What's new

Green Lantern Combo Thread

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
500+ 2 bar with active trait corner 7 frame punish:
12~ex close lantern, f3, b2~close lantern, 223~ex lantern might, 223~bf1

One bar for 400+
12~ex close lantern, f3, b2~close lantern, 223~bf1
Damn for real? Have to try these out tonight. Can 1,2 be cancelled into something like Wall for safety on block?

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Damn for real? Have to try these out tonight. Can 1,2 be cancelled into something like Wall for safety on block?
Yes it cancels with anything, you have to time it tho...the 2 has 2 hits, cancel so that the 2nd hit is replaced with the special

One thing I've been making a big use of is background bounce(bgb) combo's to make up for the lack of Meterless damage.

Damage against superman no gear.

B13-4-db1-22-bgb-b3-j2(J3 doesn't allow 223)-223 =323.48

F3-dash under if needed-22-bgb-j3-223=355.74

Trait up
B13-db2-db1-step Forward-22-bgb-b3-223=355.17

You can add a db1 at the end for extra damage but less advantage.

Bes110

Noob
Hello everyone! I have been playing around in practice mode and wanted to share something I have been looking into. One of my go to combos is: B13, 4, DB1, 223, DB1*, B3, JI2, B1.

I was practicing trying to cut this combo short and get a set up for a new combo. I want to cut the combo after the B3. After the B3, we would either jump over, or dash under the incoming player.

After they land, we would be in position for a F3, B1, or J3 cross-up combo starter. My only problem is, I can't seem to get the J3 cross up to work. Am I just not quick enough or is it impossible to get the J3 cross-up to work here? If we could string this together, we could potentially do 649.25 damage in one set-up.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
Hello everyone! I have been playing around in practice mode and wanted to share something I have been looking into. One of my go to combos is: B13, 4, DB1, 223, DB1*, B3, JI2, B1.

I was practicing trying to cut this combo short and get a set up for a new combo. I want to cut the combo after the B3. After the B3, we would either jump over, or dash under the incoming player.

After they land, we would be in position for a F3, B1, or J3 cross-up combo starter. My only problem is, I can't seem to get the J3 cross up to work. Am I just not quick enough or is it impossible to get the J3 cross-up to work here? If we could string this together, we could potentially do 649.25 damage in one set-up.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!

The J3 cross-up is possible. You have to input the dash before the b3 animation is finished, then if you hold jump forward you will cross them up. But keep in mind b3 isn't a hard knockdown.

Also I'd suggest using 123 in the combo rather than 223 for more damage, you just have to take a step forward first before the 123

Bes110

Noob

The J3 cross-up is possible. You have to input the dash before the b3 animation is finished, then if you hold jump forward you will cross them up. But keep in mind b3 isn't a hard knockdown.

Also I'd suggest using 123 in the combo rather than 223 for more damage, you just have to take a step forward first before the 123
Thank you very much! And wow, look at all that damage!

KevinCow

Noob
Sorry if this has been answered, I skimmed the thread and didn't see anything, but is there any way to combo into his super? Yeah, I know, awful use of meter, but finishing the opponent with a super is the best way to guarantee a gold in the multiverse. Every other character except Scarecrow is so easy to combo into their super, but GL's comes out so slow. It can't even be used as a counter, because the opponent will have plenty of time to finish whatever they're doing and block.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Sorry if this has been answered, I skimmed the thread and didn't see anything, but is there any way to combo into his super? Yeah, I know, awful use of meter, but finishing the opponent with a super is the best way to guarantee a gold in the multiverse. Every other character except Scarecrow is so easy to combo into their super, but GL's comes out so slow. It can't even be used as a counter, because the opponent will have plenty of time to finish whatever they're doing and block.
S1 and I think every button attached to 2 will combo into it. No idea about mid combo stuff.

b13xxSuper

kageman

Noob
Can someone tell me how to input the trait into lift during combos? Is it just really fast input? Is it hard to get right?

Can someone tell me how to input the trait into lift during combos? Is it just really fast input? Is it hard to get right?
Just input it like a special cancel as soon as you press 4 do db1.

Its good practice to get used to doing it into all of his special moves.