What's new

General/Other Green Arrow Buff/Fix Please

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
It's not hard to get ice arrow, and while you can't do it directly in the corner, you can do it pretty damn close. Also, certain setups are guaranteed. I understand that GA is lacking compared to other characters, but I would rather keep him the way he is right now, being a 50/50 character that can do a big money shot with full meter, then another meter based vortex character.
Now let me ask you this: How often does GA have 4 bars, ice arrow stocked, opponent has 60%+ life AND has already used his clash?

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Now let me ask you this: How often does GA have 4 bars, ice arrow stocked, opponent has 60%+ life AND has already used his clash?

People don't listen apparently, so I'm not going to keep repeating myself.

SimSim

People don't listen apparently, so I'm not going to keep repeating myself.
I am not sure what I should have listened to. If you think a stocked ice arrow and a b13 guaranteed super on block gives GA a guaranteed 60-70% I don't know what to tell you.

RM Truth

You know what, nevermind. I'm gonna leave this with one last note. I would absolutely love it if GA gets buffed. What I don't want to happen is his way of playing the match changing. I like the fact that you have to rely on making reads and getting 50/50 situations until you can stock 4 meters, then you can blow it all on one big shot. I wish I could play more characters like that. Is GA a bad character? Maybe. Could he use some buffs? Probably. If anything though, I would want them to be related to getting more super setups. However, as of now, I have no issues with the way this character plays, and still enjoy him to this day. I'm more than happy to be the only Arrow player on TYM, if no one else feels that way though.

RM Truth

I am not sure what I should have listened to. If you think a stocked ice arrow and a b13 guaranteed super on block gives GA a guaranteed 60-70% I don't know what to tell you.

Well if you want to put words in my mouth than fine, but I advise that you reread this thread, and tell me where I specified that set-up netting that much damage, which I haven't, and I know it doesn't. That's all I have to say about this.

RM Truth

Well if you want to put words in my mouth than fine, but I advise that you reread this thread, and tell me where I specified that set-up netting that much damage, which I haven't, and I know it doesn't. That's all I have to say about this.

Will take this back, since you liked the last post. Apologies for any insults.

SimSim

Fair enough, but not really my point from my first post.

Edit: Then let's leave it at that and hope for a better future for GA!

ando1184

Noob
Based on hearing the rumors about his block setups getting canned, idk what kind of character Arrow will become after that. His mixups and block strings were really good tools but if they take em all out, he really is left with little to pack a punch. I thought creating ways to make ur opponent block so u could get super was an ingenious design for the character, and if the opponents are familiar with his strings then they might purposely get hit by em or time back dashes properly, then everyone would see its not broken. But if these nerfs keep happening then ......? I really wish these nerfs/buffs didn't come out as early as they did. I still think he is viable but it seems a lot of people didn't know what they were talking about and Arrow got, what I call, unessessary nerfs. They even took his chip away, is NRS just not wanting this character to have any chance? Since his super has ALWAYS been escapable, it really makes no sense to continue the nerfs at this rate. He seemed much more viable prepatches, just sayin.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I think I have some good ideas on what he should get. I was going to kreate a new thread but we probably have too many... I guess I'll just hold onto my list.

7L

Heads up!
I'll honestly say this. If they don't touch him this upcoming patch...I'll be happy. Yeah I would like if he had a few more options given to him like the 2% normal arrow and crouch arrow ducking high projectiles...but I'm just nervous they are going to continue to nerf his ass.

ando1184

Noob
Does anyone else think his ice arrow should do some DMG? I mean, supes n KF have damaging freeze moves and the scaling on ice arrow sucks. So does anyone think that might balance itself out?

7L

Heads up!
Does anyone else think his ice arrow should do some DMG? I mean, supes n KF have damaging freeze moves and the scaling on ice arrow sucks. So does anyone think that might balance itself out?

