What's new

Question GOOD Doomsday footage?

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Just curious if anybody has a link to a stream or video of somebody using Doomsday who isn't just jumping around like an idiot? I figure that because Art and a few others have been given early copies by NRS and given the green light to stream, it is ok to talk about and link their streams (if there is some Doomsday footage)?

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I haven't seen any yet unfortunately. And I spent all my time the other night on the full version with black Adam. I'm still pretty in the dark on all his capabilities.

When GGA Streams the night the game comes out I will be all Doomsday. But I will probably be jumping around like an idiot :)

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
When GGA Streams the night the game comes out I will be all Doomsday. But I will probably be jumping around like an idiot :)
Ya but at that time I will have the game and be in the lab lol....Most of what I wanted to see in a stream has been answered by friends who have a copy of the game already.... lets just say quan chi strings all over the place lol.... and dat shoulder charge....hits on mid LOL

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
We just finished up a local tournament here and we had it streamed. In this stream there are a few players to take a look at how their play their respective characters. I play Doomsday and other players that were really interesting to watch are Wholio, Ryan and Bass who play Hawkgirl, GL and Cy

http://www.twitch.tv/pinglh/b/396648501

Anything you guys would recommend for me to critique the Doomsday gameplay I'd appreciate it

50:16
1:55:15
2:40:15

We just finished up a local tournament here and we had it streamed. In this stream there are a few players to take a look at how their play their respective characters. I play Doomsday and other players that were really interesting to watch are Wholio, Ryan and Bass who play Hawkgirl, GL and Cy

http://www.twitch.tv/pinglh/b/396648501

Anything you guys would recommend for me to critique the Doomsday gameplay I'd appreciate it
What time does your doomsday appear?

Oops sorry about that

50:16
1:55:15
2:40:15

You will find that GL has a excellent counter to Doom Power
POSITIVES:
Good use of Power
Good use of F2,3
Good use of MB shoulder to push to the corner
I like your D1 into ES. I use that a lot
Nice Mixup with throws
Good use of dashing to close the distance when opponent is knocked down

BE CAREFUL OF:
Using 1,2,3 after a blocked body splash. The opponent can full combo punish that
Your opponents rarely if ever used wakeup attacks when they were cornered. If they start using wakeups you will have to bait, block and punish

Overall very good job. Keep at it and your Doomsday will be going places.

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
Thanks I'm still learning which strings work best on knockdown. Atm I am really starting to like doing meaty b1 on opponents wakeup, the hitbox seems to reach really low to the ground which seems lower than d1

Best thing about b1 is that its also special cancelable into whatever

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
We had another tournament here in San Antonio Texas and I have some Doomsday footage that I'd like you guys to look over. If you fellas know or familiar with any of these matchups and you notice something please shout out. I'd like some feedback on the character matchups

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzVJqz4QDCU

Grand FInals

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
^^^
Little too obviously disingenuous haha :p
It makes me happy to see Doomsday doing well but if you're going to post videos of yourself rofl stomping unfortunate souls than why not just say so?

If you're looking for an honest 'critique' or want 'help with some match-ups' why not first find players that are a little well versed with the game and against Doomsday that don't just sit their and eat nearly every mix-up that gets thrown at them.

cyke_out

Noob
Just arm chair quarterbacking, I bet nothing I am going to say is news to you.

You threw your opponent out of the corner, he was just turtling as your railed on him and then you throw him out of the corner giving him a chance to escape. Next time when you throw always try to do it toward the corner. Doomsday hates chasing people down, it just makes him angry and the running people just die tired.

You did a few combo's that weren't the best use of meter, such as using one bar to finish the first life bar when a meterless option would have worked. Doomsday is so meter dependent, I try to make it last so i have it on tap when needed.

You steamrolled them, so you are were doing something right. Which makes it hard to give any deeper critique.

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
I understand and I can definitely see where it would be hard to offer any advice for the sets that were run. I am trying my best to learn what I can from the Doomsday forums and apply it to my game.

Throwing my opponent out of the corner is a setup for the MB Air Venom to cross up and put them back in corner in hindsight it does give them a free out of they jump so now I think I'll just do the setup midscreen

It is a habit of mine to use meter to kill off the opponent I'm unsure if that's the best practice to use with so I think I'll test that out a little more in the future.

Seriously thanks again guys for the advice.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
GGA Jeremiah, you got any links to your match footage on you? Saw some a bit ago and really liked what I was seeing but don't want to go digging.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Toryuken tournament from last week maybe archived with GGA Jeremiah's Doom. I think it was twitch.tv/toryukentoptiers and twitch.tv/rolstein (or something). Youtube would probably atleast have the grand finals. I cant check cause its blocked at work :-(.

Toryuken tournament from last week maybe archived with GGA Jeremiah's Doom. I think it was twitch.tv/toryukentoptiers and twitch.tv/rolstein (or something). Youtube would probably atleast have the grand finals. I cant check cause its blocked at work :-(.
been looking for those matches but i cant find them. neither of those channels exist either ;)