What's new

Question Going to get snowed in tomorrow. Which character should I give an honest try at learning all day?

Which character to choose?

• Total voters
Check the poll for the characters I'm willing to try. I currently main Smoke and alt both Kenshi and Kano, but they are both very low level and basic. Tier position/matchup covering is meaningless to me. Just looking for a fun alt and a project for tomorrow to keep me occupied and maybe learn a few things while I'm at it.

If you vote I'd appreciate a short explanation why you chose that character as well :)

Happy Holidays, TYM

Glass Sword

Nobody
If you are looking for a fun character to play learn Scorpion. He is blast to play because the only way to play him is to give zero fucks. What would normally seem like a bad idea on another character is a great idea. Unsafe 50/50 as a footsie too great, 111 spear go for it, and my favorite d1 spear as a counter pole. Just say YOLO and live life on the edge since it is their ass or your ass.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Once you pick Kitana and learn how she plays the game becomes 90001x easier. You learn how to space, whiff punish, and do nifty damage conversions all in one combo!

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Saving her for when I get my hitbox all squared away. Currently having some technical difficulties so I'd hate to get used to her on pad.
Skarlet's timing is head timing. It's mental music, not finger precision. The hand stuff is important but it's always 'the feel' that I come back to. I've played her though 3 controllers, a te sf stick, a homemade hitbox, and an official hitbox. Everytime I switch devices it makes me more confident in that rhythm in my head. Every time I change controllers I get more confident. I'm not sure what this advice is... I'm drinking, its Christmas lol. Cheers bud! I hope your new character works out, hit me up on xbl to test on my skarlet if you'd like :)

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

Smoke's resets are the same for me. I've switched pads and systems and monitors so much that they're just a rhythm in my head now that works independently of everything else. But that's taken me quite a long time to develop, not sure that's something I could handle with a day 1 skarlet :)

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
Rain. Once you get good with Rain and over run people with 50% mid screen uppercut Bnbsswag, and throw out 4Rh like a mad man, you will love him =)

Owerbart

I miss you
Ermac has simple execution if you struggle with it due to changing pads. It's also a well rounded character with no impossible MUs, as well as having so much hidden potential.

But on the other side, why not taking rain? I'm the first one to say that the char looks overrated, but on the other hand there are few true Rain mains and you may catch people off guard.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
I also wanted to cast a vote for Skarlet, but it wasn't up there so I put Sektor instead. I've been casually putting a bunch of time into him because I find his footsies game really intense and cool.