What's new

Video/Tutorial Green Lantern Video Thread.

Urtog

Noob
Havent Posted here in a while. Im gonna need as much criticism as possible in order to get ready for EVO. Any Pointer on my GL?
About the stance change from the second match. When you press 2,3 at the same time you change stance, sometimes even when you just input it too quickly. Try slowing down your input of that string or if it becomes a problem try using a different combo there are a few ways of getting 33% off b1,3 with 1 bar.

Also do you know of the f3 setup after trait lanterns might? I didn't see you do it at all in the video. b1,3 trait lm dash forward so your standing on them then f3. It can cross up, you can also neutral jump 3 which can hit on either side, it depends on your timing. To mix them up even more you can use b13, a lot of people know the setup now and will stand block so using b13 will usually catch you opponent.

Not sure what else to say hopefully some more experienced players than me come post and help you out. good luck at evo.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Yea the trait setup is great against characters who have bad wakeups and can't escape like Batman.

If you plan on zoning from full screen, you may as well activate trait and get that little bit of extra damage in. It recharges so fast that you will likely have it for your next combo.

Also you were a bit predictable with the air Oa rockets. The Aquaman player dashed up and punished you with a D2, and plenty of other players will do something similar if you get into a pattern.

Lastly, the Sinestro matchup is annoying but doable. Basically don't ever dash and just walk forward. If you crouch, MB Fear Blast will whiff at most ranges and the Sinestro will likely use trait to cover blocked boulders. You can punish Arachnid Sting with standing 123, and you should only try to trade projectiles if you have a big lead. Also B1 is better than all of Sinestro's footsie tools except trait, so use that to keep them in check.

Mr FiF

Youtube.com/IIMR5
Will keep that in mind. A Couple of other matchups i have also been having trouble with is Raven and Black Adam. I feel as is the match up is slightly in ravens favor and black adam idk what it is but i have always had a bad time with him.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
How the hell do i deal with this?
@OFIDYAN
Tbh there isn't much you can do it's a 3-7 matchup but your best best is to try to make a read and throw a rocket out and mb it if it hits turbine in, don't air rocket and don't random turbine.
The only thing I can say for you personally is work on your punishes you played well but you only punished with b13, if you block unsafe teleport go with 2 mb rocket or 22 mb rocket etc combo so you do more damage and possibly get a setup GL had ways to troll MMH on knockdown but that's really the only positive in the matchup, he can even punish you for b1 checking his overhead tele

Mr FiF

Youtube.com/IIMR5
Tbh there isn't much you can do it's a 3-7 matchup but your best best is to try to make a read and throw a rocket out and mb it if it hits turbine in, don't air rocket and don't random turbine.
The only thing I can say for you personally is work on your punishes you played well but you only punished with b13, if you block unsafe teleport go with 2 mb rocket or 22 mb rocket etc combo so you do more damage and possibly get a setup GL had ways to troll MMH on knockdown but that's really the only positive in the matchup, he can even punish you for b1 checking his overhead tele
Yea it felt like this matchups sucked. i really gotta work on optimizing my combos. Martian zoning is def the best in the game

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Yea it felt like this matchups sucked. i really gotta work on optimizing my combos. Martian zoning is def the best in the game
yeah its really bad his zoning is so dumb, whenever you block regular teleport if you delay a bit (he will be grounded when you punish) you can punish with b23 or mb f3 nj2 b13 trait 40% or more into a setup

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Any MMH worth anything will never just throw out a regular teleport. But this is probably GL's worse matchup, and it sucks.

How the hell do i deal with this? @OFIDYAN
I know this is old so you may already know what you could make better, but I'll just say a few things.

- Always check a overhead teleport with b1 (sometimes they forget that they are negative on that)
- Improve pressure like with CRP's try b3 occasionally as a pressure tool, it's plus and you get a free f3 afterwards, also plus
- Never Air Turbine Smash in this match up
- When MB OR hits from a distance don't just dash, Turbine in right after and throw a f3 or b1 while they're down
- Never respect Martian's timer mine GL's walkspeed is great for just walking through it (I know he did proximity mine a lot though, not much you can do there)
- Try your best to be patient, it is one of GL's worst matchups and if you really want to win against this.. pick Doomsday ;)

Here is a trailer for some of my 2014 GL tech. Soon to be a video with commentary, slomo, the works!

A playlist of individual videos including most of the tech
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8Gem8euLvkgDjSTjcR4OQ1qKyaI6BldT