What's new

General/Other Green Arrow's one change from the 5/20 update

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.

Green Arrow

• Reduced the amount of block advantage on Green Arrow’s Light It Up (Back+2, 3) combo
Thoughts?

shaowebb

If it wasn't for infinites I wonder if they would even have touched him?
I'm seriously thinking that I'm onto something with pursuing his MB moves more during the match and pursuing his electric and fire arrow options now. I'm betting rather than being a "save it all for super and resets" guy that he may just be a "death by papercuts" matchup where he's got one or two punishes that just hit heavy and add up often. I'm gonna play around more with Air Dead on MB (22%)and Sky Alert MB(26%) in matches since each do over 20 and have only 3 to 5 frame startups. They got bad recovery, but I'm wondering if I can stuff on reaction easily enough for it not to matter now.

Meter whore Green Arrow going in the lab soon.

If it wasn't for infinites I wonder if they would even have touched him?
I'm seriously thinking that I'm onto something with pursuing his MB moves more during the match and pursuing his electric and fire arrow options now. I'm betting rather than being a "save it all for super and resets" guy that he may just be a "death by papercuts" matchup where he's got one or two punishes that just hit heavy and add up often. I'm gonna play around more with Air Dead on MB (22%)and Sky Alert MB(26%) in matches since each do over 20 and have only 3 to 5 frame startups. They got bad recovery, but I'm wondering if I can stuff on reaction easily enough for it not to matter now.

Meter whore Green Arrow going in the lab soon.
I was not aware of an infinite in the corner... but that may be a good idea, I started to meter burn up heaven blast and savage blast more often. I also thought about using air dead on MB more too. only problem is minus on block.

shaowebb

I was not aware of an infinite in the corner... but that may be a good idea, I started to meter burn up heaven blast and savage blast more often. I also thought about using air dead on MB more too. only problem is minus on block.
Yeah both are hella minus on block. Thing is that startup and damage screams "punish move" and not opener to me. These will be my reaction moves. I'm gonna try and bait folks with normal ass arrows and go for these. I cant just jump in and do Air Dead On MB or it'd be suicide, and Sky Alert MB is doable in the corner after stinger so ...yeah that damage is big.

Im thinking I'll use it in the lab a bit versus jumping AI and see how well Sky Alert MB works for me in addition to testing it with B3 and F3 . Other than that...yeah I'm baiting folks to jump with arrows to see if I can't abuse it. If it works twice thats 52%. The scariest thing will be trying to use Air Dead On MB. It can only really be used versus someone charging right up my throat or someone on wakeup. One risks them blocking and killing me the other risks me mistiming a jump. I'm wondering if I cant jumping arrow a few times to bait a dash and then go for Air Dead On MB to stuff it.

Its not without risk, but its worth training. They control a HUGE amount of space and deal damage that is scary as hell. I'm gonna see if I can't make them work. Air Dead On MB will be my toughest task, but Sky Alert MB...thats got some good options already.

yeah the air dead on is scary to use. The only instance I found myself using it was on bane's charge and doomsday. typical characters that like to run at you.

I don't like the nerf to be honest, I feel it was unecessary and detrimental. This is a mid tier character that loses to most of the top tier characters we're talking about here. At the very least NRS could have given us a reach around for the nerf by fixing the hitbox properties on his df2. On the female characters b2-df2-into combo whiffs in the corner. The df2 doesn't hit.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Thing is, it wasn't a block infinite. Did anyone even bother to try it? If you do it twice it could be jumped out of most of the time, and the second hit wouldn't connect. If they only blocked, you could only do it 3 times. So please, stop calling it a block infinite.

The goddamn nerf was a slap in the dick to every GA player, fo sho.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I don't like the nerf to be honest, I feel it was unecessary and detrimental. This is a mid tier character that loses to most of the top tier characters we're talking about here. At the very least NRS could have given us a reach around for the nerf by fixing the hitbox properties on his df2. On the female characters b2-df2-into combo whiffs in the corner. The df2 doesn't hit.
Yea, that would be more of a "bug fix" lol

Thing is, it wasn't a block infinite. Did anyone even bother to try it? If you do it twice it could be jumped out of most of the time, and the second hit wouldn't connect. If they only blocked, you could only do it 3 times. So please, stop calling it a block infinite.

