What's new

Guest Kharacter Stages

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Why not have stages for MK characters AND guests? It's not like it has to be one or the other, this thread was just specific for guests.
I understand that not having any guest characters is at this point in time an unrealistic pipe dream. I'm sure many people understand. That doesnt mean we're going to like it, and it doesn't mean we're gonna sit here and enthusiastically brainstorm other ways in which NRS could theoretically dilute MK content with non-MK content. That's not a conversation I or others have any interest in having. We're sitting here crossing our fingers it never comes to that.

I understand that not having any guest characters is at this point in time an unrealistic pipe dream. I'm sure many people understand. That doesnt mean we're going to like it, and it doesn't mean we're gonna sit here and enthusiastically brainstorm other ways in which NRS could theoretically dilute MK content with non-MK content. That's not a conversation I or others have any interest in having. We're sitting here crossing our fingers it never comes to that.
Speak for yourself.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I feel like if you get so heated over the thought of Guests, then coming into a thread with 'Guest' as the first word is just hurting your damn self. It's so easy to ignore threads. You don't have to read every thread, and you sure as hell don't have to respond.

Nobody's telling you to "sit here and enthusiastically brainstorm other ways in which NRS could theoretically dilute MK content with non-MK content." :rolleyes:

But nobody's telling you to come in here and read this stuff either.

Every single thread with 'Guest' in the title is filled with people bitching like babies over guests. DON'T READ THE GUEST THREADS! Lmfao. It's honestly that simple.

Also

To pretend that everyone hates guests is literally the dumbest shit ever.

It'd be more accurate for me to exclaim "Everyone LOVES guests." Considering the majority of people who are going to play MK will be buying them.

Make a fucking guest complaint thread if you're so inclined and stop trying to make people who want guests feel shitty.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I feel like if you get so heated over the thought of Guests, then coming into a thread with 'Guest' as the first word is just hurting your damn self. It's so easy to ignore threads. You don't have to read every thread, and you sure as hell don't have to respond.

Nobody's telling you to "sit here and enthusiastically brainstorm other ways in which NRS could theoretically dilute MK content with non-MK content." :rolleyes:

Every single thread with 'Guest' in the title is filled with people bitching like babies over guests. DON'T READ THE GUEST THREADS! Lmfao. It's honestly that simple.

Also

It'd be more accurate for me to exclaim "Everyone LOVES guests." Considering the majority of people who are going to play MK will be buying them.

Make a fucking guest complaint thread if you're so inclined and stop trying to make people who want guests feel shitty.
Yeah guests are here to stay. It’s not even just MK, we got Geralt and 2B in soul calibur, Neegan in tekken. Guests are only getting more popular and they sell.

A more constructive outlook would be picking a guest that makes sense and would be cool to see.why be miserable fighting the inevitable? Why set yourself up for that disappointment? I don’t understand it either.

pure.Wasted

If you have a right to voice your opinion that you want a feature, other people have a right to voice their constructive criticism, or their opinion that they don't want that feature. There's no "safe space" tag on this thread.

People who hate Kano were shitting all over him (and other MK1/2/3 characters) in the Kano reveal thread. Did you also tell all of them to stop giving their opinion, and go make a Kano-hating thread instead of bringing Kano fans down with their negativity.......? No, you didn't. Because there's nothing wrong with people providing their opinion as long as they're not obnoxious about it.

Good thing I literally never pretended that, then.

[citation needed]

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Yeah guests are here to stay. It’s not even just MK, we got Geralt and 2B in soul calibur, Neegan in tekken. Guests are only getting more popular and they sell.

A more constructive outlook would be picking a guest that makes sense and would be cool to see.why be miserable fighting the inevitable? Why set yourself up for that disappointment? I don’t understand it either.
YES! ALL FACTS!

Seeing all these people say:

"Guests can fuck off."

It's just not gonna happen.

"I'd rather have no guests-"

Not happening.

Like, people aren't getting it and I don't get HOW they aren't getting it. They really are setting themselves up for disappointment trying to set up the illusion of no guests being in. Those same people are going to be popping up when the Kombat Pack gets revealed having seizures and threatening to cancel their preorder lmfao.

It just seems childish to me. I pre-ordered the Premium Edition of Injustice 2 and didn't regret it. There were multiple characters I wasn't a huge fan of: Hellboy, Black Manta, Red Hood.

Did I regret my purchase? Hell no. Did I complain? Hell no. I sat my ass down and played the game I spent over $100 on and got my damn money's worth. I played that game Every. Single. Day. I didn't just pick it up once a week, or every once in a while.

People aren't appreciating the effort and time and amount of content NRS puts into these games. Meanwhile, some of these $60 games are putting in the bare minimum.

Good thing I literally never pretended that, then.
That's not a conversation I or others have any interest in having.
*clears throat* Mhm.

