What's new

Match-up Discussion Green Arrow In Depth Match Up Discussion (1.06)

D

Deleted member 28105

I don't really know what kan make the Martian match up better outside of game related issues like not switching sides fast enough to AA his instant air dashes with standing 1.

Fixing the hitbox on his MB B3 would definitely help, because right now while it's possible to MB B3 the teleport, the fact that you have to delay it makes it harder to the point where it's usually just better to read it. (Also, why does Arrow get like no damage kompared to others for F3 (even MB F3) into a kombo?)
Fixing his back 3 would solve a lot of problems. I wouldn't be push blocking his OH teleports anymore, the delay makes that a common occurrence. If we could regain the ability to consistently B3 off of BGB's, that would be nice as well. While they're at it, they mine as well give us back the ability to just mash back 3 after a super. This strict timing bs is so monotonous that I just save my meter for meter burned hurricane bows :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Fixing his back 3 would solve a lot of problems. I wouldn't be push blocking his OH teleports anymore, the delay makes that a common occurrence. If we could regain the ability to consistently B3 of of BGB's, that would be nice as well. While they're at it, they mine as well give us back the ability to just mash back 3 after a super. This strict timing bs is so monotonous that I just save my meter for meter burned hurricane bows :(
I agree on all points but...

lol.. "meter burned hurricane bows"

New Tech???

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
What are this magical setups I hear of?
Its nothing special, you don't need to worry about it. Some characters don't have very good wake-ups out of roll, so Arrow can set up some tick-throw set-ups and tech traps using stuff like 111xxdash f.2xxsavage and stuff like that. The f.2's hitbox is surprisingly disjointed and catches out a lot of WUs that don't have full invuln (like DD, for example). Whats more is the timing isn't that hard to adjust if they don't tech roll granted you use the 111 in a juggle. As for tick throws, I mean you guys don't like to waste bars so its not as important to you guys, but I dunno, I rather like having the whole option to do a low-OH-unblockable set-up.

Then theres the late stinger CU/NCU thing I put a video of where arrow jumps in the same place, at the same angle, with the same timing, but ends up in front or behind and its nearly impossible to read in-match.

So on and so forth, they're mostly gimmicks but some are pretty useful.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
@Eric Z19 I'm doing some tests and I think this may have been hotfixed, because I don't remember it doing the same damage when I made the guide. 223 now does the same damage as 111 :O

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
@Eric Z19 I'm doing some tests and I think this may have been hotfixed, because I don't remember it doing the same damage when I made the guide. 223 now does the same damage as 111 :O
I remember it doing the same damage for a while.. At least as an ender in kombos.

I don't think I ever remember it doing less.

It still does more in some cases...but it seems like its usually not more than 1% or something. Glad to know I'm not crazy then...when you mentioned 111 doing more damage I was kinda embarrassed I hadn't really noticed a damage discrepancy before. Outside of certain matchups I think it makes sense to stick with 223 for the most part then. One example where I can think of using 111 would be Bane when he's juiced up since I don't want that summovabitch anywhere near me when he wakes up.