What's new

Video/Tutorial Green Lantern Video Thread.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Very nice OFIDYAN, you're GL seems to be the most solid I've seen so far, hopefully you get to go to more majors soon and show the world what the green corps can do :p BTW want to do the mirror match on xbl sometime? I could learn some stuff from you.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Yo OFIDYAN, your GL just made my day. Add me on XBL so we can play some time, and don't you live in orlando fl?

Yeah I'm not sure If my Xbox Live account is still active guys! I did the 1 month thing to get the rest of the DLC, and yeah I live in the Orlando, FL area at the moment, but I'm moving back to Texas in like a week. The internet out here sucks so I never really played online. Brighthouse Networks sucks, but in Texas I'll have Verizon Fios, so I'll be set! Just PM me some of your PSN and XBL tags and I'll be sure to add you! My XBL is just: OFIDYAN

Also Kyle Rayner was that you I saw on stream at the Fighter's Spirit tournament? If so, you're welcome to come chill sometime and get some matches in with me! I'd like to play that Superman player that won as well if you know him!

Endeavor

Yeah I'm not sure If my Xbox Live account is still active guys! I did the 1 month thing to get the rest of the DLC, and yeah I live in the Orlando, FL area at the moment, but I'm moving back to Texas in like a week. The internet out here sucks so I never really played online. Brighthouse Networks sucks, but in Texas I'll have Verizon Fios, so I'll be set! Just PM me some of your PSN and XBL tags and I'll be sure to add you! My XBL is just: OFIDYAN

Also Kyle Rayner was that you I saw on stream at the Fighter's Spirit tournament? If so, you're welcome to come chill sometime and get some matches in with me! I'd like to play that Superman player that won as well if you know him!
That was indeed me, can you link me to the vids on the fighter spirit stream, casue I can't find them anywhere. Also I live in palm beach so unfortunately I don't live that close other wise I would. And it sucks that you moving back to texas already, did you go to CEO?

Na man I can't find those vids anywhere! I wasn't watching it on my own computer, but I saw the archive stream! I just watched it straight through. Your GL is legit!

I did not make it to CEO, I was still held up back in Texas because I go back and fourth. I did beat up My God 88's Superman that weekend though. Texas Bar Fights 12 ;)

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/29667-***UCC***-Texas-Bar-Fights-Round-XII-(Fort-Worth-TX)-June-29-2013?s=4613360184d3b82f428c07ba5c0d3094&p=651682&viewfull=1#post651682

I should've entered MK as well because my Reptile can whoop up on him! I hope he sees this! 3rd place at Evo ayyyyyyy :) okaayyyy

Endeavor

Na man I can't find those vids anywhere! I wasn't watching it on my own computer, but I saw the archive stream! I just watched it straight through. Your GL is legit!

I did not make it to CEO, I was still held up back in Texas because I go back and fourth. I did beat up My God 88's Superman that weekend though. Texas Bar Fights 12 ;)

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/29667-***UCC***-Texas-Bar-Fights-Round-XII-(Fort-Worth-TX)-June-29-2013?s=4613360184d3b82f428c07ba5c0d3094&p=651682&viewfull=1#post651682

I should've entered MK as well because my Reptile can whoop up on him! I hope he sees this! 3rd place at Evo ayyyyyyy :) okaayyyy
Dude, don't move back to texas....FL needs you!!!!!

Its after patch but I could still otg fine in training mode of practice with standing 2 and j3 on Xbox training mode. Any reason why?

Endeavor

Shhhh everyone, we need to let the community think its gone, stop posting about it!!!!!!;)

Endeavor

Hahaha I would man, but the job is in Texas!
Yo add me o XBL, or ps3 My psn is KyieRayner, and my XBL is Kyle Raynere, just as they are spelled. I'm still working on the way you do the j3 reset. the small step into the cross over non cross over is so hard.

Endeavor

Thanks, good to know, I was always good with that window so I was surprised it worked. So g.l completely untouched is nice. Seems like my mb lift may be a little off for timing but everything else is fine. Mb b3 leading to 40% pretty much
Are you able to do it online consistently? ( don't say otg, as that word is taboo, now we are just going substitute "THAT" in all caps when we talk about "IT") after all we don't want NRS to hot fix it.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Any Tips?
I watched the whole video and I can tell you in a single sentence where you're going wrong.

As I like to say, you're just doin' shit.

In other words, it's all in the "why". You don't have a cohesive plan on how to approach the game. You know Lanterns combos and tricks and that he can shoot projectiles from far away but I don't see you understanding why you're doing a specific thing at a specific time in a specific place.

This was especially evident against Bane, a character who will FUCK you if not given the proper respect.

My advice would be to really think about WHY you're doing something and examine the decision you're about to make before you do anything.

Mr FiF

Youtube.com/IIMR5
I watched the whole video and I can tell you in a single sentence where you're going wrong.

As I like to say, you're just doin' shit.

In other words, it's all in the "why". You don't have a cohesive plan on how to approach the game. You know Lanterns combos and tricks and that he can shoot projectiles from far away but I don't see you understanding why you're doing a specific thing at a specific time in a specific place.

This was especially evident against Bane, a character who will FUCK you if not given the proper respect.

My advice would be to really think about WHY you're doing something and examine the decision you're about to make before you do anything.
Thanx for the feedback it was definatly needed. the bane match up i dont really know how i should play so i will be working on decision making and the WHY

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Thanx for the feedback it was definatly needed. the bane match up i dont really know how i should play so i will be working on decision making and the WHY
Bane needs to be kept away with chaingun while he has venom because it will break all 3 levels of armor and you can MB it on reaction if he gets caught doing anything other than blocking. When he is on venom cool down you can either try to open him up if you're close to him and get big damage, or if he's too far away make him block air rockets to build meter.

If (when) he breaks through and gets close to you with venom on you quite literally can't do anything except block and try to get away or wait til the venom runs out. If you press any buttons nothing that GL has hits fast enough to break his armor (all his specials get multiple hits of armor with venom levels)

Never do wake up attacks vs. him either.

Bane is similar to doomsday in that they are designed to put on crazy armor, charge in and go ham and they have to be respected because of that armor

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I've been using GL again recently. I used him in Winners Finals at the last EGP tournament:

and I used him in losers finals at the last WNF:

I LOVE the GL vs Batman matchup.

Mr FiF

Youtube.com/IIMR5
Havent Posted here in a while. Im gonna need as much criticism as possible in order to get ready for EVO. Any Pointer on my GL?