What's new

GTA V Gameplay Discussion Thread

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
i hope when i steal cars, no one will shoot me cuz it's online, not the single player mode's stupid cpu lol.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
i hope when i steal cars, no one will shoot me cuz it's online, not the single player mode's stupid cpu lol.

I don't like how they call the cops now so I always have to beat them up after I steal their ride. Kind of tedious.

Also the last GTA I played was SA and I played a fuckton of Scarface: The World Is Yours and got used to its 'cop negotiation system' and got my shit taken away from me a few times before I got used to actually running away from the cops.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I don't like how they call the cops now so I always have to beat them up after I steal their ride. Kind of tedious.

Also the last GTA I played was SA and I played a fuckton of Scarface: The World Is Yours and got used to its 'cop negotiation system' and got my shit taken away from me a few times before I got used to actually running away from the cops.
Meh, the cops are extremely easy to evade in this game, I've found. I haven't hit 4 stars or more yet, though, but from what I've experienced, it's not really that hard to get away from them. The vision cone system makes it so ridiculously easy to avoid them, and cops feel very spread out and not nearly as numerous.

Getting a star is just a tiny inconvenience when it happens. That's my only disappointment so far with this game, aside from the exaggerated abundance of swearing (like, half the time it's swearing just to swear).

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Getting a star is just a tiny inconvenience when it happens. That's my only disappointment so far with this game, aside from the exaggerated abundance of swearing (like, half the time it's swearing just to swear).

'Fuck me in the ass!'

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Meh, the cops are extremely easy to evade in this game, I've found. I haven't hit 4 stars or more yet, though, but from what I've experienced, it's not really that hard to get away from them. The vision cone system makes it so ridiculously easy to avoid them, and cops feel very spread out and not nearly as numerous.

What I meant though is that in Scarface you could just end the dispute peacefully by bribing the cops. You can't do that here.

THTB

What I meant though is that in Scarface you could just end the dispute peacefully by bribing the cops. You can't do that here.
Nah, but it's not really necessary either, due to that ease of escape.

THTB

For those of you who managed to actually get into the servers, how are you enjoying the game?

Personally, I haven't had this much fun in a video game in some time. It's a shame the online is so messy.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
For those of you who managed to actually get into the servers, how are you enjoying the game?

Personally, I haven't had this much fun in a video game in some time. It's a shame the online is so messy.
It's a horrible fuckin mess, get on and get booted, it fucks up your regular single player saves. I don't wanna touch it till I hear it works. It's a god damn shame, and horrible. The couple times I have got on, I basically get shot in the back before getting to my mission or doing anything, then the game just drops and kicks me back to single player and doesn't let me back online.

FUCKIN TRASH, if NRS had made this game it would be getting blasted to hell right now, but since it's RockStar and the Single player is so good, people are giving it a chance.

I mean, in time when they get it working I'm sure it will be great, but it's a waste of time right now.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Very first robbery with a friend...he smacks me in the head with the butt of his gun and kills me "on accident". And we did scream into the mics to make them load the bags faster. "Gimme that money!" "Empty the register bitch!"

THTB

It's a horrible fuckin mess, get on and get booted, it fucks up your regular single player saves. I don't wanna touch it till I hear it works. It's a god damn shame, and horrible. The couple times I have got on, I basically get shot in the back before getting to my mission or doing anything, then the game just drops and kicks me back to single player and doesn't let me back online.

FUCKIN TRASH, if NRS had made this game it would be getting blasted to hell right now, but since it's RockStar and the Single player is so good, people are giving it a chance.

I mean, in time when they get it working I'm sure it will be great, but it's a waste of time right now.
Yeah, that's a weird problem with the game...that I'm really happy I haven't ran into. :confused:

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
The online play has potential, but its just too buggy atm. I can't get into missions or get people joined in and sometimes they lag out or make me lose instantly. All I can do is the free roam. Hopefully by next week they sort it out. I haven't had any problems with my single player save thankfully.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
thats de biggest thing annoying me actually the only thing, i go to start a mission and without me even pressin a button .... MISSION FAILED :(
other than that im having a blast , i have not had as hard a time as some people im at level 9 just from free roaming and bullying people

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
GTAV online is full of glitches atm, not worth the time until they fixed all those
I created 2 characters and both got deleted / not saved -.-
make sure u read the alerts properly , your characters might still be there u just have no access to the cloud servers , i was freaking out yesterday cause i thought i lost mine too but he just magically reappeared

THTB

GTAV online is full of glitches atm, not worth the time until they fixed all those
I created 2 characters and both got deleted / not saved -.-
The same thing happened to me. Like, it seems like it's bumpy at first, until you get far enough. If you do get far enough.

make sure u read the alerts properly , your characters might still be there u just have no access to the cloud servers , i was freaking out yesterday cause i thought i lost mine too but he just magically reappeared
I think some of the problems also stem from how many people are trying to get online. Like, you have roughly somewhere in the ballpark of 15mil+ people trying to get on at once, on launch servers...which probably aren't fully stable and not ready for this kind of flood of people.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
The same thing happened to me. Like, it seems like it's bumpy at first, until you get far enough. If you do get far enough.

I think some of the problems also stem from how many people are trying to get online. Like, you have roughly somewhere in the ballpark of 15mil+ people trying to get on at once, on launch servers...which probably aren't fully stable and not ready for this kind of flood of people.
but not even being able to get into the first race is pretty fuckin bullshit, you're not even connected to anyone else at that point. I dunno, I think they should have done a beta first and waited a month or 2 to make sure they had the servers to handle it.

I think eventually it will be good, but it almost seems like a test for something bigger on a next gen system.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Seems to be working good this morning. I can get right into missions and races and everthing and they're all populated. Its pretty damn fun.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I don't really mind the online being buggy because there is SOOOOOO much shit I still have to do in the single player after I beat the game.

I hope they put in online heists soon. Definitely the best part of the game.

THTB

Seems to be working good this morning. I can get right into missions and races and everthing and they're all populated. Its pretty damn fun.
Yeah, it seems like it's working well today...probably was just flooded and they were still working on getting everything up and running.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I don't really mind the online being buggy because there is SOOOOOO much shit I still have to do in the single player after I beat the game.

I hope they put in online heists soon. Definitely the best part of the game.
IT will be added on later for free, along with a few other things.

They clearly had some bugs with the online launch, so they did a barebones one. This will also probably weed out the millions of people who just hop on once and don't do it ever again.

I've never played gta online, so i'm waiting until I get a better idea of what to expect.

giving it time til i get into it fully.

tried on the 1st and halfway through the intro infomatic, i get "you've been booted by the leader of the lobby" wtf.
2nd time i make it past the intro and make it to the race start and get "you've been disconnected from the servers" fffuuuu.
managed to finish the race on the 3rd try and to my surprise there was nobody else in the session lol, just me racing lamar xD.

i quit afterwards b/c it was just too unstable for my tolerance.