What's new

Green Lantern BnBs and Strategies

Bibulus

Noob
Found a new trait active corner combo off of f+3

f+3, d2xxdb2b, 223xxlift, 223xxlift does 31% meterless with trait active and builds a lot of meter

Edit: f+3, d2xxdb2b, 123xxlift, b13 lift does 32%
f+3, nj2, b13xx4xxlift, 223xxlift - 31% meterless corner combo uses trait

I'll be updating the OP tonight. Been a hell of a week and today is the worst.

Anybody that's worked in a restaurant should understand lol.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

for the basics of how it works after a LM MB dash under them then either F3 or B13. GnG CrimsonPanther will elaborate on this (and correct me if I'm wrong) I'm sure but that is the basic chunk of how it works.

That's awesome tech! Any feedback on how effective it is? My only thought is just wakeup attacks stuffing any follow up.

EDIT: I thought about it for a few minutes and the dots connected. Not only is there that high/low mixup, but if you think they might be awake enough and fast enough to get a wakeup out, you can just block and punish. If you would be blocking, expecting a wakeup, but they didn't, pressure or throw. That is some crazy awesome tech! I can't wait to try it out!

chores

bad at things
That's awesome tech! Any feedback on how effective it is? My only thought is just wakeup attacks stuffing any follow up.
its so fast itd be hard to wakeup. its never happened to me online. its extremely effective. i just copy the ones wonder chef posted videos of. this is what i do online:

b13 t LM 223 LMMB (dash under) b13 LM 223 ORMB 223 LM
or
b13 t LM 223 LMMB (dash under) f3 (slight delay) b13 LM 223 LMMB b13 LM

also if i catch someone with LM jumping sometimes i try this one, success rate varies:

LM MB b3 ji3 223 turbine (crosses up on non-bane/dd/grundy/lex) b13 LM t 223 ORMB 223 LM

Dark_Rob

Noob
During the vortex if B1 is done so it connects on the same frame the opponent hits the ground it is an OTG and can't be backdashed or wake up attacked. B1 will stuff all wakeups if done on the correct frame. I tested this out with REO at my house and he could not wkeup or backdash. And if he couldn't do it, me thinks no one can. This forces the opponent to only block the low option. Which frees up the overhead F3 even more.
Also if your opponent. Starts realizing they can fuzzy guard the vortex(B1 is 9 frames, F3 is 18 I believe) just delay the B1 so you catch them when they are going to guard the F3. Of course if you delay the B1 the opponent can then wakeup/backdash. There's alot going on in about the span of 1 second so don't mix yourself up like I often do lol.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I was playing around and found a combo I enjoy:

ji2, 123, LM MB, b3, ji3, 123, LM - 41% 1 bar, no trait
corner combo:

B13, Trait, OR MB, 123, LM, 22, LM MB, JI3 - 49% Ends with opponent in corner

or

B13, Trait, OR MB, 123, LM, 22, LM MB, level transition - 53-55%.. ish
I'm sorry but I've been practicing these combos and they seem extremely impractical and very tight windows.

And if you don't need to, everyone posting combos with d2 should stop, the damage scales a TON with d2 in it for instance.

f3 d2 b13 T LM 223 LM MB j2 2 LM = 29% 16 Hits
f3 j2 b13 T LM 223 LM MB j2 2 LM = 36% 16 Hits
Same exact combo just j2 and d2 are switched.

With that said.....the most practical combo I found off of f3 on a crouching opponent is this...

f3 j2 123 LM MB j2 223 LM = 37%

its so fast itd be hard to wakeup. its never happened to me online. its extremely effective. i just copy the ones wonder chef posted videos of. this is what i do online:

b13 t LM 223 LMMB (dash under) b13 LM 223 ORMB 223 LM
or
b13 t LM 223 LMMB (dash under) f3 (slight delay) b13 LM 223 LMMB b13 LM

also if i catch someone with LM jumping sometimes i try this one, success rate varies:

LM MB b3 ji3 223 turbine (crosses up on non-bane/dd/grundy/lex) b13 LM t 223 ORMB 223 LM
This is exactly what I do except after F3 you can add a JI2.

With what Dark_Rob said.

B1 is completely untechable and F3 should be used after you have trained them to not D2 or wake up attack the F3.

In practice mode if you set the meter to Refill, your meter refills after a combo. During this vortex your meter doesn't refill at the moment the combo ends, or where the 50/50 is. So this, I believe, is a viable and practical vortex dispite how much meter it takes. GL gains a ton of meter through zoning, pressuring, and normal combos.

I will be adding a "Vortex set-ups" section to the OP sometime today. Also this thread has become not just BnBs as alot of you have noticed. I will now be adding strategies for general GL play, MU strategies, etc. So all you GLs list your BEST strategies for MUs, situations in general and I'll post them in the up coming "Strategy" section.