What's new

General/Other - Goro Goro General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know about the gravity. It's immensely useful for something like AA conversion situations or in the corner. Since it restands, you can still get a njp then a fast normal into command grab.

I have thought something regarding the KW Goro vs KJ Tanya. Since i cannot test it atm, could someone test it for me, for the sake of the Goro bruddahs?

When Tanya is pressuring with the rekka gimmicks, try and interrupt her second or third delayed rekka with chest lunge. We all know what happens if chest lunge trades with anything on the ground. Free full jump in combo. IF it works, this will be game changing for the particular MU and vastly in Goro's favor.
I just tested this and it's only the case if she delays them by a certain amount. Otherwise, long delay/short delay rekkas beat the move clean. You can probably try to fish for this with EX chest lunge when tanya does ex rekkas, but that's also pretty dodgy.

basically, no.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I just tested this and it's only the case if she delays them by a certain amount. Otherwise, long delay/short delay rekkas beat the move clean. You can probably try to fish for this with EX chest lunge when tanya does ex rekkas, but that's also pretty dodgy.

basically, no.
Well, better use ex pw than ex cl then, since it provides a full combo for Goro. Ty for testing it Red.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I was thinking.. why doesn't Goro take half chip damage? He blocks with 4 arms, vs. the rest of the cast who block with 2. Also imagine if s1 did like 4% damage... man.
If the game was balanced right Goro would be OP because he has at least two more arms than the rest of the cast.

You can't really beat multiple sets of arms, unless maybe you have a big dumb/cool wooden sword with a bunch of rock glass on it.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Whats the general idea for the MU against SR Takeda? It seems reaaaaally hard for Goro to get in. I might be approaching the MU wrong, but still, it seems hard as hell to win against SR Takeda.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Whats the general idea for the MU against SR Takeda? It seems reaaaaally hard for Goro to get in. I might be approaching the MU wrong, but still, it seems hard as hell to win against SR Takeda.
Yeah, it's hard you pretty much have to make a prediction and just EX PW in, but if Takeda baits it GGs for Goro. It is not fun at all. I need to run a very long set with a Takeda player and learn it.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Yeah, it's hard you pretty much have to make a prediction and just EX PW in, but if Takeda baits it GGs for Goro. It is not fun at all. I need to run a very long set with a Takeda player and learn it.
I ve been playing it with Nivek and man, its tough as hell. Goro's ass mobility and slow normals are not helping at all. Plus the dmg output of SR Takeda is stupid af. 50% combos with two bars, plus he throws you fullscreen again and he is safe as hell.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I ve been playing it with Nivek and man, its tough as hell. Goro's ass mobility and slow normals are not helping at all. Plus the dmg output of SR Takeda is stupid af. 50% combos with two bars, plus he throws you fullscreen again and he is safe as hell.
Yeah, it is really rough to say the least. I think Goro having a faster F2 or F3 would help tremendously in this matchup, hopefully we get something like that.

Although, I do like the chest lunge reversal so they cannot get the EX Kunai set up going. I take the damage, but it makes the takeda think about blocking my chest lunge or jumping in and getting that psuedo unblockable.

I only use KW, but I think TF may be the way to go in this one.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Yeah, it is really rough to say the least. I think Goro having a faster F2 or F3 would help tremendously in this matchup, hopefully we get something like that.

Although, I do like the chest lunge reversal so they cannot get the EX Kunai set up going. I take the damage, but it makes the takeda think about blocking my chest lunge or jumping in and getting that psuedo unblockable.

I m starting to feel the same way regarding his f3/f2 now as well, especially for certain MU's like this one. That or a better walkspeed. Regarding reversal cl, Takeda has time to block after ex kunai.

This MU seems the hardest i have faced with Goro tbh with you, even harder than Tanya, QC AND KL.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
The amount of screen control takeda has, and especially not having the gaps in the strings anymore really hurts. Like Metzos stated earlier if he wants to spend 2 bars he sends you full screen again.
So Takeda basically is a full counter to Goro then? Like how fundamentally zoners give Goro trouble? Thanks good to know. I just switch characters for MUs like that lol

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Ok although takeda does win the matchup if goro gets takeda in the corner its a rap, as you break his armor, he cant counter poke, and has to basically hold that. I would personally recommend playing kuatan or dragon fangs, as kuatan can punish takedas gaps very well with chest lunge and groundpound and chest lunge prevent back pedaling. Like i said if you get takeda in the corner its a rap.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)

Tigrar is not the way to go as all your projectiles are useless as takedas teleport will punish. Kuatan and dragon fangs are the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.