What's new

Guide - Mortal Kombat X Edition (iOS and Android) WITH FRAME DATA AND MOVE PUNISHER TOOL!

Shifty Capwn

The greatest bad player of all time.
Looking forward to next update. Actually I've got a few (very few) RL fighting game buddies but they would all love this so Ill be sure to inform them of this app. You have put alot of work into this and it's like I said before quite good so Ill do my part on getting the word out on the app best I can.

purbeast

Noob
Alright just put out the v1.5 update for Android. It includes the following:

- Added the ability to edit Kustom Kombos so you can go back and make changes to Kombos.
- Added 2 new cancel icons. 1 is a ~ and one is the xx notation, so you can use whichever you like when making Kustom Kombos
- Fixed some of Kung Jin's errors with 2 of his basic attacks.
- Fixed Erron Black's Put 'Em Up Kombo.
- Fixed some of Shinnok's Special Moves were not showing in some variations

It should go live I'm guessing in an hour or so whenever it propogates, but it is now published! iOS one hopefully won't take too long to go through review process!

purbeast

Noob
Looking forward to next update. Actually I've got a few (very few) RL fighting game buddies but they would all love this so Ill be sure to inform them of this app. You have put alot of work into this and it's like I said before quite good so Ill do my part on getting the word out on the app best I can.
Sweet man that is awesome, I appreciate it!

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
The app is fantastic.
I would also like to click the combo though and have the game data display that way.

One more thing, is it possible to maybe have it backup to Google Drive. That way if say there needs to be an uninstall or a fdr (factory data reset) the kustom combos and notes are not lost. That would be amazing lol

EDIT: Okay, I also have an icon request for kustom combos. Is it possible to have an icon that just says run?

So instead of (for Cassie)
12, ⬇ 2, ↪↪ BL, ↪21, ⬇⬇1.

It would be
12, ⬇ 2, RUN, ↪21, ⬇⬇1.

Just makes it a little more tidy.

EDIT2: Okay that's weird. It keeps removing the back for her down back 2 in this reply lol. Weird. In any case it's db2, not d2

Last edited:

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
How do you put those images in the posts?
You're talking to me I'm guessing? Those are emoji. All you have to do (if your phone supports them) is add them to a response. Tym supports some of them so they show up in responses

ThaJyesta

Ferra does the rhyme, all the time
Is it possible to have an icon that just says run?
I second this.

Also @purbeast, I'm running into the issue, I think was supposed to be solved with your latest iOS patch where my button settings constantly revert back to MK Buttons when I want to use Numbered. I have to flip buttons constantly to get it back to my preferred settings. Am I doing something wrong? To be honest with you, I don't know what "Screen Always On" is referring to.

purbeast

Noob
I second this.

Also @purbeast, I'm running into the issue, I think was supposed to be solved with your latest iOS patch where my button settings constantly revert back to MK Buttons when I want to use Numbered. I have to flip buttons constantly to get it back to my preferred settings. Am I doing something wrong? To be honest with you, I don't know what "Screen Always On" is referring to.
Hmmm I'm not sure of the issue you mean. I did see something similar to it I THINK that I have fixed in the 1.5 update (that is waiting for review), that would like show one button type, and if you changed button types, it would show the original one until you like went back and made the screen "reload" or picked a new option. It's a weird workflow, which is why I never saw it before.

But are you saying that you make a settings change to numbers, and then it will flip back to the MK icons when you are viewing, AND the actual selection option in the preferences is ALSO the MK icons option? If that is the case, I have not seen that and would like to know if you can repeat it with some exact steps so I can reproduce it. The 1.4.1 issue was not for that fix, it was for a crashing issue that was happening.

As for the run button, I will definitely add that. Makes total sense and instead of being 3 or 4 inputs (if you add a + in there) it will just be 1 and makes it much easier to read.

I'm still working on this Android update right now and hope to have it out either tonight or tomorrow.

I'll just tell you what the update will be since it really won't effect those of you who have already purchased it.

I've decided to try, as a test run, making the Android version free with ads on it. I have an in-app purchase to remove the ads as well.

However, there is also another catch to the free version - in the free version you will only be able to save 1 or 2 (haven't decided yet) Kustom Kombos per character. If you want unlimited Kustom Kombos, you will have to upgrade to the pro version for $.99.

So everyone who already purchased the app for $.99 you will not be effected. I have code in there that checks to see if you have it installed prior to this version being released, and if you do, then you will have the upgraded version so it will have no effect on you. In this update I will also add the run button, so expect that shortly as well.

I am not 100% doing this though, but I just want to get all of the code ready and have it ready to do this if I want to "flip the switch" to this. But once I do that, I can't go back, that is just how Android works. I'm thinking of trying this just because of how it seems the Android market is. I feel most Android users are used to free apps with ads in them, and I feel that will just get more downloads in general. Some of the other free MKX apps (even ones that have poor reviews) have like 50k+ downloads. So I figured I should at least try to get it in as many people's hands to use, and if they like the Kustom Kombo feature (which I personally think really separates this from other apps of the nature) they can upgrade to the pro version.

