What's new

Match-up Discussion Grundy vs. Bane

Big Frog

Noob
This doesn't really have to do with the MU between them, but I really, really, really hope they're somewhat like Gief in Injustice. I am just so worried one, if not both, of them will be uber-low tier like Sheeva. Really hoping they have their ways to get around zoning and fast chars...

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
From what I've seen of Grundy so far he looks really slow. He even dashes at the speed of a turtle. He'll easily be low tier if he doesn't have enough tools to get around projectiles and faster characters. His combos look sick though.

As for Grundy vs. Bane? In the comic I'm gonna have to go with Grundy. He can be killed, but he'll just keep on coming back, either as a careless dimwit or a intelligent force. In game? I have no clue.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
Grundy: Death, Fire? you mean my bed and covers

well apart from the fact that he is dead now thanks to Bizzaro, the whole fly him into the sun thing

Reedoms

Noob
shazam, black adam, darkseid, solomon grundy (even in the silver age he beats superman in strenght).
No one beats Superman in strength in the Silver Age. The man could wipe out galaxies by sneezing. Maybe Post-Crisis Grundy was on the same level of strength but never in the Silver Age.

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
This doesn't really have to do with the MU between them, but I really, really, really hope they're somewhat like Gief in Injustice. I am just so worried one, if not both, of them will be uber-low tier like Sheeva. Really hoping they have their ways to get around zoning and fast chars...
Grundy dose have a projectile of sorts the Grave Stomp where the hands come out of the ground and knock down foes. So I don't think he can be completely zoned out.

Big Frog

Noob
Grundy dose have a projectile of sorts the Grave Stomp where the hands come out of the ground and knock down foes. So I don't think he can be completely zoned out.
Yeah, that's good. But again I can't help but to think about Sheeva and her stomp. I'm hoping for the best though because if Swamp Thing is nowhere to be found, Bane and Grundy are my go-to guys for sure.

Both of them are massive and bulky, so it will be interesting to see how they're different from each other.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
They really need to buff his speed, from what I see, they showed us all of his moves and he doesn't have anything to make him more mobile.

He doesn't even have a fast attack or jab to compete with characters like the Flash or Nightwing in duel sticks mode.

I couldn't tell, but does he have unblockable grabs?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Does he really think there aren't people strong than Supes?

If I recall correctly even Zod is stronger than Supes physically, being a warrior trained over years instead of a farm boy who just punches at things. So is Non, who is literally a huge ass muscly kryptonian.

That said, Supes still beat them.

Black Adam is also physically stronger, though I don't think by very much

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Doomsday is a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone.... The whole reason why he has a hatred of life, is because he spent most of his earlier years dieing repeated deaths at the hands of experiments and being cloned, regenerated, and revived. He always regenerates and therefore the only way to 'kill' him is to pretty much exile him.

Solomon Grundy against Bane? Hmm. Interesting. I would lean towards Solomon Grundy because I imagine he'd be much stronger than Bane. Bane LOOKS bigger, but Solomon is just ridiculously strong.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Doomsday is a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone.... The whole reason why he has a hatred of life, is because he spent most of his earlier years dieing repeated deaths at the hands of experiments and being cloned, regenerated, and revived. He always regenerates and therefore the only way to 'kill' him is to pretty much exile him.

Solomon Grundy against Bane? Hmm. Interesting. I would lean towards Solomon Grundy because I imagine he'd be much stronger than Bane. Bane LOOKS bigger, but Solomon is just ridiculously strong.
I don't remember Bertron actually cloning Doomsday. Yes, he was throwing the infant outside the lab so monsters killed it, then he picked up the remains and restored him, and did the process all over again until Doomsday adapted to a point he wiped out the whole Krypton of its monsters and then the Bertron himself. What I meant was that there were some weak ass clones of him, who were nowhere near as strong as the original.

I vote for Grundy. He managed to goe toe-to-toe with Bizarro.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
He was an embryo experiment and not the "first." He was created through the cloning of an infant and having him killed over and over again by the most dangerous beings in the universe and a harsh environment. As such, the infant evolves and returns to life. That's more or less what I mean (Can be explained in detail in Hunter/Prey, which I assume you've read).

I see what you meant now by the weaker clones. I just thought it would be funny to point put that Doomsday himself is a clone.

Also, his only weakness really is entropy. I think he should be S Tier in Injustice personally. A relentless, huge rushdown machine.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
He was an embryo experiment and not the "first." He was crested through the cloning of an infant and having him killed over and over again by the most dangerous beings in the universe and a harsh environment. As such, the infant evolves and returns to life. That's more or less what I mean (Can be explained in detail in Hunter/Prey, which I assume you've read).

I see what you meant now by the weaker clones. I just thought it would be funny to point put that Doomsday himself is a clone.

Also, his only weakness really is entropy. I think he should be S Tier in Injustice personally. A relentless, huge rushdown machine.
Yes, I've read Hunter & Prey series, they are awesome. Dumping Doomsday to the end of everything was the only solution.

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
OK, now that we've seen Bane in action, what dose everyone think the match-up will be like? I see a few things yes Bane is a bit faster, but Grundy obviously has a reach advantage. Bane seems to have only 1 or 2 chain throws nowhere near what Grundy has. Bane seems to be more of a striker and oddly enough he has no ranged weapons or attacks.