What's new

General/Other Green Arrow Buff/Fix Please

ando1184

Noob
I know we have already discussed this in a thread or two but I feel over time the info gets lost so thats why I'm making a new one and want to point out the two most important fixes they can give the guy. First off, I think they should BUFF the invincibility on Green Arrows Super. It doesn't last long at all and seems like it goes away right after he releases the arrow, even though he's still stuck in a pose and can't move. I say this because I was fighting an aquaman last night and he knocked me down in the corner and did MB b3, I woke up and Supered but after I saw what he was doing and instead of it hitting me and my Super going through, I got level transitioned?!? Also, there have been times where I would do Super and the opponent would do a jumping 3 and it would knock down arrow. His initial arrow from the unblockable part of the Super connects but the rest of the animation doesn't happen. It just knocks em sky high and Arrow doesn't even recover from being knocked down to add anything else. I posted this in the new thread on the homepage about Perfect Legend and the other guys giving their input on nerfs/buffs also. So I hope this information gets read by somebody important out there.

Secondly, his crouching arrow. Yes, we all know and complain about this one but my hopes is that NRS will go to the GA thread and read this because these 2 are his biggest issues at the moment. If you guys have anything you've discovered or learned, please post up. To the moderators, sorry if this is stepping on any toes.

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
His super is an unblockable with a good hitbox on the explosion. The opponent deserves to be able to punish you if he avoids it. What your asking is basically your Yolo supers to be unpunishable/difficult to punish which isn't fair. You shouldn't be just throwing it out in a situation where your opponent is able to ji3 you anyway.

ando1184

Noob
His super is an unblockable with a good hitbox on the explosion. The opponent deserves to be able to punish you if he avoids it. What your asking is basically your Yolo supers to be unpunishable/difficult to punish which isn't fair. You shouldn't be just throwing it out in a situation where your opponent is able to ji3 you anyway.
If you reread my previous post, I did a wakeup Super when I saw a MB B3 not jump 3. That's not random, it's a read and just about every Super has armor through the entire attack phase. Green arrows attack phase is fast but he's stuck in a pose but should still be armored. In the situation I listed above he shot arrow and got level transitioned almost instantly. That's not a regular armor phase and just about everyone has a lengthy armor phase on supers and some take multiple hits like Shazam and Grundy, so why not arrow? And don't give me the argument that it's an unfair way to get 45+%, we are using 4 bars and most all Super traps are escapable.

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
If you reread my previous post, I did a wakeup Super when I saw a MB B3 not jump 3. That's not random, it's a read and just about every Super has armor through the entire attack phase. Green arrows attack phase is fast but he's stuck in a pose but should still be armored. In the situation I listed above he shot arrow and got level transitioned almost instantly. That's not a regular armor phase and just about everyone has a lengthy armor phase on supers and some take multiple hits like Shazam and Grundy, so why not arrow? And don't give me the argument that it's an unfair way to get 45+%, we are using 4 bars and most all Super traps are escapable.
His super is unique though. It's unblockable and if its setup right its guaranteed damage. He doesn't need invincibility or armor on it so it can ALSO be used as a reversal.

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
Most supers are punishable because they can be blocked. They have armor to chatch you pressing buttons. Ga's super is unique in that, by design, is obviously meant to be specifically set up. If it was punishable on block sure put 50 hits of armor on it for all I care. If you're putting the other guy in a situation where he can counter your unblockable super that was meant to be set up you should be punished. Most characters can Yolo mash super on wake up just because. But not for ga because of its uniqueness, its not that kind of tool. It's fair the way it is right now. He has other viable wake ups anyways

ando1184

Noob
Sorry about the Title guys, I didn't know what else to call it. All this super talk aside, has anyone else discovered any glitches or bugs with arrow that should be fixed or anything that you truly believe needs changing?

ando1184

Noob
Most supers are punishable because they can be blocked. They have armor to chatch you pressing buttons. Ga's super is unique in that, by design, is obviously meant to be specifically set up. If it was punishable on block sure put 50 hits of armor on it for all I care. If you're putting the other guy in a situation where he can counter your unblockable super that was meant to be set up you should be punished. Most characters can Yolo mash super on wake up just because. But not for ga because of its uniqueness, its not that kind of tool. It's fair the way it is right now. He has other viable wake ups anyways
No disrespect man but most supers aren't that punishable, only superman and a select few others have punishable supers and its another thing in this game that's matchup specific. GA's super has armor but it only lasts for "1" hit and only a split second if that. I went into training and further tested his and other characters supers like BA, CW, DS, SM, BM, AM, KF, DD...etc and they all have 2 hits of armor and most of em were safe on block. I just believe he should get the same fairness in that regard, that's all. Besides, what's wrong with using his Super as a defensive option like I did if I make a good read? Yes it's a setup tool, but NRS has been taking away almost every setup opportunity from Arrow with these patches. Even 111 into super can be backdashed and his blocked b1,3 thing that everyone is talking about, I have yet to see it work. If they did decide GA's super need only one hit armor, then why not give us the option of holding back/forward to make the arrow hit shorter/farther? I think that's fair, they're giving the DLC characters specials that do the same thing. Just me thinking outside the box at this point.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
GA hitbox in low arrow should be fixed to duck all high attacks. This I agree on.

His super is fine as is, but I keep hearing people talking about nerfing him. He needs to be able to get super off of strings on hit (f2d13 and 111) and on block (b13).

B13 works and works well to set up super in block, the trade off is that if it hits, he will lose all meter because the super won't connect. The meta game this offers is huge but it is only once a game.

