What's new

Guide - Mortal Kombat X Edition (iOS and Android) WITH FRAME DATA AND MOVE PUNISHER TOOL!

purbeast

Noob
Good shit dude! This app is fuckin awesome, definitely gonna pay for the full vers once I get home from vacation. :)
Cool man glad you like it!

Also, I'm taking requests for more inputs to add to the Kustom Kombo Kreator.

I'm thinking dash forward and dash backwards, just because it reads easier than FF and BB.

I was also thinking JF and JB for jump forward and jump back, or maybe even JU for jump up.

But I'm open to suggestions. I also don't want to just put all and everything in there because I don't want it to get too cluttered with buttons.

Also, after this latest patch, does anyone know if the frame data is actually accurate in game? I still am holding off on doing it because I don't want to add frame data, only for it to all be wrong then have to add it again. It's VERY tedious to add it.

purbeast

Noob
Just submitted a patch for the Android one where you would sometimes see overlapping or extra icons at the end of your Kustom Kombos. Thanks to a user for finding this out and bringing it to my attention, I had no clue there was even an issue here. So if you find bugs please keep letting me know so I can fix them!

ThaJyesta

Ferra does the rhyme, all the time

I'm thinking dash forward and dash backwards, just because it reads easier than FF and BB.

I was also thinking JF and JB for jump forward and jump back, or maybe even JU for jump up.

But I'm open to suggestions. I also don't want to just put all and everything in there because I don't want it to get too cluttered with buttons.

Also, after this latest patch, does anyone know if the frame data is actually accurate in game? I still am holding off on doing it because I don't want to add frame data, only for it to all be wrong then have to add it again. It's VERY tedious to add it.
I would definitely like the inclusion of some kind of dash button.

And I'm not sure on the frame data. I hear there's another big patch on the way, so you might want to hold off until like Tanya comes out or something.

Also, have you included the new moves that were added in this latest patch? I know at least Kitana, Shinnok, and Quan Chi all got new moves, but there could be more. Lastly, just a little nitpick, but Goro's last variation is actually "Tigrar Fury" and not "Tiger Fury". :p

purbeast

Noob
No I didn't add those new moves yet, I'll get on that though. I didn't realize it. Been kind of out of the loop of what's actually going on in the game with a newborn heh.

As for Goro's variation, did they patch that in as well? I could have SWORN in the game it said "Tiger" when I was looking through it.

ThaJyesta

No I didn't add those new moves yet, I'll get on that though. I didn't realize it. Been kind of out of the loop of what's actually going on in the game with a newborn heh.

As for Goro's variation, did they patch that in as well? I could have SWORN in the game it said "Tiger" when I was looking through it.
No, I'm 90% certain it's been Tigrar Fury the entire time. I mess it up all the time, though. :confused:

purbeast

Noob
The 1.5 iOS update is finally through the review process. So the edit stuff is in there as well as some other fixes (I forget the specifics at the current moment lol, been so long).

I plan on adding the updated moves from the patch, as well as dash forward/back buttons to the kombo kreator tool, and then I will push the next update to iOS as well as Android. I may have time to do it tonight but not 100% sure yet.

ThaJyesta

The 1.5 iOS update is finally through the review process. So the edit stuff is in there as well as some other fixes (I forget the specifics at the current moment lol, been so long).

I plan on adding the updated moves from the patch, as well as dash forward/back buttons to the kombo kreator tool, and then I will push the next update to iOS as well as Android. I may have time to do it tonight but not 100% sure yet.
Awesome! I've been waiting for it. Once I get it downloaded I'll play around with it and see if I'm still having that issue where my preferences keep reverting.

Audit

Falls down too much
As an Android user I'd vote for taking the header bar off. Nice app though, really looking forward to the frame data.

purbeast

Noob
Okay cool, yeah a few people say it's pretty pointless to have it there and it takes up valuable real estate. I'll remove it in the next update, it's a simple and quick change.

purbeast

Noob
Just submitted updates for both iOS and Android. The following changes are included:

Android:
- Removed the application header for more screen real estate.
- Added jump and dash buttons to the Kustom Kombo Kreator.
- Added the moves that were in the most recent patch for Kitana, Quan Chi, and Shinnok.
- Fixed Goro's variation from "Tiger Fury" to be correct with "Tigrar Fury".

iOS:
- Added run, jump and dash buttons.
- Added the new moves that were in the latest patch for Kitana, Quan Chi, and Shinnok.
- Fixed Ermac's Scepter Launch move.
- Fixed Goro's "Tiger Fury" variation to be correct with "Tigrar Fury"

As usual, iOS one will take a while to get through review process. Android one should be out shortly.

I'm also looking for feedback on the Jump/Dash buttons. I want to know if you guys think they are too little or if it's okay. I was going to just put "DF" and "JF" but instead did "DashF" and "JumpF" but it definitely is a little small. I'm curious if you guys think it's TOO small or if it's fine.

purbeast

Noob
Started messing with the frame data framework today and this is what I plan on doing for the frame data. I took a little video of how it is going to work. Basically you click on the move/kombo in the list and it will display it for you in line in the cell. I've only done Cassie Cage so far just to kinda see how it looks, and here is a video of it.

