What's new

Breakthrough - Goro Goro Lives 2.0

Gurg

Noob
None of it seems BAD at least.. I'll take it!

Being able to save meter now when going low for the 50/50 is awesome.

Apparently all the characters with run cancels are stupid difficult to use now too.

WiseTree

Best Of Worst
Guise, I've devised the bestest corner combo using the changes:

B12U2~U1~U1~U1~U1~U1~U1~U1xxStomp

You are most welcome.

Espio

Kokomo
Curious what @Espio and @AoK Ryan think of the changes
They addressed nearly everything that was complained about by the community. He has Up 1/2, which is a pretty stellar anti-air/anti-cross up at 9 frames. He never has to waste a bar on ex punchwalk because he can confirm it on hit to launch for his big damage, this or punchwalk launching meterless was a huge/big deal and him getting one of the two was a beautiful thing. Tigrar's zoning game was fine and did its job before, but the better fireball recovery is a nice, welcomed addition that makes it much easier for him on the zoning and counter zoning fronts.

Back 1,2 up 2 was another big gripe from the community that got a solid adjustment. Telestomp is faster and safer so while it's not godlike by any means now, at least you now don't have a life time to punish it thankfully.

Jump normals got nerfed and Goro's anti-air got better so if you do the math <3.

Forward 2,1, 4 being able to be cancelled into specials is big and the meterless damage he can get with punchwalk tacked on the end plus meter build is awesome. Before this string was kind of useless compared to forward 2,1, back 2, but with the buff, it's vastly better because Goro can do more damage with it, more tick throws, mix ups etc since he can cancel at all points of the string. I think Goro's run might be slightly faster too.

Dragon Fangs got such a huge overhaul that it's like a new lease for the variation, being able to mb an armor move for plus 12 that also hits low is just plain sick. His mix up game got stronger, his ability to sustain offense etc so FINALLY dragon fangs has a lot of utility.

I won't comment on Kuatan Warrior cause I don't play him.

Overall, this patch addressed most of the core issues Goro was facing. This character is awesome and I am more motivated than ever to keep maining him so I think this patch was a great success despite me originally being a bit ehh on the changes, they were executed well. Now there's no excuse.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I think the changes are great for KW. The mb Punchwalk frees up meter for Ground Pound OTGs on top of all the hit confirms that I was missing out on before so damage is way up, and the small changes to fireball and stomp improve his "full screen mixup" game of stomp/pound/fireball. The mid Chest Lunge is great too, its always felt like it should be mid and rounds out his wakeup and corner game a bit. They did a great job buffing him in a way that compliments the way he already. He plays the way Goro should.

I think he still needs a little more but this has been a great patch for Goro so far

On paper they seem pretty legit, especially KW. I ll go for casuals at GDA today and let you guys know.
If you're able to, spend some time in training mode getting used to anti-airing with u1/2 before playing some real matches. That shit is so legit now (can even anti air Scorpion j3 if you're fast enough).

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Just got back from my casuals. All i have to say for KW Goro is, damn... Extremely solid right now, at least from my first impressions. Finally we have solid AA's with U1/U2 which lead to a shit toan of damage with one bar, really good meter building using f214xxpw, really good whiff punishing with chest lunge, extremely scary up close game with b12u2 since it is now fixed.

Havent checked on Tigrar and DF, but KW is super good right now. I, for one, am happy.

Last edited:
I've been playing Tigrar, because the buff has really made the flameball an unfuckablewith poke.

But after playing against a DF user yesterday, I realised that the range on DF's b12u2 now is a really quite good. Having the best 9 frame mid that launches and is plus on block is no joke.

Going to be hard to decide which variation to go with, lol