What's new

General/Other GTTV Reveals Raven for Injustice: Gods Among Us

trufenix

bye felicia
First combo you can see the circle of light for the "meter burn" twice and she uses a stage interaction. For the second she activates her trait, you see the meter burn circle 3 different times and she wall bounces so, no, I was wrong, it's 6 BARS OF METER.
Those combos are legit, stage interaction is free, and wall bounce only costs if you cancel into it, she just used it raw after that stun.

Plays like Ermac. Should have seen that coming. Great, I'm not good with Ermac so I'm probably gonna suck playing her in my let's play videos. Oh well, at least she looks fun for people who know how to play Ermac.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Those combos are legit, stage interaction is free, and wall bounce only costs if you cancel into it, she just used it raw after that stun.
If interactions are free then it's two but I'm not sure about that.

She doesn't charge the wall bounce, from what I understand you need to charge wall bounce/stage transition for it to be no meter but I could be wrong.

It still is two and four bars of meter, which is ridiculous.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I wonder if her Red ability boosts her meter gain in addition to her gaining moves? I seriously doubt it because I think all these vids had infinite meter turned on for them but just something I thought I'd throw out for conversation's sake.

Yea I'm thinking the meter was on infinite too cause she has a combo that was insanely long, like Green Arrow Super into Stage transition long almost lol

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Yea I'm thinking the meter was on infinite too cause she has a combo that was insanely long, like Green Arrow Super into Stage transition long almost lol
Yeah if she does get any meter gain perks I seriously doubt its anything as ridiculous as what would be needed to perform a SIX BAR COMBO lol!
Anyhow I like her tools in red form. Does she get redder the more she hits you though? Is she like Frank West with leveling and needs to yell "Darkness take me" as her equivalent to the snap a picture requirement to convert combo hits into levels?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I can't stand her voice and she was the character I was looking forward too. Oh well I got used to skarlets voice.
Tara Strong is the voice of both Harley Quinn and Raven in the animated series and she is the voice of Harley in the game. I think that non-evil Raven will more than likely be voiced by her.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Tara Strong is the voice of both Harley Quinn and Raven in the animated series and she is the voice of Harley in the game. I think that non-evil Raven will more than likely be voiced by her.

I would think so... I mean Tara Strong has practically been living at the NRS/WB studios lately, so it seems...

trufenix

bye felicia
If interactions are free then it's two but I'm not sure about that.

She doesn't charge the wall bounce, from what I understand you need to charge wall bounce/stage transition for it to be no meter but I could be wrong.

It still is two and four bars of meter, which is ridiculous.
Yeah, RB interactions (z bounce kick, solitude teleport ray, tank gun) are free, but you're right there is definitely some mechanic at play to speed up the power shots. It doesn't make the meter burn noise, but she definitely does it raw and she definitely does it super fast.

Of course, it could also be clever editing, putting together that combo video I invalidated a bunch of footage where they conveniently cut before or after one of those shifts and you could tell the other guy had moved.

Swine of Omnipotence

Lord of Swines
Glad Raven is in the game and don't get me wrong because I prefer the comic Raven and not the Teen Titans Raven (though I do like her too), I just feel she seems kinda mannish. Almost dragqueen mannish. Her voice is alright. Demonic and stuff but her face... it's... eh.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I'm digging it. She's somewhat got the gameplay I was lookin' for.

Don't care about her face, would like to hear an unfiltered version of her voice (much like how Deathstroke's voice is unfilitered in his alt).

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I've said this before and I'll say it again: how often will you realistically see the face of a character close up over the course of a match to the point it becomes a problem because of how "mannish" they look?

Man Raven is in and she's badder than ever. I didn't think they would make her this good. Stop complaining about the faces people (yea some of them could admittedly be touched up), but this is a good game that is going to be tournament viable with a large scene, not a game made for pedos and sh*t that can't make it to evo or get respectable entries at tourneys since it's 2012 release (DOA5).

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I was pretty underwhelmed at first but then she went into that beast mode and started doing crazy combos and teleporting everywhere. Looks like a cool character.