Good luck convincing all the morons going around preaching that Green Arrow is broken and has a block infinite and inescapable resets. Pathetic. It really angers me because his "resets" can be escaped and the poor fuck does not have any block infinites. Really shitty nerf and unwarranted.

Yea, that would be more of a "bug fix" lol
Yea it would. They sped up jokers laughing gas for that reason, his standing normal combos wouldn't connect on some characters, like grundy for example so he'd have to comit to jump ins for damage. But arrow, I guess fuck him right? You ain;t getting optimal damage in the corner against the females.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier

Thank you,

Yes in the corner you could only do it 3 times, and would be pushed back, and it did dick all for chip anyways.

What this nerf essentially does is take away your free F2D1 after a blocked B23, we don't know what the frames will be until tomorrow so we can take a look at it more then. The start up is still the same and it's still and over head, so it's not really the end of the world, just might kinda fuck mid screen pressure depending on the pressure you used.

At least 223 is still hard knock down, and they didn't fuck with any of the normal arrow hit advantage, I still refuse to give up on this character.

I think there is still tons of nasty shit we haven't found yet, lets stay true to Arrow and keep digging, but keep using our shitty gimmicks to lame out wins when we can!!! lol

B2 DF2 combo only doesnt work on 4 characters. I tested them all, Catwoman, Hawkgirl, KillerFrost, Raven.
* its fuckin retarded but thats the way it is.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
What do you mean "our"? I use Green Arrow too, and he's good.
We, as in the players that disagree with you:p I am not just being snarky by the way, I would love to see some good arguments for why GA is high tier, because I can't see it.

I've always been MB whore green arrow and played a reaction based game.....my experience (although online he can be tough but the new patch definitely helped) is that he is a jack of all game plans. Playing a spamming superman? he's got an answer. Playing a rush down batman? he's got answer...i'll put his bd2 up against batman's b23 any day. Plus since all the GA's i've seen rely solely on their one trick ice arrow pony or maybe a reset......the tactic is predictable. Plus u bet the house relying on the ice arrow for all ur combo damage. When up against a zoner....ur best bet is to mix it up with ice, fire and shock....ice rarely....but fire at long range and shock at med....plus u have 2 of them. U can dash in from half screen on a shock and combo. Then the fire is a hard knock down....allowing a dash to jump in....or even a jump in cross up with j3, into d1, df1. Arrow is a beast but chris G's best game is that crazy mix up with the ice arrow from overhead, to high or mid, to low....but if u miss....u gotta get a combo then load or dry load which is very unsafe against most characters. I prefer the counter version of arrow....he's meant to punish ppl's mistakes....and peck away at u.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
From camp Quinn- I feel your pain and think tweaking mid-tier is a kick in the Nightwing... I agree with Jimmy in that Arrow (and Harley for that matter) have some nasty stuff that has not been discovered, but by no means do I believe them to be S-tier or even solid high tier sleepers.

The damage has been done- I am not giving up on my girl now or EVER.. I hope you Arrow mains stay strong and stick to your bow.

Mid-tier unite.. Damn the derp.. Damn the brain dead, damn the man...stay strong boys.. Stay strong!

From camp Quinn- I feel your pain and think tweaking mid-tier is a kick in the Nightwing... I agree with Jimmy in that Arrow (and Harley for that matter) have some nasty stuff that has not been discovered, but by no means do I believe them to be S-tier or even solid high tier sleepers.

The damage has been done- I am not giving up on my girl now or EVER.. I hope you Arrow mains stay strong and stick to your bow.

Mid-tier unite.. Damn the derp.. Damn the brain dead, damn the man...stay strong boys.. Stay strong!
Right... I'll stay strong by resisting the temptation to give the game another chance... I'm done playing it if they're just going to nerf shitty characters.

This nerf doesn't make any damn sense either. There wasn't even a block infinite. No research was done on this at all... Just a random nerf because some people whined about being put in block stun by it for a couple seconds for no chip, I guess... Whatever, I'm done with this trash game anyway...

This

Right... I'll stay strong by resisting the temptation to give the game another chance... I'm done playing it if they're just going to nerf shitty characters.

This nerf doesn't make any damn sense either. There wasn't even a block infinite. No research was done on this at all... Just a random nerf because some people whined about being put in block stun by it for a couple seconds for no chip, I guess... Whatever, I'm done with this trash game anyway...
U have a crap attitude. This nerf....isn't even that big of deal. Ur being a cry baby.