What's new

GTA V Gameplay Discussion Thread

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I figured it could use its own thread since it has popped up in a bunch of other ones.

As someone who has never touched a GTA before, this game is one of the better releases this year. It is fantastic in every way possible.

I myself have only gotten 10% of the way through, but even then there is still so much shit that happens its crazy.

I just like to hear about other people's experiences playing the game, as it can differ so much.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I have played most of them, but started with GTA3. I played it at my friends house and fell in love. Mostly because I was laughing so hard I started to tear. As far as GTA5 is concerned? Godlike.

I haven't made it too far due to work. Basically 2 missions after you get Frank as a free roam character and I can't put it down. The one thing I noticed was the customization of everything. In Saints Row 3 you could customize your car and yourself better, than GTA4. With this new release of GTA5 and not playing SR4, I can already tell that this game supersedes all sandbox games to date.

Lastly, with a $265 million cost of making this game («--correct me if I'm wrong) its had certainly outdone itself. Almost make me want to drop all games until MK10 is released. Still open for discussion tho due to online not being dropped yet.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
The world they built is nothing short of amazing, no other open world game touches it. The detail in every little aspect of the game is astounding.

Actual gameplay though, an improvement over GTA4, but still kinda janky.

Zoidberg747

I'm 4 missions away from completing story mode. The heists are by far the highlight of the game. Best one has to be the one with the suit of armor and the mini gun. Can't wait for online.
NRF crew fo life son

Edit: How long did it take you to get that far?

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I just unlocked Trevor last night. Had the game since Tuesday but only played an hour due to an overflow of work in the ICU and scumbags taking vacation and needing to fill in.

Game is amazing. I wish Lamar was in Franklins role because he is one of the funniest characters I've seen in a GTA game.

Trevor is definitely my favorite even from seeing the trailers and whatnot.

Only did the first heist so far but really love the way you can approach them.

Stock market is awesome.

This game is the reason why my 360 will be alongside my PS4 until the next GTA comes out. Unless they port it to the next gen.

Online is going to be a blast. One of my favorite things to do was to just free roam with friends and cause havoc. Plus the online modes were pretty damn fun.

I can only imagine the DLC possibilities with this game. Take my money.

Most memorable moment so far was I was speeding like a prick and rear ended a Viper. Knocked the wheel off of the Viper and as I drove past slowly all I can see was a dead carcass slumped over the steering wheel and people screaming. I should have gotten out and snapped a pic with it in the background. I'm a sicko.

If people complain about laying down $60 for this game or any GTA for that matter; they need to have their fucking head examined. This is worth far more than $60 in my opinion. It's a bargain for the hours you can put into this game.

I broke my back... It's spinal.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
It's one of the more solid open world games out there for sure. I've barely scratched the surface of its contents. I try to not overwhelm myself with things and just take things slowly.

I'm pretty excited about what they would do with online.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
So I've made ~$400,000 off the stock market tips Lester gave me. I don't know what the fuck to do with the stock market outside of Lester's insider info.

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
i saw 2 Cops hanging by their car looking at something... went behind them did absolutely nothing, BUSTED! Dafuq!! Corrupted cops -.- then i went on a rampage on the police station.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
So I've made ~$400,000 off the stock market tips Lester gave me. I don't know what the fuck to do with the stock market outside of Lester's insider info.

How are you making that much? I invested in the cigarette company but the bawsaq stock is expensive as fuck and the price changes are all at 100%. I don't know what to do ;_;

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
i saw 2 Cops hanging by their car looking at something... went behind them did absolutely nothing, BUSTED! Dafuq!! Corrupted cops -.- then i went on a rampage on the police station.

If you press right on the D-pad your characters will Eg the cops on until they get pissed and and bust your ass. It's funny. Trevor is like "you've reached your limit in life" and the shotgun wielding cop didn't like it very much. Also side note: Escaping the police on foot is extremely fun when you get into the back alleys/jumping over rooftops. lol

Zoidberg747

Why the hell would you invest in the stock market when you can make millions of dollars from heists lol?

I didnt even touch that part yet, mainly trying to set up the first heist.