What's new

Question Going to get snowed in tomorrow. Which character should I give an honest try at learning all day?

Which character to choose?

• Total voters

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Looks like it's going to be Raiden. Should be nice to play a character with an excellent backdash and even better footsie and pressure tools.
Just stay with Kenshi, u already have some time in there and his walk back speed is just as good as a back dash lol. Plus, then you won't have to go to Kano against Sonya next time.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Plus, then you won't have to go to Kano against Sonya next time.
lol what am i reading.

Kenshi is a good alt no doubt. If you have time vested in him already, maybe spend today exploring his game more deeply. If you're looking for something new altogether, try Rain, Sektor or Freddy. Happy Holidays!

9_Lives

Noob
I voted for Sektor. He's a character that requires skill to use/fight against involving timing, spacing, and reads. Weird combos which are awesome because you can analyze whether you want to go for damage, wake up pressure, or set them up standing with a flamethrower. Very versatile. Can rush and zone like a boss. Beastly corner game. Anti zones really well when played correctly.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Sektor! We don't see enough high-level Sektor and that character feels very underrated.

I mean, you could force the return of the Weekly Sektor Community Blowup! That alone is worth it.

McNasty

Moist.
I voted for kitana as a fellow smoke player she is as good as it gets for a similar feeling alt. Her counterpoke set ups are awesome with safe jumps into whatever. Also hit confirming her anime-esque big damage combos feels great.

Man, these votes are all across the board. Yesterday my efforts were devoted to Rain and Raiden. Raiden is a bit more fun but he feels limited in the footsie game just because he's so slow, everything he does is space-based, can never beat somebody out on sheer speed... then again I guess 1 day isn't a representative look at him at all and I'm not using teleport well yet.

Rain seems more solid with that godlike standing 4 of his, but his d3 REALLY confuses me due to how long the recovery is on it... I'm used to being immediately able to do something else with smoke, but with rain you've gotta wait a split second before you can input anything, even on hit.

I suppose that, based on the votes, Kitana should be next for me... I am not looking forward to this :(