What's new

Guide for Cyber Sub-Zero

mingzang

Master of Disaster
Depends when you hit them with the beam, it doesn't leave them frozen in the air for too long, so really tight timing for the port jump punch, though only results in 27% at that point, will mess around with beam stuff a bit later to see what can be got, unfortunately I can't test against people so it's a bit difficult to test some things well.
Ice beam doesn't leave opponents frozen in the air for too long , but Csub has teleport .

And i found this :

- Midscreen: 1 1 1~Ice Ball -> opponents can block ice ball .
- But corner: 1 1 1~Ice Ball -> can't block.

3 4 is really good , 2nd hit is overhead , but sometimes i use this : 3 3~Ice Beam (not Ice Ball , because if you use it , opponents can block , Ice Beam is faster) because 2nd hit is low .

My combos :

1. (Midscreen) 2 1~Ice Ball , jump-in 1/2 , B3 2~X-Ray .
2. (Midscreen) 2 1~Ice Ball , jump-in 1/2 2 , 1 2+1 , dash , U4~Slide/EX Slide .
3. (Corner) 1 1 1~Ice Ball , dash back , jump-in 1/2 , 3 4 , 3 4 , 3 4 , 3 3~Slide/EX Slide .
4. (Corner) 1 1 1~Ice Ball , dash back , jump-in 1/2 , 2 1 2+1 , neutral jump punch , 4 , 1 , B2 4~X-Ray .

-M-

Noob
Ice beam doesn't leave opponents frozen in the air for too long , but Csub has teleport .

And i found this :

- Midscreen: 1 1 1~Ice Ball -> opponents can block ice ball .
- But corner: 1 1 1~Ice Ball -> can't block.

3 4 is really good , 2nd hit is overhead , but sometimes i use this : 3 3~Ice Beam (not Ice Ball , because if you use it , opponents can block , Ice Beam is faster) because 2nd hit is low .

My combos :

1. (Midscreen) 2 1~Ice Ball , jump-in 1/2 , B3 2~X-Ray .
2. (Midscreen) 2 1~Ice Ball , jump-in 1/2 2 , 1 2+1 , dash , U4~Slide/EX Slide .
3. (Corner) 1 1 1~Ice Ball , dash back , jump-in 1/2 , 3 4 , 3 4 , 3 4 , 3 3~Slide/EX Slide .
4. (Corner) 1 1 1~Ice Ball , dash back , jump-in 1/2 , 2 1 2+1 , neutral jump punch , 4 , 1 , B2 4~X-Ray .
Yeah, already said about the teleport, you can barely make the njp after a telport most times, if they're just leaving the ground as they freeze the best thing I've been able to do is 2,1,1+2, dash b+2,2, slide. Again though, not much time after the air freeze teleport, so have to be quite fast in doing so.

Yeah, 3,3,ex freeze is probably one of the only times I'd consider using bars other than x-ray, breakers, or perhaps the bomb/beam trap. The only other one I can think of is b+3, ex freeze, boosts the potential combo damage on both these moves by enough to make it worth it, not just 1-2% like an ex slide at the end of a combo usually does.

All those combos are pretty much known, the only thing I was surprised about was the 1,1,1, freeze at the corner, though probably others already knew about it. Useful as a starter without a jump in since it has faster startup than 2,1 and does the same damage, though I think I'd still prefer to keep the pressure up with 3,4_3,3,2 mixups.

much slower

what I meant about the beam was firing it as part of the 2 meter trap. I usually fire the bombs then the beam so if they stay on the ground and get bomb frozen you have to wait for the beam to finish before going forward.

-M-

Noob
much slower

what I meant about the beam was firing it as part of the 2 meter trap. I usually fire the bombs then the beam so if they stay on the ground and get bomb frozen you have to wait for the beam to finish before going forward.
Oh I see what you mean, the beam finishes early enough to give you the time to teleport and njp.

Edit: However, if they get hit by the beam and 2 bombs then the njp will splat them rather than bounce, if that's the case you can still do 3,4, b+2,2, slide ... though I think it's a bit hard to see whether they get hit by 1 or 2 bombs in match?

Oh I see what you mean, the beam finishes early enough to give you the time to teleport and njp.

Edit: However, if they get hit by the beam and 2 bombs then the njp will splat them rather than bounce, if that's the case you can still do 3,4, b+2,2, slide ... though I think it's a bit hard to see whether they get hit by 1 or 2 bombs in match?
The easiest way to confirm whether 1 or 2 bombs hit them would be to note the damage your opponent takes. I've found that more often than not, if your opponent is at any point in between 2 bombs (even is he is closer to one than the other), both will hit. Although, it is a bit wonky sometimes.

this one should be stickied instead of the empty one. i wonder how many more characters have the real guide hidden in their forum?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Add :l:fk:bp:fp, the first hit is low and it does 16% damage, really good for mixing it up on opponents

Thats what I figured. I wanna point out that you can leave off the 1 and do b+3,2, (land) b+2,2 and then iceball/ice bomb wakeup mix-ups. I tried ending it with a slide but I kept sliding under the guy after the b+2,2.

b.3 is really slow to come out and can be guarded pretty easily. You'll catch people not familiar with Cyber Sub, but any good opponent will block it. Not quite sure how safe it is because I never use it outside of combos.

Yeah it really is. Still I like using it after a jip, 3,2, ice ball, jip, b+2,2 iceball wakeup stuff I was talking about.

Is there anyway to post videos on these different scenerio cases. I really like CSZ but not the greatest, so just want to upmy level with him. Nice work on the guide though. I have learned some stuff, but would like to see them.