What's new

Grundy changes??

Scorp-Zero

Salty Shazam
I was wondering what other Grundy players think... he is one of my mains and was interested in any of your suggestions. The only 1 I would like is so that to points can separated in his pain chain e.g 1 in attack, 1 in chip dmg...

Suggestions

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
But real talk I would like to see these changes.
- if the move has some part of any one foot touching the ground, grundy should be able to grab them, no whiffed grabbing nonsense
- they also need to rethink how hover characters will go into the above suggestion, since they're some of the biggest culprits
- trait should not be able to be parried

I like your idea but I feel that it will never happen. I think its one of those things where you would have to change the game system, not just do a patch/hotfix. But I have no idea.

make everything 2 frames faster
Actually, make it so when he cancels WC he still has the armor for the number of frames that it would have lasted.

honestly after playing the crap out of grundy. i think i can give out some good feed back to make him better if my suggestions are taken seriously. his character flaw is very exploitable imo.

here are some things that i can say will make fair/solid and better in general without overpowering him;

-trait grabx1 as a starter (not combo'ed into trait) should not be clashable, however it should be clashable if grundy does trait grabx2.
reason for this suggestion is there is so many throw immune strings, specials, zoners etc that getting a trait grab against a good player doesnt happen that often in a match. this change would be great especially against hard zoners the reason why this is good, players would use defense chainx1 more often in midscreen to keep the opponent near grundy vs having them away from you which you DONT want to do since grundy exceeds better up close. i think this is fair, right now pain chain trait itself doesnt get clash and does 9%, but with one more followup would help grundy a whole lot more without the fear of a clash which powerx1 18%/healthx1 16%/defense chainx1 14%

-grundy's standing 3 isnt that great(perhaps one of his worst normal moves). it doesnt lead to much by itself and i dont understand why its -2 on block. this move should be buffed to +2~3 on block so that he can keep some pressure against opponents. as we all know his starting bnb is 12 frame startup, so this change can be a great help to his gamestyle/pressure. on hit i recommend having the opponent lift into the air a tad bit higher making d2 easier to hit in the corner. sure 3,2 launches the opponent already but if you commit to it you will be at -1 on block. at least with hit confirming with just 3 will make things alot better for more experienced players

-grundys 3,3 is also not that good.i recommend making the second part come out 1 frame faster, right now its punishable by 8 frame moves. you could also back dash it, super or armor it. so making it a frame faster isnt asking too much. also on block the push back is too much. by reducing the pushback a tad bit from a block 3,3 it would help grundys mid game so other moves can actually reach them so you can followup with more stuff.. whats the point of having +12 block advantage if you cant even hit them midscreen? lol

-a missed command throw with grundy hurts alot compare to other grapples/command throwers. so what happens is people try to exploit this by just jumping immediately after doing anything, i say reducing the recovery frames by 5~7 (currently at 30)frames less will help if opponent doesnt react to a full combo properly. as we all know it takes a good read too know when to grab. and even then throw immune strings are a annoyance to grundy players which opponents are gonna exploit so they cant get thrown which is bs imo.

thats a few suggestions i got. feel free to throw some feedback why you think some things seem to strong or not worth changing. overall his gameplay will still stay the same. zoners still gonna try keeping him out and what not. :D

Scorp-Zero

Salty Shazam
-a missed command throw with grundy hurts alot compare to other grapples/command throwers. so what happens is people try to exploit this by just jumping immediately after doing anything, i say reducing the recovery frames by 5~7 (currently at 30)frames less will help if opponent doesnt react to a full combo properly. as we all know it takes a good read too know when to grab. and even then throw immune strings are a annoyance to grundy players which opponents are gonna exploit so they cant get thrown which is bs imo.

That is part of Grundy's mix-up, when they have a tendency to jump, AA grab that bitch. Everything else you said is right, his 3 is shit and should be made like a F+3 in that it could be made OH or at least + on block

ya. i got some other ideas too that seem reasonable too. i'll post later on regarding said ideas. i really wish more grundy players supported the idea of these changes :( only you have replied so far..

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
ya. i got some other ideas too that seem reasonable too. i'll post later on regarding said ideas. i really wish more grundy players supported the idea of these changes :( only you have replied so far..
I usually dont like to talk about buff/nerf suggestions. Mostly because I feel it's too early in the game, and I am mostly a casual player and so I don't really know about these type of things very well. Nor am I confident in what I have to say about the matter, is actually necessary or whatever.

Now I'm not saying that people shouldn't talk about this or anything. It's just what I have to say doesn't really have good evidence behind it.

So pretty much the things that are down right (broken) or are inconsistent/don't make sense, are the things that should be looked at right now and possibly get tweaked. IMO

Throw immune frames are a bit more prominent than I'd like because they're almost random. Nightwing has several moves that make him throw immune at really odd points in them.

Beyond that I would like to see WCC motion stay the same even if you cross under. Its frustrating to do a WCC only to have them avoid it and the input gets crossed up. Tried to do reverse inputs as well as forward to option select but it doesn't work.

The anti air grab really should have a f/b option to allow you to throw the opponent left or right. Its frustrating to be in the corner at the end of round 1 only to have them do a jump. d2 won't hit them consistently so you're left with df1 or let them pressure you for free

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Throw immune frames are a bit more prominent than I'd like because they're almost random. Nightwing has several moves that make him throw immune at really odd points in them.

Beyond that I would like to see WCC motion stay the same even if you cross under. Its frustrating to do a WCC only to have them avoid it and the input gets crossed up. Tried to do reverse inputs as well as forward to option select but it doesn't work.

The anti air grab really should have a f/b option to allow you to throw the opponent left or right. Its frustrating to be in the corner at the end of round 1 only to have them do a jump. d2 won't hit them consistently so you're left with df1 or let them pressure you for free

if they changed WCC to be the same input no matter what i'd be so happy.
I'm so so tired of people NJ and me not knowing which side they're on.... and then my WCC doesnt' come out and they get a full combo when I made the right read.... yet the game switched the inputs :(

basically i'm tired of hitting both inputs half the time to get the cancel.