That is the general idea. I am probably going to add a header of some sort like "Frame Data" or something. And I may add a preference that opens them all expanded by default, although I personally think that makes the list look cluttered.

Does anyone know how accurate the frame data in game is? It is really time consuming to gather the data, and I really don't want to have to do it more than once but was going to start this week. But I'm hesitant because I'm not sure how accurate it is right now. I will probably do like 3-5 characters a day until they are all done.

I plan to do it on iPhone first, just because the review process takes long, but both Android and iOS share the same data so once it's done for iPhone, expect it on Android the following day or two. I just have to implement the sliding of the table cell on Android to display the data.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
great stuff.

Anyway to save kustom kombos? Be sweet if we could save / load and share them somehow.

I'm very interested in the cancel frame data for strings.

purbeast

Noob
If you mean like save outside of the application, then no there isn't. You can just save them inside of the application for your own personal use.

purbeast

Noob
Expect the Tanya update this week. I may add her tonight, but there is a chance it won't be until Wednesday.

Also, it still sounds like the frame data is still not correct. Anyone know if that is the case or not?

Jynks

I would love it if you made the other dlc toons avaliable as well. I know there would be no data in them, but it would be cool if we could add in out own kustom kombos strait away instead of having to wait for the update.

Thanks again for you app it is really awesome.

purbeast

Noob
Ah, so you are the one who emailed me that same suggestion :) Yeah not a bad suggestion, but not quite as straight forward as it may seem.

Tonight I plan to update the app with Tanya's information though, so on Android, look for the update tonight, and the iOS one will take a week or so to go through.

purbeast

Noob
Tanya has been added! The Android one should go live very shortly as usual, and the iOS one will take longer as usual.

The iOS guys get a little bit of a tease though - I included the frame data for Cassie Cage and what I've already implemented so they can get a taste of how Frame Data will work.

Over the next week or so I'm going to grind it out and work on the Frame Data and should have the update out within like 10 or so days I'd guess. I'm going to try and do like 3-4 characters a day, possibly more/fewer depending on what time allows with a 2 month old around the house heh.

It's extremely tedious/time consuming so that is why I can't just do it all at once. If anyone wants to offer some help to gather data, feel free to let me know lol! I can show you the format and what all is needed! And then you will see just how tedious it is!

Jynks

It's extremely tedious/time consuming so that is why I can't just do it all at once. If anyone wants to offer some help to gather data, feel free to let me know lol! I can show you the format and what all is needed! And then you will see just how tedious it is!
wow.. you make that sound really inviting :)

purbeast

Noob
Hah. I mean it's basically going through EVERY move in the game for EVERY variation and transcribing it. Sounds like a blast huh?

purbeast

Noob
Alright well time for a MAJOR UPDATE!

After a couple rough days of grinding and grinding to get the frame data into the appliation, version 2.0 has been finished and NOW INCLUDES MOVE AND FRAME DATA!!! Check out the screen shot below!!

There are 2 ways to view the frame data, listed below (and you can see it in the screen shot too):

1. You can now click on the items in the Basic Attacks, Kombos, and Special Moves sections, and it will expand to show the move and frame data, including the type of move, the damage, and the ever important frame data.

2. There is also an option in the main section for the character variation for Frame Data that will display all frame data in a list format so it's easy to browse and find it quickly for all moves.

Now about the versions:

iOS:
I rejected the version I submitted on Tuesday night that included the Tanya update, and instead just submitted this update. The frame data update hopefully takes about a week or so to go through, and that will include Tanya as well. So stay tuned and you will be able to access it all very quick.

Android:
I haven't added it yet, but I plan on doing it today/tomorrow. Now that I have all of the frame data in the data file (which is by far the most time consuming thing to do, generate the data sheet), it's a pretty straight forward thing I have to do. I grinded out this week gathering the frame data and adding it to the iOS version since it takes longer to go through, but adding the functionality to Android shouldn't be too long. I hope to have it done by tomorrow.

Anyways, here is the screen shot of it for iOS. Hope you all enjoy this, this really took a lot of tedious grinding to get this information into the app lol!

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Cool man glad you like it!

If you do add a short cut for jump up, you should make it NJ for neutral jump.
Also, any plans to have to hit levels listed for the kombo's? For instance Cassie's 242 string is high, mid, mid? I think that would be a great additonion. Overall great app, purchased on iOS.

purbeast

Noob
If you do add a short cut for jump up, you should make it NJ for neutral jump.
Also, any plans to have to hit levels listed for the kombo's? For instance Cassie's 242 string is high, mid, mid? I think that would be a great additonion. Overall great app, purchased on iOS.
If there is a list of all of the combo hit levels somewhere, that would be pretty simple for me to add. I just don't know all of that info off the top of my head.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
If there is a list of all of the combo hit levels somewhere, that would be pretty simple for me to add. I just don't know all of that info off the top of my head.
Sadly I don't think there is, I wouldn't mind going through some of the chars and reporting the hit levels, with a few people it wouldn't take more then a few days, and I think it would be very beneficial, since it seems this info isn't readily available