What's new

[GUESSING GAME] Which characters will 100% make it into the MK11 base roster?

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Let's play a game:
Guess 13 characters, who will make it into the base roster of Mortal Kombat 11.

Rules:

You can't pick any characters, who have already been confirmed. So no Scorpion, Dark Raiden, Shao Khan or even the mystery woman from the cinematic trailer. Supposed leaks don't matter.

You also can't pick the following 8 characters, since it's too likely that they'll end up in the main roster anyway. And we don't want this to be too easy:
Liu Kang, Kitana, Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, Kung Lao, Sub-Zero, Kenshi, Jax

If you win, you get to humble-brag. If you lose, you die. A painful death. Like Raidens lightning hitting you, while you're sitting on the toilet kind of painful.

Here are my guesses:

01. Kano
02. Takeda
03. Cassie Cage
04. Erron Black
05. Jade
06. Kabal
07. Ermac
08. Noob Saibot
09. Rain
10. D'Vorah
11. Fujin
12. Reptile
13. Mileena

13 characters you have to guess + 4 characters we already know + 8 characters you're not allowed to pick = 25 characters. The same amount we got in MKX. Add 2-3 very likely brand new characters (maybe the mystery womans henchmen) and you already have a decently sized roster.

I think some characters on my list like Kano and Ermac are a given.
I also picked some of the new generations characters like Takeda, Cassie and D'Vorah, who were well received / had a big role in the MKX story. I skipped out on Kotal, because his story might be over for now. Kung Jin and Jacqui were rather meh IMO, so I could see NRS bringing back fan favorites over these new gen characters.
Rain, Noob Saibot and Jade are fan favorites, so I can see them returning.
With Raiden turning over to the Dark Side, I could see Fujin stepping in to help the others.
Mileena is a fan favorite to a point, where NRS probably came up with time travel only to bring Mileena back, LOL! I don't see her being reduced to a DLC character anytime soon, even though she would probably sell like crazy.

Last edited:

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
You also can't pick the following 8 characters, since it's too likely that they'll end up in the main roster anyway. And we don't want this to be too easy:
Well, to be fair, I can see Johnny, Sonya, Jax and maybe even Kung Lao not making it to the main roster.
(Btw, you put Kenshi on your list even when saying we shouldn't pick him ;P )

I think the Kombat Kids will return. Takeda and Cassie have better chances, but I'd like to see Kung Jin as well. Don't care about Jacqui, but I think she'll make it in anyways.

Kinda the same with Kotal Kahn, D'vorah and Erron Black. Kotal seems like an obvious choice, D'vorah was pretty awesome and unique, and I'd like to see where her story is headed. Don't care about Erron Black, but he's popular enough to make it in.

RIP Ferra/Torr.

Reptile might be a jobber and a punching bag, but people seem to love him. Same with Ermac.
Noob and Fujin seem to be the two most popular characters people have been clamouring about when it comes to MK11 roster choices.
Jade seems to be right up there as well, especially with the hints that something is being built up around her which we might finally see what is in MK11.
Mileena died in MKX, but she's just so incredibly popular. I could see her sit out MK11, but then become DLC, however, I think NRS might have something up their sleeves when it comes to her.
I would personally LOVE to have Rain on the main roster, and I've seen other people wanting him too, so I think he could have a chance as well.
And lastly, I think Shang Tsung's chances of returning is pretty high as well.

So my list would be:
Takeda
Cassie
Kung Jin
Jacqui
Kotal Kahn
Erron Black
D'vorah
Reptile
Ermac
Noob
Fujin
Jade
Mileena
Rain
Shang Tsung

I'm probably wrong about a handful of these though. There's a few more I'd love to see on the roster, but their chances seem kinda low. Could be pleasantly surprised, but I don't want to keep my hopes up.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
My picks, not of who I want but who I think will be in for sure (taking your rules into account):

1. Cassie Cage
2. Takeda
3. Jacqui Briggs
4. Kung Jin
5. Kotal Kahn
6. D'Vorah
7. Erron Black
8. Jade
9. Shang Tsung
10. Rain
11. Reptile
12. Cyrax
13. Fujin

Fujin was almost Noob Saibot. I think one of those two will anchor the Kombat Pack, with the other on base roster.

I think Kano will be out, replaced by the son from his MKX ladder ending to keep up with Cassie and the gang.

Mileena is a wildcard. Counting her out feels foolish but I'm not sure she'll be on the base roster. We'll see!

Last edited:

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I don't see kenshi making the next game at all honestly. Sonya probably isn't long for this world either.

Also I am gonna say Kotal makes the next game cause its a safe bet hahahaHAHHAHAHHA

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Reptile
Noob Saibot
Smoke
Ermac
Jade
Nightwolf
Kotal Khan
Kung Jin
Cassy Cage
Takeda
Tremor
Bo Rai Cho
Rain

Gamer68

Fujin!
  1. Kano
  2. Shang Tsung
  3. Reptile
  4. Sindel
  5. Jade
  6. Fujin
  7. Cassie Cage
  8. Jacqui Briggs
  9. Takeda
  10. Kung Jin
  11. Kotal Kahn
  12. D'Vorah
  13. Erron Black
I feel like this is a safe bet:

Every game that Sonya Blade is in either Kano or Jarek makes it in also. Since the list of 8 predetermined characters you posted includes Sonya, then Kano would pretty much have to be in.

