What's new

Goro And Kintaro And Motaro Oh My!

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Why not Kintaro?
Of the two big and muscly Shokan sub-boss characters, Goro just has a lot more going on for him. He's a story prevalent character, he's the more popular of the two, and it's almost like NRS just doesn't like Kintaro all that much.

Should Kintaro return though, I hope they do something cool with him. Have him step out of Goro's shadow, do something unique with him, give him a reason to be in the game instead of Goro!

Emanuel

Noob
Of the two big and muscly Shokan sub-boss characters, Goro just has a lot more going on for him. He's a story prevalent character, he's the more popular of the two, and it's almost like NRS just doesn't like Kintaro all that much.

Should Kintaro return though, I hope they do something cool with him. Have him step out of Goro's shadow, do something unique with him, give him a reason to be in the game instead of Goro!
Why not have Goro and Kintaro? Kinda like subzero and Scorpion

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I think the best we can hope for is that Motaro shows up in Shao Kahn's Fatal Blow/Fatality

There's absolutely no way he'll ever be playable again. He's too much work and he isn't popular enough

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I would love to see Kintaro make his return. Motaro too but we know that's never going to happen, at least not in a way that satisfies the people that actually like him aka taking away his hind legs.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
If we get a Shokan as DLC, I hope it's Sheeva. She deserves to not be a joke. Queen Sheeva in the MKX comics was Bad. Ass.

Even though it's borderline impossible to even make him a boss these days, I'd still love to see Klassic Motaro again.

Goro would be cool, Sheeva would be cool and I wouldn't mind Kintaro either so long as it's MK2 Kintaro and not Fluffy The Terrible from MK9 or Goro with Stripes in Armageddon.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Kotal Kahn is the size of Kintaro now. Raiden is huge. I agree that at least one Shokan needs to show up though. I’d like sheeva or a new shokan. Dead goro in the background needs vengeance.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Even though it's borderline impossible to even make him a boss these days, I'd still love to see Klassic Motaro again.

Goro would be cool, Sheeva would be cool and I wouldn't mind Kintaro either so long as it's MK2 Kintaro and not Fluffy The Terrible from MK9 or Goro with Stripes in Armageddon.
MKII Kintaro was terrifying. A giant, no-neck having muscle monster.

If they bring Kintaro back he needs to be as tall as Kotal and as thick as Torr

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
I really love the Shokans. Would be fully on board for a Goro or Kintaro. But chances seem slim. Especially base roster.

I like all the Shokan characters, but Kintaro is my favorite. It's a bit of a love/hate relationship though because I like the potential he has as a character in both lore and gameplay but he's just never really been given enough love by NRS. If they gave him a more modern yet familiar design and a moveset that's more in-line with him being half tiger, (examples: pounce command grab, claw swipes, charge and maul, etc.) he could finally step outside of Goro's shadow and become just as respected in my opinion.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Absolutely. Motaro particularly. I do not care about it.. some creative design and it could work. They just have to want to do it.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
Kintaro definitely needs to be playable. Goro was kinda underwhelming in MKX but with the grounded nature of MK11 a big boss character would be really sick

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
I always preferred Goro's design over Kintaro's. I liked that he wore wraps on his feet like an actual martial artist. Made him look like he's actually capable of throwing some dextrous attacks out like a roundhouse kick. But since Goro was in X and we haven't seen or heard from Kintaro like, ever, i would welcome him in 11, though i doubt he'll be in.

I love Motaro but he will literally never been in a 2D Mortal Kombat again.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I'm a fan of Goro, the more playable appearances the better.

What would Motaro look like in a modern MK game? Can't be juggled, can't be fatal blow'd, can't be fatality'd, would armor thru projectiles....