What's new

Green Lantern BnBs and Strategies

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
You have to be quick. As soon as he hits the wall go ahead and input it.

Once you get the timing it's as easy as any other BnB.
Okay thanks, I will definitely practice that up. On a side note, is it really better to put as many B.23's in a combo for maxing out damage? There was a video up on eventhubs about it.

Okay thanks, I will definitely practice that up. On a side note, is it really better to put as many B.23's in a combo for maxing out damage? There was a video up on eventhubs about it.
Depends on the combo. Damage scaling seems to be a big deal for GL. Sometimes 223 or 123 or simply 2 is more damaging.

For high level play, B23 is more of an after thought because it's that good of a string.

Dan

KomboMaker
Hey bro, can you tell me what are the percentages of the combos above? I could only see that the last one was 44%.

Nice vids by the way.

Kinda off topic:
So I was playing this guy online. After beating him in the first match against his Doomsday, he rage quit in the second. I hate rage quitting especially since right now it counts as a loss on your own record (They really needs to fix this).

So I sent him a message that simply said "Lol, really?"

His response was: "You can't even make your own combos so you go relying on the internet cuz youre too much of a weak person. I had seen that combo countless times. I pity you that you had to rely on other for your victories."

Me laughing hysterically I replied. Basically explaining to him that the combos I use are my own and referred him to this site and this thread specifically to check it out for himself.

So my fellow Green Lanterns, keep landing those BnBs and keep making the scrubs cry. :)

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Kinda off topic:
So I was playing this guy online. After beating him in the first match against his Doomsday, he rage quit in the second. I hate rage quitting especially since right now it counts as a loss on your own record (They really needs to fix this).

So I sent him a message that simply said "Lol, really?"

His response was: "You can't even make your own combos so you go relying on the internet cuz youre too much of a weak person. I had seen that combo countless times. I pity you that you had to rely on other for your victories."

Me laughing hysterically I replied. Basically explaining to him that the combos I use are my own and referred him to this site and this thread specifically to check it out for himself.

So my fellow Green Lanterns, keep landing those BnBs and keep making the scrubs cry. :)
Haters gonna hate. Some guy got mad at me because the only combo I could do was the combo you told me with the overhead kick. I mean, all they have to do is block high right? Seems easy enough because I can't do the b13 Trait combos yet, lol. They told me to return my game because I was a spammer, and then I msged him back "y so srs?" and he replied that he was a competitive edge gamer that played all the games seriously and was a pro player. And I replied, "You're really bad for a pro gamer if I beat you." He didn't reply anymore, lol.

Haters gonna hate. Some guy got mad at me because the only combo I could do was the combo you told me with the overhead kick. I mean, all they have to do is block high right? Seems easy enough because I can't do the b13 Trait combos yet, lol. They told me to return my game because I was a spammer, and then I msged him back "y so srs?" and he replied that he was a competitive edge gamer that played all the games seriously and was a pro player. And I replied, "You're really bad for a pro gamer if I beat you." He didn't reply anymore, lol.
Edge player? I doubt it.

Can someone explain the unclashables more? I thought it was just that you can't clash his lift, minigun, rocket, or f3b3 but people keep clashing out of the final lift I do in combos. What gives?

Also I don't think it's been mentioned--one of his most important comboconfirms is:
Grounded or antiair meter burn rocket, walk forward, b13, bnb

Another thing that I think wil become important as the game progresses is d1, meter burn rocket, bnb
This combo is godlike on defense. A lot of games come down to a shitload of d1 fights and if you do d1 meter burn rocket it's like +20 on block so the pressure is all yours or it leads to the bnb. Very good tactic. D1, lift s too risky.d1, chain gun is also really good if you don't have meter to get em off.

The confirm reaches from like 3/4 screen

Can someone explain the unclashables more? I thought it was just that you can't clash his lift, minigun, rocket, or f3b3 but people keep clashing out of the final lift I do in combos. What gives?

Also I don't think it's been mentioned--one of his most important comboconfirms is:

Another thing that I think wil become important as the game progresses is d1, meter burn rocket, bnb
This combo is godlike on defense. A lot of games come down to a shitload of d1 fights and if you do d1 meter burn rocket it's like +20 on block so the pressure is all yours or it leads to the bnb. Very good tactic. D1, lift s too risky.d1, chain gun is also really good if you don't have meter to get em off.

Celestial

Yolo Corps™
I figured out a few combo's off of f2d1 that were not listed. * Corner not required.

f2d1 - trait - LM - 223 - LM MB - b3 - 223 - LM

f2d1 - trait - LM - 223 - LM MB - b3 - b13 - LM

f2d1 - trait - LM - 223 - OR MB - b13 - LM

I don't have dmg percentages at the moment. I will provide them soon... or just discover them on your own. : P

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
FYI:

JI2, 123, LM MB, B3, JI2, 223, LM
39% One bar

Replace with

JI2, 123, LM MB, B3, JI3, 223, LM
40% One bar

It is not difficult at all to hit the combo with a JI3

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
So, I think from midscreen off 223 people should be using:

223, lm MB, b3, ji2, b13 MG

Off b13:

b13, trait, lm, 223, oar MB, 223, lm

Or you could use b13, trait, lm 223, lm MB, b3, b13 lm

Green Lantern has access to good damaging combos off 223 which have a lot of wall carry. Ending with turbine reset seems sketchy to me. When I practised with and against it, it seems like your opponent should just backdash to beat the overhead and low option.

I'm going to look into the clashables because I thought the same too.

So I may be redoing the unclashable section.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

This combo is godlike on defense. A lot of games come down to a shitload of d1 fights and if you do d1 meter burn rocket it's like +20 on block so the pressure is all yours or it leads to the bnb.

Definitely going to try this! Really strong strategy. I can see so much opportunity with that. Are you in close enough range for f3 or f2d1? That type of mixup potential, with b1 always looming, could be nuts!

Tortonon

YOLO is power
I was trying to do b1 into LM on reaction, but it is really hard online. I can pull it offline, but it is still very inconsistent. Great thought on ORocket MB, adding it to the shananingans asap :D

I figured out a few combo's off of f2d1 that were not listed. * Corner not required.

f2d1 - trait - LM - 223 - LM MB - b3 - 223 - LM

f2d1 - trait - LM - 223 - LM MB - b3 - b13 - LM

f2d1 - trait - LM - 223 - OR MB - b13 - LM

I don't have dmg percentages at the moment. I will provide them soon... or just discover them on your own. : P
I'll definitely look at these.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2