What's new

General/Other Grundy is my main because...

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
he's who im having the most fun playing from who i tried.
frametraps,overhead/low mixup,all his specials and his trait all very fun to use

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
I tend to pick the grappler in every game I play.

Whether it be Kanji in Persona, Ice Climbers in Smash, or Grundy in IGUA

FigJ

Noob
He's my main because he's fun to play as and in a lot of fighting games I tend to pick the slow yet strong characters. What can I say, I like going retard strong on people.

Dog With A Beer

Bane (noun): a source of harm, ruin or death.
I used to main Bane but Grundy just seems to work for me. I think it just that walking corpse just seems to be more consistent that Bane's charge since the walking corpse has armour which Bane's charge doesn't (I think except with Venom) That and Grundy doesn't get weakened by his trait.
This. Bailed on Bane for the same reasons and went running to Grundy. That and he reminds me a little bit of King from Tekken. A little slow but man when they get hands on you... Nothing is cooler than rag dolling someone around the stage for half their health.

This. Bailed on Bane for the same reasons and went running to Grundy. That and he reminds me a little bit of King from Tekken. A little slow but man when they get hands on you... Nothing is cooler than rag dolling someone around the stage for half their health.
Dude I play King too. I have done since three. :D

But on topic Grundy just works while Bane feels like twice the effort for barely the same result.

I am playing Sinestro and I've just started using Grundy. He is so Much Fun to use. Think I'll stick with these two, that of course if I don't get my Martian!!!! And I played Shang in MK9 and the idea of getting buffs for landing damaging moves appeals to me very much. And I also love the character. He is actually original, not that reap off The Hulk is.

Loasted

Noob
For me I have always liked playing patient in fighting games. Rush down characters just don't suit my style and neither does zoning. Grundy seemed to fit what I was looking for and he just feels right. Honestly though the real reason is i'm getting old, easy execution is a must for me nowadays ; )

Dude I play King too. I have done since three. :D

But on topic Grundy just works while Bane feels like twice the effort for barely the same result.

Interesting. I played king as well since tekken 3. Though I don't play tekken anymore. My name was actually given to me by Alex Valle because I was the best King player in the country. Hell some king tech still used today originated with me.

for me its because he sucks and Im destined to main low tiers in fighting games.

Meh I don't think he's low tier. When the dust settles depending on nerfs/buffs that are handed out I think he's at least a mid tier possibly upper mid. The more I play his bad matchups the better I view them. Currently black adam is the only one still blowing me up for free. hawkgirl match I'm realizing is partially stage dependent. Get the right stage and you have a significantly improved chance of winning.

On topic its hard to say. I'd like to say its because I loved the old justice league cartoon with grundy and the legion of doom. But everybody knows I don't play people because I liked them outside the game. I did resolve to at least try him though. I'd like to say its because I like to use grapplers but I really don't I didn't even play king like a grappler. I'm generally a poke heavy pressure player or a hardcore zone turtle player. Honestly black adam, killer frost, sinestro, deathstroke, and lantern are more my style but don't play any of them except lantern.

It could be because he kind of looks like darkseid and I was voted one of the best and was the originator of most darkseid tech on mk 8.

Or it might be that when I saw the game I thought it looked really stiff and hated the look but then when I saw the pain chain it looked way more fluid than the rest of the game and characters so I went for that. Could be that my girlfriend likes the nursery rhyme he says though not enough for her to play grundy she sticks with killer frost and catwoman.

Maybe its because deep down I want to be like mike. At this point I'm too tall and too good looking to be like him in that area so the next best thing is to use grundy like him.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Interesting. I played king as well since tekken 3. Though I don't play tekken anymore. My name was actually given to me by Alex Valle because I was the best King player in the country. Hell some king tech still used today originated with me.

Meh I don't think he's low tier. When the dust settles depending on nerfs/buffs that are handed out I think he's at least a mid tier possibly upper mid. The more I play his bad matchups the better I view them. Currently black adam is the only one still blowing me up for free. hawkgirl match I'm realizing is partially stage dependent. Get the right stage and you have a significantly improved chance of winning.

On topic its hard to say. I'd like to say its because I loved the old justice league cartoon with grundy and the legion of doom. But everybody knows I don't play people because I liked them outside the game. I did resolve to at least try him though. I'd like to say its because I like to use grapplers but I really don't I didn't even play king like a grappler. I'm generally a poke heavy pressure player or a hardcore zone turtle player. Honestly black adam, killer frost, sinestro, deathstroke, and lantern are more my style but don't play any of them except lantern.

It could be because he kind of looks like darkseid and I was voted one of the best and was the originator of most darkseid tech on mk 8.

Or it might be that when I saw the game I thought it looked really stiff and hated the look but then when I saw the pain chain it looked way more fluid than the rest of the game and characters so I went for that. Could be that my girlfriend likes the nursery rhyme he says though not enough for her to play grundy she sticks with killer frost and catwoman.

Maybe its because deep down I want to be like mike. At this point I'm too tall and too good looking to be like him in that area so the next best thing is to use grundy like him.
Lol man I miss you in ATL bro.

I still like to use him and I have relativly high success with him online....but when I play those zoners you mentioned I eel like I'm working soooooo hard. When I finally get in and get them cornered, I get fucked by clash. I'll always play him though, I'll just take it with a grain of salt.

I am playing Sinestro and I've just started using Grundy. He is so Much Fun to use. Think I'll stick with these two, that of course if I don't get my Martian!!!! And I played Shang in MK9 and the idea of getting buffs for landing damaging moves appeals to me very much. And I also love the character. He is actually original, not that reap off The Hulk is.
I forgot to mention that he's got that Red Son skin representing Russia:)