I don't think he needs that. Besides the normal arrow. I think his damage is decent. I just go for max damage combos every time and get an arrow load at the end.

ando1184

Noob
I don't think he needs that. Besides the normal arrow. I think his damage is decent. I just go for max damage combos every time and get an arrow load at the end.
Yes that's a good option but his max DMG is right under 30% most of the time. A lot of characters get over 30 with trait n high 30's to mid 40% with one meter. GA gets 35% with trait(ice) plus 1 meter(MB stinger), so I think adding a couple % to ice on hit wouldn't hurt. It can still do 0% chip but, adding some dmg to it would be nice since it scales.

7L

Heads up!
Yes that's a good option but his max DMG is right under 30% most of the time. A lot of characters get over 30 with trait n high 30's to mid 40% with one meter. GA gets 35% with trait(ice) plus 1 meter(MB stinger), so I think adding a couple % to ice on hit wouldn't hurt. It can still do 0% chip but, adding some dmg to it would be nice since it scales.

f2d13, ice arrow, b3 j3 j2 111 load ice arrow. I always do the double jump combo's to add 4-5% to the combos and if you really need damage you can add stinger to the end of the 111. For some characters who don't have good wake-ups, you can do 111 stringer and sneak in the ice arrow, but you'll lose your pressure for sure. There's a lot to this character. I've been working with him trying to develop a few new things before TFC and I think I have it all down.

ando1184

Noob
f2d13, ice arrow, b3 j3 j2 111 load ice arrow. I always do the double jump combo's to add 4-5% to the combos and if you really need damage you can add stinger to the end of the 111. For some characters who don't have good wake-ups, you can do 111 stringer and sneak in the ice arrow, but you'll lose your pressure for sure. There's a lot to this character. I've been working with him trying to develop a few new things before TFC and I think I have it all down.
That combo does 31-34% and is inconsistent most of the time. This is what I meant by not having, in NRS terms, "Normalized" dmg. Shazam puts out around the same using meter but when his trait is on he nets 40+ at least and when we MB and have trait we get 35 at most unless in corner. GL to you at TFC man, I hope ya place and I'll be watching the stream.

7L

Heads up!
That combo does 31-34% and is inconsistent most of the time. This is what I meant by not having, in NRS terms, "Normalized" dmg. Shazam puts out around the same using meter but when his trait is on he nets 40+ at least and when we MB and have trait we get 35 at most unless in corner. GL to you at TFC man, I hope ya place and I'll be watching the stream.
In the corner if you have an ice arrow and land f2d13 x 111 x db1 x 11 ice arrow, it's about 34 along with your choice of j2 f2d1 normal arrow, leaving you at huge advantage which gives you any option that you would like. You can try to throw for a free 11% or even get more combos out of it, try for a f3 or b2 which are also combos that will go into 30-40% depending on the starter. His corner game is insane.

And for his mb moves, I rest of meter for super, having it is a deadly thing. You can catch a freeze and get yourself a free 44% and arrow loaded. This is a huge tide turner. If anything for meter, I will use an ex B3 to attempt to punish or get out of pressure. The only move I have really ex'd is his ex savage blast if I'm up in life and trying to chip out the opponent because it has about 1 or 2% chip if I'm not mistaken.

ando1184

Noob
In the corner if you have an ice arrow and land f2d13 x 111 x db1 x 11 ice arrow, it's about 34 along with your choice of j2 f2d1 normal arrow, leaving you at huge advantage which gives you any option that you would like. You can try to throw for a free 11% or even get more combos out of it, try for a f3 or b2 which are also combos that will go into 30-40% depending on the starter. His corner game is insane.

And for his mb moves, I rest of meter for super, having it is a deadly thing. You can catch a freeze and get yourself a free 44% and arrow loaded. This is a huge tide turner. If anything for meter, I will use an ex B3 to attempt to punish or get out of pressure. The only move I have really ex'd is his ex savage blast if I'm up in life and trying to chip out the opponent because it has about 1 or 2% chip if I'm not mistaken.
I was referring to midscreen damage, yes GA has a great corner game but so does Harley, SM, BM, and some others and they all do 40%+ combos midscreen for 1 bar. Since that's the case, I stand by my opinion.