What's new

Green Lantern.

dagga

Noob
Alright, so maybe I'm dumb, but I have a really hard time vs Green Lantern, online.

Can you guys break down how you approach the matchup, It's supposed to be one of his worst, and to me that means I'm overlooking something major.

KHAOTIC_xWULFx

Cyborg's Savior
Watch out for his b1
watch for his F3
if your good enough after b1,3 try n backdash the 3 and punish him
if he uses b1,3 close rocket dash forward and punish
watch for wake up lift
be patient
and finally if u are fighting a wake up lift happy GL just MB f3 or b3 or just bait it out and punish

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Zoning works to an extent. Ring toss to trance is not a dash trap, so after either move, GL is free to dash (most GLs don't know this, though). It pretty much just serves as a general meter building option until he gets close enough. If the GL doesn't know this, though, fire away.

Also, don't be hesitant to teleport away on wakeup, as you don't want to get caught in his oki game.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Zoning works to an extent. Ring toss to trance is not a dash trap, so after either move, GL is free to dash (most GLs don't know this, though). It pretty much just serves as a general meter building option until he gets close enough. If the GL doesn't know this, though, fire away.

Also, don't be hesitant to teleport away on wakeup, as you don't want to get caught in his oki game.
Mb ring toss to trance is however a frame trap, so be wary of that.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
The only hope GL has in this matchup is for a few trades vs her zoning with MB Rocket. It's pretty tough if the Zatanna player can space her teleports and time her rings well.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Block low a lot if you notice they like to b13.

If they suck and like to do raw grab, block high a lot and punish. GL doesn't have a whole lot of low starter strings. His rockets and mini gun can be blocked low or high.

Watch out for grab, you can get AA'd pretty easy if they read.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
To start the match I usually just jump away because high level GL players typically don't start with lift, but be weary and mix it up with block low then high for the b1 string. Once Z has the space try to keep it. It's a game of reads and hella zoning all day long. I actually have some troubles with this matchup also just cause GL often throws mb boogers inbetween my zoning and thats never a good trade for Zatanna. MB teleport is helpful, trait is a huge way to build meter. Teleport away on knock down and avoid any of GL's set ups.

Also, apparently f3 beats GL's b1 started in the beginning of the match. I haven't tested this but just head it.

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
Also, apparently f3 beats GL's b1 started in the beginning of the match. I haven't tested this but just head it.
I read this but have never had it work when I've tried it online. If I suspect b1 I instant air kicks but it will only work once as the next round opening they'll likely lift to counter. You're probably better off blocking low and reacting to jump ins though as if he gets things started early it can be hard to make a comeback in this MU

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
To start the match I usually just jump away because high level GL players typically don't start with lift, but be weary and mix it up with block low then high for the b1 string. Once Z has the space try to keep it. It's a game of reads and hella zoning all day long. I actually have some troubles with this matchup also just cause GL often throws mb boogers inbetween my zoning and thats never a good trade for Zatanna. MB teleport is helpful, trait is a huge way to build meter. Teleport away on knock down and avoid any of GL's set ups.

What would you say the matchup is?

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
6-4. GL has to work to win, but he can make this matchup annoying for Zatanna. Although we have to guess to counter GL's moves, as in when to put in puppet master or up ring to knock you out of a jump or booger or turbine charge thing. Up close GL definitely breathes trouble for Zatanna just cause our normals aren't that great, but to our credit teleport away or beyond is an easy out of Gl's guessing game on knock down.
What would you say the matchup is?