8 End of Round taunts from the 16 remaining finishers we are left with 8 brutalities. I have 5 of them already, which means I need 3 more. Which are most likely the 2 from character towers and 1 from his shao kahn chest in the krypt.

For another example, Kabal has total of 19 finishers. He starts with 3 taunts. Remove the 3 + 5 taunts and the 2 fatalities and we're left with 9 brutalities. I already have 7 of them, which leaves me with only the 2 from his character towers.

In conclusion, check the total number of finishers listed for a character. Subtract from it 7 + whatever the number of end of round taunts they start with, and you have the number of brutalities.
So no. of brutalities for Kabal = 19 - (7+3) = 9

Last edited:
Thanks for the info ! I was curious as to how to figure out how many brutalities there would. I’m gonna have to jump back into his character tower now and get his last brutality.

It's good that people are starting to figure it out and collect the info. Thanks for putting this together. That said, I've gotten many brutalities and taunts in the Krypt, so they're not Tower-exclusive.

And I would say the towers are MOSTLY fixed. The requirements of getting 75 brutalities and 150 krushing blows and 500 fatal blowjobs and such are still asinine and plain ridiculous. They either need to be decreased by at least half or more, or regular versus/online matches need to be able to contribute.

Last edited:

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
Assuming 5 and only 5 additional End of Round taunts is true for everyone, and assuming the total number of finishers listed per character is true, here are the total number of Brutalities per character:

Shao Kahn: 7
Frost: 6
Johnny Cage: 9
Sonya: 8
Cassie: 9
Jax: 8
Scorpion: 9
Noob: 6
Baraka: 8
Raiden: 8
Jacqui: 8
Sub-Zero: 8
Kano: 8
Kabal: 9
Liu Kang: 7
Kitana: 9
Kung Lao: 7
Jade: 6
Skarlet: 8
Erron Black: 8
D'Vorah: 8
Kotal Kahn: 8
Geras: 8
Kollector: 7
Cetrion: 7

Assuming 5 and only 5 additional End of Round taunts is true for everyone, and assuming the total number of finishers listed per character is true, here are the total number of Brutalities per character:

Shao Kahn: 7
Frost: 6
Johnny Cage: 9
Sonya: 8
Cassie: 9
Jax: 8
Scorpion: 9
Noob: 6
Baraka: 8
Raiden: 8
Jacqui: 8
Sub-Zero: 8
Kano: 8
Kabal: 9
Liu Kang: 7
Kitana: 9
Kung Lao: 7
Jade: 6
Skarlet: 8
Erron Black: 8
D'Vorah: 8
Kotal Kahn: 8
Geras: 8
Kollector: 7
Cetrion: 7

The data mine said 10 Brutalities for each kharacter

Kratilim

Noob
Hello. It's been a long time since our last chat. NRS fixed the towers and economy for the most part so there hasn't been much for me to post about. Last I updated, I had stopped at Noob Saibot's Character Tower Stage 5 due to its ridiculous requirements. But thanks to the amazing Krypt Head glitch, I realized that I was very close to finishing all collectible non-gear items (Brutalities, Intros/Outros, Taunts) for Noob so with that newfound inspiration I finally cleared it.

I know I can be quite wordy in my posts so I'll keep it short and to the point this time.

CHARACTER TOWERS, REQUIREMENTS, AND REWARDS:

Here I am ignoring the rewards unrelated to this thread like Kombat Kard icons, backgrounds, augments or Skins.

Stage 1:
25,000 Koins to Unlock. 50 Throws, 50 Uppercuts to Progress till the end.

Stage 2:
50,000 Koins to Unlock. 75 Fatalities, 75 Brutalities to Progress till the end.

Stage 3:
75,000 Koins to Unlock. 100 Krushing Blows, 25,000 Pints of Blood Spilled to Progress till the end.

Stage 4:
100,000 Koins + 10 Souls to Unlock. 125 Fatal Blows, 50 Wins, and 150 Krushing Blows to Progress till the end.

Stage 5 (FINAL STAGE):
150,000 Koins + 20 Souls to Unlock. 100 Wins, 150 Fatal Blows, 125 Fatalities, and 125 Brutalities to Progress till the end.

So there you have it. 5 stages of Character towers, that in total reward: 2 Brutalities, 3 Intros/Outros, and 5 End of Round Taunts.