If you fix the hitbox on low arrow he is good. The only buff I could imagine with out breaking him, is giving him 1% more chip damage and 2% more hit damage on fire arrows. Also take away the pushback of electric arrows on hit to allow you to keep pressure or give it the same hit stun as green arrows or slightly more in the ground.

ando1184

Noob
GA hitbox in low arrow should be fixed to duck all high attacks. This I agree on.

His super is fine as is, but I keep hearing people talking about nerfing him. He needs to be able to get super off of strings on hit (f2d13 and 111) and on block (b13).

B13 works and works well to set up super in block, the trade off is that if it hits, he will lose all meter because the super won't connect. The meta game this offers is huge but it is only once a game.

If you fix the hitbox on low arrow he is good. The only buff I could imagine with out breaking him, is giving him 1% more chip damage and 2% more hit damage on fire arrows. Also take away the pushback of electric arrows on hit to allow you to keep pressure or give it the same hit stun as green arrows or slightly more in the ground.

Finally someone who's actually contributing to this conversation, thank you. F2d13 you can link super on hit, do you mean something else?

ando1184

Noob
no thats what I meant.
Well, GA still has f2d13 into Super so no worries there. His b1,3 string into Super, I have yet to see done so IDK what people are complaining about there. I do like the other suggestions you mentioned about chip and fire arrows. GA's chip is very low just bout off of everything, and a 1% arrow's chip is nearly nonexistent. You really think Super is fine? I hate sometimes when I'd make a read and just do a naked super if they F3, or B3'd n we both get hit by the attacks but the Super animation doesn't go off. Instead I just wasted 4 bars for 7%, I just think 2 hits of armor is fine and makes more sense.

MK_Al

Noob
I agree with LOTF's suggestions. I also think his super is fine.
I tried to main him for some weeks now, but I struggle on so many matchups compaired to my other chars that I truly believe GA needs a damage buff about 5% on each BNB. With the current damage output I feel this character can't keep up and will be nowhere in 3-5 month from now. Which would be quite unfortunate, since he's really fun to play and fun to watch.

ando1184

Noob
I agree with LOTF's suggestions. I also think his super is fine.
I tried to main him for some weeks now, but I struggle on so many matchups compaired to my other chars that I truly believe GA needs a damage buff about 5% on each BNB. With the current damage output I feel this character can't keep up and will be nowhere in 3-5 month from now. Which would be quite unfortunate, since he's really fun to play and fun to watch.
A damage buff would be nice but I don't see that happening since arrows don't use meter. :(

MK_Al

Noob
A damage buff would be nice but I don't see that happening since arrows don't use meter. :(

Me too, and I blame it on ChrisG :)
His arrows are good but I don't see the point where they justify the low damage output. They don't add anything to his game that other chars can't do as well for free.

I guess you could say that's a reasonable downside for the fact that GA's super is the most versatile and dynamic out of all the supers in the game. I generally combo into his super, as that's a really fail-safe way of using it, but I don't think it should be buffed as for me it is one of the best supers in the game! :)

ando1184

Noob
I guess you could say that's a reasonable downside for the fact that GA's super is the most versatile and dynamic out of all the supers in the game. I generally combo into his super, as that's a really fail-safe way of using it, but I don't think it should be buffed as for me it is one of the best supers in the game! :)
I only brought up the Super thing because I like to react to my opponent and feel an extra hit of armor wouldn't hurt for reasons mentioned above around my 1st couple of posts. I have even caught BA's mistiming their cross over jumps and activated Super as they he nearly touched the ground and it caught em. I think Supers should be a reward for good reads and recently I've witnessed minute things that should work just completely whiff of fail. My 1st post I described a situation that's really something you would see a tourney player do, make a read and punish BIG. Yet, only worthwhile if it worked. :(

The only buff i honestly feel GA needs is SLIGHTY (and i do mean slightly) faster loading times on his arrows. There are times when im playing people and i go to load my arrow. I get hit or shot from a distance and it makes the loading sound that the arrow was loaded but it wasnt. Im fine with taking the damage just so long as i get my arrow. Dont make the sound as if i do have it and not give it to me. This has happened a few times. and while i generally do freeze, combo and then load freeze while they are down sometimes when i just load from a distance and i get shot by DS or aquaman uses his trident against me. I just want my arrow to load lol

ando1184

Noob
The only buff i honestly feel GA needs is SLIGHTY (and i do mean slightly) faster loading times on his arrows. There are times when im playing people and i go to load my arrow. I get hit or shot from a distance and it makes the loading sound that the arrow was loaded but it wasnt. Im fine with taking the damage just so long as i get my arrow. Dont make the sound as if i do have it and not give it to me. This has happened a few times. and while i generally do freeze, combo and then load freeze while they are down sometimes when i just load from a distance and i get shot by DS or aquaman uses his trident against me. I just want my arrow to load lol
I've gone through the same problem a few times myself, thanks for bringing that up. I forgot about that one, and the move list says its 0 frames. Man I wish they would fix the frame data already

ando1184

Noob
Ok I was just having a mirror and did freeze jmp 2,111 for super reset and da last 1 hit, on recovery the other GA did super as well. Mine hit but nothing happened, da blast was right on em . Yet his super worked n lost da match. Was it previously stated that GA's super beats GA's super anywhere? Things like this is why I think super could b a little bit better, I've done this to other characters, minus superman, and my super always beat theirs out since I did it first. Does sum1 know why this happened?