What's new

Video/Tutorial Green Lantern Video Thread.

Squizz

Corps Speedster
First off, I wanna say thank you. Ive been waiting for some to collect some tech for the Corp and put it together in a study-able video since release. You my friend have done this GL forum a great service.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Here's a couple of Green Lantern combos I recorded. Not going around saying I did these first, just thought it'd be awesome to post them.

Here is my GL vs Chris G's Grundy (no joke) and then Green Arrow in tournament at WNF:

well played. good use of the DB2 rockets. and the jumping 3 cross up/ jump over into B13 after mb lift reset is something I need to use more. I cant really think of much to critique here. Is there a reason why you don't use the turbine resets

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Here is my GL vs Chris G's Grundy (no joke) and then Green Arrow in tournament at WNF:

Damn, and here I was thinking I was the only one who picked up on Denzel's reset :(

EDIT: good use of missiles, too. they're going to become a big part of Lantern's midrange game which is already overflowing with great stuff.

Too bad there's still no good anti-zoning tech... I even tried experimenting with trading EX turbine lulz

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Damn, and here I was thinking I was the only one who picked up on Denzel's reset :(

EDIT: good use of missiles, too. they're going to become a big part of Lantern's midrange game which is already overflowing with great stuff.

Too bad there's still no good anti-zoning tech... I even tried experimenting with trading EX turbine lulz
I think it was technically Michaelangelo's reset. I stole it from him after he came to WNF that one time.

EGP Wonder_Chef

well played. good use of the DB2 rockets. and the jumping 3 cross up/ jump over into B13 after mb lift reset is something I need to use more. I cant really think of much to critique here. Is there a reason why you don't use the turbine resets
Well turbine resets only work if you start with like a f3 or a j3, not a straight lift or b13. If I do land those and have no meter though I'll use the turbine.

really big help thanks a lot the vid did wonders for my GL ;)
No problem bud, I think I'm going to make a video on Lantern's Might "Resets" even though all of it is actually just oki. People are still calling it "reset" just because they don't know any better. I even get caught saying it sometimes.

"What is Oki?"
A character has good oki (short for okizeme) if they have good mix-up options after they knock the opponent down. Green Lantern has plenty out of MB Lantern's Might.

He has the cross up or non cross up j3, the empty jump b1, the delay b1, the dash under b1 or f3, and the late dash b1 or f3, which can all be put to good use to keep things fresh.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Well you can actually OTG them without them being able to wake up if you use B1 timed correctly after a MB Lift.

Also technically a reset is any time you stop a combo short to force a mixup situation.

Well you can actually OTG them without them being able to wake up if you use B1 timed correctly after a MB Lift.

Also technically a reset is any time you stop a combo short to force a mixup situation.
Yeah man I know b1 stuffs a lot of wake-ups if you time it right.

A lot of other fighting game players don't consider it a true reset if there is something you can do about it (even if it most be blocked), it's oki. Cyrax has "true resets," is what I mean at least when speaking for them i.e. my friends that play UMvC3, BB, P4A, AE, etc. That's mainly what we've got in the Florida area. Instead of saying "ohhhh gets the reset!" they say "ohhh goes for the oki set-up, got em!" Also dropping a combo to go for mix-up can be called an "American Reset."

EGP Wonder_Chef

Yeah man I know b1 stuffs a lot of wake-ups if you time it right.

A lot of other fighting game players don't consider it a true reset if there is something you can do about it (even if it most be blocked), it's oki. Cyrax has "true resets," is what I mean at least when speaking for them i.e. my friends that play UMvC3, BB, P4A, AE, etc. That's mainly what we've got in the Florida area. Instead of saying "ohhhh gets the reset!" they say "ohhh goes for the oki set-up, got em!" Also dropping a combo to go for mix-up can be called an "American Reset."
literally if you do MB Lift > B1 it stuffs EVERY reset (timed correctly)

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
literally if you do MB Lift > B1 it stuffs EVERY reset (timed correctly)
I haven't been able to replicate the stuffed wake up.

I've recorded the set up several times aiming for the b1 to connect the same frame they've touched the ground and I can always wake up out of it

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
I haven't been able to replicate the stuffed wake up.

I've recorded the set up several times aiming for the b1 to connect the same frame they've touched the ground and I can always wake up out of it
You have to get the timing down, it a real pain in the ass, are you doing it with the dash under or without?

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
For sure I've just been on a xbox kick lately with some people playing them and looking at match ups.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Okay, so a bit of a video dump. These are all related to SoCal's previous weekend trip to AZ for the Dojosports 5v5.

This first one is the singles tourney on Friday, August 16

Vs. SatsuiYesHadou: 0:14:30
Vs. Jowuh: 1:12:30
Vs. MF Slayer: 1:29:50

Winners Finals vs. Wonder Chef

Grand Finals vs MF Slayer

And then this is from the actual 5v5, which was held on Saturday, August 17

Vs. PBoardPlayer: 0:40:30
Vs. Krayzie_Bone: 1:15:45
Vs. WonderChef: 1:51: 41
Vs. RedReaper: 2:34:05
Vs. SatsuiYesHadou: 3:12:30

Here's my guide on minimizing the tell in the J3 set-up after MB Lantern's Might. Darth Arma was in Orlando at my place and he told me I had to make this

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Here is a kind of gimmick to get some big trait damage.

Sorry for the phone video quality (it is really bright lol) but its always nice to see these things visually.

EDIT: I have an improvement on this setup, video coming shortly

EDIT: New video