What's new

Breakthrough - Goro Goro Lives 2.0

So with all these frames removed from some of the specials, does this make Goro from safe to ridiculously safe? Seems like it rounds him out, even if Stomp/Bolt are not as revered as Punchwalk.

Aside form the lack of my hoped Moon Grab, I like this patch. Dragon Fangs gets more guesswork, Goro's strings are more consistent, and when you want to surprise them with the Green Glob, it won't hurt as much if it fails.

Reactions: GAV
if the Shokan Trip is anything like the normal, it has a rediculously big hit box, when i was using it to presure in the corner i was knocking people out of the air who were trying to jump out with it......

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Goro is still shit, guys...lol. They needed to do something like what they did for Sub Zero to make Goro viable. Goro needs a new move or some shit because #punchwalk is complete garbage. "This character sucks dick! Here's some minuscule 50/50 option! Yeah! From F- tier to F tier!"

nice b8.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Note, I still think he sucks, but he doesn't suck AS much. Having throw immune attacks is pretty dumb.

Things ive found:
b12u2 change makes the b12u2 rc b12u2 really REALLY easy to do now.
f213 stomp is GUARANTEED in the corner AND mid screen as holding forward after stomp input command hits whether they roll or not (mid screen)

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
When I get home tonight I will break this character down even more. I found that his B12U2xxB12U2xxB12U2xSG is alot easier midscreen now.

Really interested in that dragonfang buff, I really want to see how it is as a combo-ender since it is a hard knockdown.

Reactions: GAV

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Things ive found:
b12u2 change makes the b12u2 rc b12u2 really REALLY easy to do now.
f213 stomp is GUARANTEED in the corner AND mid screen as holding forward after stomp input command hits whether they roll or not (mid screen)
Completely guaranteed? That's pretty cool, too bad f2 starts so slow

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
At least play that shit out first.
I'd like Goro to be good. Truly. Unfortunately, NRS just didn't help him much, nor did they design him very well. I mean...maybe he's a little better than Sheeva but is that saying much? I still can't consider him viable. Hell, even Commando Kano but some pretty decent help here...and that variation is not good but still strikes me as better than Goro.

Tremor was mid tier and now seems like he's just going to be dumb good.