What's new

Match-up Discussion Grundy vs. Bane

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
Any speculation on this match-up?

I personally think Bane might have the advantage with a gun or some sort of fast ranged attack, but what do you all think?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this will be by far one of the most important things to notice when it comes to this game. Not because of the characters themselves, but how NRS will be dealing with having grapple characters. NRS and it's previous incarnations have never had a good grapple character, which is amazing considering how many fighting games they've made over the years.

I'm hoping to see this change with these two(and with Doomsday if he ends up having some grapple commands) and hopefully neither is made obsolete because of the other.

I made a comparison to KOF13 and how SNK Playmore does it in their games. KOF13 has three grapplers but they play so differently from each other that you cant go into the game with the same strategy for all three. I hope this is the case in Injustice, but obviously we will have t wait and see how things turn out.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Any speculation on this match-up?

I personally think Bane might have the advantage with a gun or some sort of fast ranged attack, but what do you all think?
Bane: "NO PROJECTILE IN SIGHT"

Besides that it is way too earloy to start discussing matchups lol.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
you talking from comic perspective then grundy he is a fucking immortal zombie

Injustice GA:US meh dunno only seen grundy gameplay and not really high level play either so no one can answer the question you have posed

This message is brought to you by The Hateocracy

From a comic perpective I have to go with Bane. Grundy may be immortal, but he can be defeated/killed (even though he comes back stronger). He isn't smart enough to exploit Bane's biggest weakness, and that's to cut off his Vemon supply. On top of that Bane is a genius!

In game, we don't know enought about either character.

From a comic perpective I have to go with Bane. Grundy may be immortal, but he can be defeated/killed (even though he comes back stronger). He isn't smart enough to exploit Bane's biggest weakness, and that's to cut off his Vemon supply. On top of that Bane is a genius!

Solomon Grundy beats red and blue man! Solomon Grundy will rip masked man apart!
Yes well, he's an immortal zombie that easily catches on fire. And that kills him rather easily.
Grundy no hurt by fire! fire be hurt by grundy! *thunderclap*

Bane, he looks alot bigger and has more training on his side. Plus bane is smarter. However grundy doesn't seem have any clear weakness (beside ripping out his heart) and Bane has one massive weakness which he becomes nothing without his venom...though i doubt bane would be stupid and allow the tubes to be easily pulled out or cut.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r

You do realize grundy comes back with some variation of intellect either a relentless, mindless brute, or a a very smart, well thought out damaging machine.

most versions of grundy are a lot stronger than bane in venom. as for in game, i think grundy would win, maybe bane gets the edge in mobility

also, fire is not an issue for him
Solomon Grundy has superhuman strength and stamina. His strength has varied greatly through the years; for instance, in the Long Halloween story arc, Batman beat Grundy, while at various points his strength is on par with Superman's. He is virtually indestructible and immortal thanks to the elemental energy that imbues his form with pseudo-life. He is nearly invulnerable to physical, magical, and energy attacks and he is not affected by fire or cold.

Reedoms

Noob
Solomon Grundy has superhuman strength and stamina. His strength has varied greatly through the years; for instance, in the Long Halloween story arc, Batman beat Grundy, while at various points his strength is on par with Superman's. He is virtually indestructible and immortal thanks to the elemental energy that imbues his form with pseudo-life. He is nearly invulnerable to physical, magical, and energy attacks and he is not affected by fire or cold.
But that's straight up incorrect. The way Alan Scott used to beat him was to stick him in a sphere of pure flame and burn him to "death," then throw him back in the swamp.

true. I do intend to give Grundy some serious play time though. His combos are just to awesome to pass up on. I get so hype rewatching any chain throw combos that I find on youtube.
Yeah I really like grapple characters! It's a shame MK doesnt have a true grapple character.

for example at 2:17, 3:00, and 3:40, you cant tell me that isnt some of the sickest looking combos youve ever seen. EVER SEEN.
King from Tekken was always one of my favorites after I figured out he had chain throws lol. Chain throws are great, and these probably won't be techable lol

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
King from Tekken was always one of my favorites after I figured out he had chain throws lol. Chain throws are great, and these probably won't be techable lol
Yea I hope they aren't teachable, cuz otherwise grapple characters would be almost pointless.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
LBSH, nobody is stronger or as strong as supes. NOBODY -.-