If you haven't been keeping up with the Krypt and the Timed Towers, here is how to unlock everything:

Brutalities: You start with 2. You get 1 from your character's Shao Kahn chest in the Krypt. You get 2 from Character Towers. Any remaining Brutalities you get from timed towers of time that has your character as the boss. For example, Noob has 6 Brutalities, so only one of them comes from a timed tower. But characters like Cassie or Kitana have more than 6, so you can get multiple Brutalities as rewards from the randomly rotating Towers of Time.

End of Round Taunts: Every character starts with 3 (besides Skarlet who has 2), and you get the remaining 5 from Character Towers, one each per stage. I have no reason to believe there are more than the 5 Taunts that you get from the character towers. So as far as I know, no character has more than 8 of these.

Intros/Outros: Most characters have 8 of these in total. But some fortunate classic characters have 9.
Everyone starts with 1 Intro and 1 Outro.
You get 1 from getting the 50 fatality head for the Krypt.
You get 2 more from the chests inside Shang Tsung's Throne Room that unlocks after the head lineup in the Krype.
You get 3 from your character towers.
That's 8/8 for most characters. The addition 9th outro for the klassic characters lists it as a reward from 'Towers of Time' so I'm assuming it either shows up as an additional reward in their character tower, or might be a planned reward in special towers like the 30 stage gauntlet towers.

That's it for me this time. Have fun.
Great info! But I've also gotten end of round taunts from the krypt.

Kratilim

Noob
It's good to keep in mind that MKX only had 3 official brutalities available per character variation. Sure there were some secret ones. But the majority had 3 accessible at any given time. It seems MK11 at least has more than that depending on your layout. But why they don't just give us a number baffles me.

Does anyone know what stage of your character towers gives the last intro and outro specifically? Thanks in advance.

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
Does anyone know what stage of your character towers gives the last intro and outro specifically? Thanks in advance.
It depends on the character. Stages 1,3,5 give you the intros or outros. I dont remember offhand but I think for Noob it was Intro,Outro,Intro at 1,3,5 respectively

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I'm at stage 5 with Jade. Got 26 Fatal Blows, so still need some more. Tried to make my AI do them, but if I set the difficulty too low, she rarely gets to under 30 health, and when I set it too high, she gets her ass kicked so she doesn't get to pull it off.

Guess I gotta go manually. Gotta feel that grind. D:

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
In case someone didn't see it yet, the way to fast grind those aberrant fatal blow requirements is to start a klassic novice tower on very easy, with the consumable that gives you access to fatal blow from the start (dragon eye or whatever).

Then, just do fatal blow -> restart match -> repeat 140 times. The fatal blow counts even if you restart your match after it.

Make sure it's a novice tower and not survivor, because you need the restart match option available.
Also make sure you count them as you will waste the konsumable if you go back to menu without grinding them all.

Imbecilic, but that's the fastest way.

Also, keep in mind those 140 restarts will count as losses in your record if you're into that kind of thing.

Useful info thanks!

I do wish the various requirements were not limited to tower activity...they'd be easier then.
I read on Twitter last night that a fix after that patch last night was counting these requirements in online matches as well. Haven’t tested myself but a few comments confirmed it

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
I have a question: does the requirements are counting only after unlocking specific tower?

kantboy-2

Ripper
You get 2 intros and 1 outtro in the character's ToT.

1 intro and 1 outtro from the throne room chest.

1 outtro from the severed head chest.

The requirements for the last outtro for characters with 5; I have no idea

Theses requirements are fucking insane. It creates resentment, not pride and accomplishment.

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
@M.D. Thanks for your post. I was running the Eye of the Dragon King on the 25 match survivor klassic tower on very easy to farm the Fatal Blows, but didn't think to reset the match after doing it. That certainly cuts a lot of time and saves me from using that consumable more than once.

@kantboy-2 Thanks for the clarification.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Btw, when farming Fatal Blows, do I have to see it play all the way through, or do I just need to hit with it before I restart the match?

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
Btw, when farming Fatal Blows, do I have to see it play all the way through, or do I just need to hit with it before I restart the match?
Hmm. I can't test it right now, but if you're on the game, play a regular match without any consumables, hit your Fatal blow, and restart then quit and see if the number increased.
I think you would most likely have to let it play out.