[citation needed]
Did you miss Ed Boon saying Guests were the most bought DLC?

There's literally no argument here lmao. Make a guest complaint thread. End of discussion.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
I guess I'm just confused why someone who thinks the characters in a game are so shit that any guest character is an improvement would want anything to do with that game.
How typical to twist my words for your benefit. I think MK characters are cool, I never said they are shit...but guest characters are cooler than most.
That doesn't mean I don't wanna play the fucking game...besides I'm pretty sure we're getting Spawn, Michael and Pennywise, even one of them is fine so I'm good.

pure.Wasted

*clears throat* Mhm.
I can see how if you take that one sentence entirely out of the context of the rest of my post, wherein I clarify that I am talking specifically about people who share my opinion, that it might look like I'm instead talking about everyone who ever lived.

I had assumed that you have the reading comprehension skills to parse that context, and are intellectually honest enough not to try to make a strawman out of me. Was I mistaken on either count?

There's literally no argument here lmao.
It wasn't an argument until you got all defensive. You asked why people don't want to participate in the OP's question and speculate about stages, I provided what I believed to be the answer to that question. "End of discussion." Then you threw a hissy fit and turned it into an argument. At the risk of sounding like a dick... I couldn't help but notice you getting similarly emotionally invested in a conversation about Jade's skin color recently. I think you're taking neutral discussions way too personally. Sometimes a conversation where people disagree is just a conversation.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
You asked why people don't want to participate in the OP's question and speculate about stages, I provided what I believed to be the answer to that question.
What the hell, I think you are confusing me with someone lol. When did I ask this?
I couldn't help but notice you getting similarly emotionally invested in a conversation about Jade's skin color recently.
Please link me to this.

J_in_CA

Noob
Guest character stages would be awesome, I wrote a post about this a while back on another forum.

Michael Myers- Would be on the street in front of the Myers house, could slam the opponent into a parked car and have jack-o-lantern's to throw as interactions. Would have Dr. Loomis run speeding by in the station wagon and accidently run over the loser smashing their skull under his tire for the stage fatality.

Pennywise- Sewer with water running in from the street, tons of choices for interactive elements there. Stage fatality would be throwing the opponent into a water pipe that's sticking out of the wall throat first and having the water running out turn red while they hang there and twitch.

Jason- Dock at Crystal Lake where you are on one side and the camp is on the other, could have canoe paddles and a torch as interactive elements. Fatality would be knocking the opponent into the lake and having young deformed Jason grab them by the leg and hold them under until they drown.

Freddy- Was going to do boiler room but that's already one of his fatalities so I think maybe either the street in front of Nancy's house with some fog rolling by and those 3 little girls in white dresses jumping rope on the lawn while occasionally singing "One, two Freddy's coming for you, 3 , 4 better lock your door" etc or maybe even some kind of nightmare world.

Predator- On his ship
Alien- In an egg hatchery/nest
Leather Face- His Work shop

Last edited:
It truly was a travesty that Jason did not get Crystal Lake + iconic, Friday the 13th theme... Especially given the paucity of stages in MKX, and how overwhelming 'meh' most of those stages were.

Guest character stages would be awesome, I wrote a post about this a while back on another forum.

Michael Myers- Would be on the street in front of the Myers house, could slam the opponent into a parked car and have jack-o-lantern's to throw as interactions. Would have Dr. Loomis run speeding by in the station wago and accidently run over the loser smashing their skull under his tire for the stage fatality.

Pennywise- Sewer with water running in from the street, tons of choices for interactive elements there. Stage fatality would be throwing the opponent into a water pipe that's sticking out of the wall throat first and having the water running out turn red while they hang there and twitch.

Jason- Dock at Crystal Lake where you are on one side and the camp is on the other, could have canoe paddles and a torch as interactive elements. Fatality would be knocking the opponent into the lake and having young deformed Jason grab them by the leg and hold them under until they drown.

Freddy- Was going to do boiler room but that's already one of his fatalities so I think maybe either the street in front of Nancy's house with some fog rolling by and those 3 little girls in white dresses jumping rope on the lawn while occasionally singing "One, two Freddy's coming for you, 3 , 4 better lock your door" etc or maybe even some kind of nightmare world.

Predator- On his ship
Alien- In an egg hatchery/nest
Leather Face- His Work shop
Some great examples there. While I do prefer MK characters, if we are going to be getting some guest characters they might as well go all out with it. It's not every day that you get to use such iconic figures and they should take full advantage of that.

For myself, the most interesting thing regarding the guest characters are the potential of the intro dialogues. They really dropped the ball there with the likes of Jason in MKX. They could have done some really clever stuff using his mother's voice speaking to him about his opponent. Missed opportunity there.

Also, just thinking about the intro possibilities using a Robert Englund voiced Freddy. Damn, that would be great, but obviously we already got him in MK9 so we probably won't be seeing him again.