I don't plan on doing this on iOS just yet, and want to test the waters with Android first and see how that goes. I am like 90% going to release it this way on Android, but there is still 10% of me that doesn't want to. But I'm very close to completing development of this portion of it so we will see in the next few days.

ThaJyesta

Hmmm I'm not sure of the issue you mean. I did see something similar to it I THINK that I have fixed in the 1.5 update (that is waiting for review), that would like show one button type, and if you changed button types, it would show the original one until you like went back and made the screen "reload" or picked a new option. It's a weird workflow, which is why I never saw it before.

But are you saying that you make a settings change to numbers, and then it will flip back to the MK icons when you are viewing, AND the actual selection option in the preferences is ALSO the MK icons option? If that is the case, I have not seen that and would like to know if you can repeat it with some exact steps so I can reproduce it. The 1.4.1 issue was not for that fix, it was for a crashing issue that was happening.
So this is what happens. My preferred settings are Numbered Buttons so that's what I set it to. I go to the movelist and it'll be MK Buttons. I go back to the settings and it'll still be on Numbered Buttons, like I set it to. Even when I switch settings around to Playstation or XBOne Buttons they'll stay MK Buttons. I often have to play with the settings and go back and forth with the preferences until it'll finally show up as Numbered Buttons. The quickest fix I've been able to find is to go into Kustom Kombos like I'm going to enter a new one then exit back out and then it'll reset to my preferred settings.

purbeast

Noob
So this is what happens. My preferred settings are Numbered Buttons so that's what I set it to. I go to the movelist and it'll be MK Buttons. I go back to the settings and it'll still be on Numbered Buttons, like I set it to. Even when I switch settings around to Playstation or XBOne Buttons they'll stay MK Buttons. I often have to play with the settings and go back and forth with the preferences until it'll finally show up as Numbered Buttons. The quickest fix I've been able to find is to go into Kustom Kombos like I'm going to enter a new one then exit back out and then it'll reset to my preferred settings.
Okay yeah, I THINK that this is fixed in the 1.5 update. When I get home tonight I'll see if I can look at the changes I made and see if I made a note about a fix for that. I remember this being an issue where it was supposed to be doing something specific for the Kustom Kombo list, but it was actually doing it for all of the "lists" of moves you can see, and that was causing a wierd side effect. And I believe you going to the Kustom Kombo thing "fixes" it because it was initially supposed to be for the Kustom Kombo stuff only.

I can't remember the details, but I remember there was code in there that would refresh the Kustom Kombo list when you came back from entering a new one, so that the list would show your new one in there, and that refresh call was happening for other pages as well but shouldn't have been being called and was causing some side effect of the nature you are talking about.

So when the 1.5 comes out (which i'm hoping is any day) let me know if it fixes your issue. Again I'll try to see if I can dig up my commits tonight and look at the changelog and see if I can find more details because I know I saw something of this nature before and remember fixing it.

ThaJyesta

Okay yeah, I THINK that this is fixed in the 1.5 update. When I get home tonight I'll see if I can look at the changes I made and see if I made a note about a fix for that. I remember this being an issue where it was supposed to be doing something specific for the Kustom Kombo list, but it was actually doing it for all of the "lists" of moves you can see, and that was causing a wierd side effect. And I believe you going to the Kustom Kombo thing "fixes" it because it was initially supposed to be for the Kustom Kombo stuff only.

I can't remember the details, but I remember there was code in there that would refresh the Kustom Kombo list when you came back from entering a new one, so that the list would show your new one in there, and that refresh call was happening for other pages as well but shouldn't have been being called and was causing some side effect of the nature you are talking about.

So when the 1.5 comes out (which i'm hoping is any day) let me know if it fixes your issue. Again I'll try to see if I can dig up my commits tonight and look at the changelog and see if I can find more details because I know I saw something of this nature before and remember fixing it.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was something you mentioned before. Once the update finally shows up on iOS I'll mess around with it and see if the problem is still there.

purbeast

Noob
So just a heads up...

I just unpublished the app from the Google Play Store.

This is in preparation of publishing the free version. I want to be sure there is a period of time when the pay version is off the store, because I'm setting a threshold that people who have it prior to, will have the full version.

I'm waiting for it to become completely off the store before I update to the free version with in-app purchase.

Additionally, when that hits, I will have the run button added as well. I hope that I can publish it by tonight.

purbeast

Noob
Well I just published the free Android version. It should be propogating to the store over night I'm assuming. The pay version was no longer available after 2 hours of unpublishing it, so I'm guessing it will be about the same.

If any of you who purchased the version have any kind of issue with seeing ads and stuff (which you should not, as I have code in there that checks the installation date, and if it's before the threshold, then you have the pro version and a flag is set saying you have it) then PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!

Again, that SHOULDN'T happen at all, so I hope it doesn't. But definitely let me know if it does!

Also, the 1.6.1 update includes the Run button in the Kombo Kreator!

purbeast

Noob
Question for Android users...

Would you prefer that I remove the header with the name of the app and the icon? Since I'm not an Android user myself, I thought that was standard, but I see that you can remove it to get more real estate now. I am just not sure what is "standard" or preferred.