Shang Tsung is very likely in my opinion and I could see Ermac's MKX ending being canon.

Reptile was already leaked by that one voice actor.

Sindel was fairly requested in MKX and they already made up-to-date Sindel tech by making Black Canary in INJ2 basically. Seems like a no-brainer.

Jade and Fujin because they were both highly requested, but that is a good reason for them to end up being DLC also. I'm taking a bet and saying they will make base game, though.

All MKX returnees (with the exception of Ferra/Torr) will be back because it makes no sense to throw them away. Some of the characters need work, but I think the problems they had could easily be fixed.

With that being said I feel like Bo' Rai Cho, Tanya, and Li Mei have good chances to show up so I doubt this list will end up happening. Not to mention it makes since to get a cyborg character so either Cyrax or Sektor, and other highly requested characters could make it in (not just Jade and Fujin): Noob Saibot, Smoke, Kabal, Baraka, etc.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt

If you win, you get to humble-brag. If you lose, you die. A painful death. Like Raidens lightning hitting you, while you're sitting on the toilet kind of painful.

Here are my guesses:

01. Kano
02. Takeda
03. Cassie Cage
04. Erron Black
05. Jade
06. Kenshi
07. Ermac
08. Noob Saibot
09. Rain
10. D'Vorah
11. Fujin
12. Reptile
13. Mileena
You didn't even follow your own rules...

I’ll play but won’t do it by those silly rules, it’s far from a given those characters are in. It’s also odd you don’t have any of the kombat kids nor Kotal Kahn. Anyway, my 13:

1. Kotal Kahn
2. Cassie
3. Jacqui
4. Kung Jin
5. Takeda
6. Kenshi
7. Shang Tsung
8. Reptile
9. Noob Saibot
10. Jade
11. Fujin
12. D’Vorah
13. Kung Lao

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
I’ll play but won’t do it by those silly rules, it’s far from a given those characters are in. It’s also odd you don’t have any of the kombat kids nor Kotal Kahn. Anyway, my 13:

1. Kotal Kahn
2. Cassie
3. Jacqui
4. Kung Jin
5. Takeda
6. Kenshi
7. Shang Tsung
8. Reptile
9. Noob Saibot
10. Jade
11. Fujin
12. D’Vorah
13. Kung Lao
If you aren't playing by the rules then you aren't playing lol

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Gaddarnit! I edited the OP so often, while writing it, that I lost track of whom I disabled / picked D:

- Kenshi
+ Kabal

I think it's time, guys. I think Kabal is coming back.

I'm surprised to see some people pick Kung Jin and Jacqui. I just don't see it. For Jacqui for example, I saw the critique that she had zero personality and impact. She was just there to be Cassies best friend and Takedas love interest. And that's kiiindaaa true. Yeah, she also kinda brought Jax back to the action, but a character, who is only there to enable other, more important characters isn't really a good character. Her and Kung Jin, they strike me personally as failed experiments, but we'll see.

Last edited:

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
01. Hsu Hao
02. Mokap
03. Meat
04. Hornbuckle
05. Zebron
06. Nimbus
07. Hydro
08. Kobra
09. Dairou
10. Moloch
11. Darrius
12. Jarek
13. Bipedal Motaro

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I'm surprised to see some people pick Kung Jin and Jacqui. I just don't see it. For Jacqui for example, I saw the critique that she had zero personality and impact. She was just there to be Cassies best friend and Takedas love interest. And that's kiiindaaa true. Yeah, she also kinda brought Jax back to the action, but a character, who is only there to enable other, more important characters isn't really a good character. Her and Kung Jin, they strike me personally as failed experiments, but we'll see.
I don't think they're going to junk any of those characters after just one game.

And I think Jacqui has a lot of personality, she's just got a boring design. Hopefully they'll go back to the drawing board a bit with both her and Kung Jin to make the two of them as flashy as Cassie and Takeda.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I think saying Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, Kung Lao, Kenshi, Jax are all certainties is a bit premature.

Sub Zero is always a given and Kitana / Liu Kang seem obvious given the MKX ending. The others... not so much.

I actually think Cassie is more likely than the group you mentioned given that much of the MKX story was about her.

JDM

Noob
1. Cassie
2. Takeda
3. Erron Black
4. Kotal
5. Reptile
6. Shang Tsung
7. Jade
8. Noob
9. Smoke
10. D'vorah
11. Kano
12. Fujin
13. Quan Chi

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
1. The MK teen team, that's for sure: Cassie, Jaqui, Takeda and Kung Jin
2. Jade, since her MK9 ending has relation with the new character Oracle/Khronika whatever her name; she fits in the new MK 11 lore proposal of time lines exploration
3. Noob Saibot, since he was just "banned" from existence when entering the MK9 soulnado, and not truly died, so, I think he is in
4. D'vorah, cause she is cool, and had a very important part in MKX, so, she is in MK 11
5. Reptile, I see none reason to him to be out .... he is classic and should stay
6. Mileena, cause she is fan favorite (by the way, my preferred character in MK!), and it's easy to make her return from death in MK 11 (time bending, clones sharing mind, etc)
7. Erron Black; he is bad ass, and we wanna see more of him in the new MK

Last edited: