What's new

Going Sherlock on the DLC

Lokheit

Noob
So differently gendered skins? They would have to have the exact same hitboxes though. And dialogue so far has not been tied to skins. Very curious.
Honestly, all those lines IMO are from classic Nightwolf, he's just revealing some lore of past nightwolves.

It might be a preparation for future MK games having a different one though. We know a female used Kenshi's sword in the past for example, so maybe if they ever make a game about the Great Kung Lao tournament some of these are present there.

Honestly, all those lines IMO are from classic Nightwolf, he's just revealing some lore of past nightwolves.

It might be a preparation for future MK games having a different one though. We know a female used Kenshi's sword in the past for example, so maybe if they ever make a game about the Great Kung Lao tournament some of these are present there.

I agree with you mostly, but there are a couple of those lines where Characters that would recognize our classic NW either don't recognize him or are posing questions that seem to imply they don't recognize him.

Sub Zero: "As Grey Cloud, you dishonored your tribe."
Nightwolf: "That's in my past, Sub Zero."
Sub Zero: "Keep it there."
This is not the NW named Grey Cloud. Which is clearly the NW that Sub knows.
But is still iffy since NW says "my past" unless the Nightwolf 'spirit/mantle' or something is talking like a symbiote.

Nightwolf: "My ancestors speak harshly of you."
Shang Tsung: "I've put down Nightwolves before."
Nightwolf: "You'll find I'm a new breed."
Our Male Nightwolf and Shang Tsung would have met before.

Jade: "What powers did your Great Spirit give you?"
Nightwolf: "Fight me and find out."
Jade: "Invitation accepted, Nightwolf."
Jade is unsure what this Nightwolf's abilities are. Implying she's never seen them before.

As I said though, this could be quite a reach, since due to all the timeline craziness, certain meetings in the past may have never happened.
So I get it. It's totally kind of a tinfoil.

So differently gendered skins? They would have to have the exact same hitboxes though. And dialogue so far has not been tied to skins. Very curious.
We could have a less buff than the typical male for our Male Nightwolf (think of the Kollector's body size), and a large female frame for our Female Nightwolf.
Then their hitboxes could match. Still reaching here, but I just think this would be really cool.

Lokheit

Noob
I agree with you mostly, but there are a couple of those lines where Characters that would recognize our classic NW either don't recognize him or are posing questions that seem to imply they don't recognize him.

Sub Zero: "As Grey Cloud, you dishonored your tribe."
Nightwolf: "That's in my past, Sub Zero."
Sub Zero: "Keep it there."
This is not the NW named Grey Cloud. Which is clearly the NW that Sub knows.
But is still iffy since NW says "my past" unless the Nightwolf 'spirit/mantle' or something is talking like a symbiote.

Nightwolf: "My ancestors speak harshly of you."
Shang Tsung: "I've put down Nightwolves before."
Nightwolf: "You'll find I'm a new breed."
Our Male Nightwolf and Shang Tsung would have met before.

Jade: "What powers did your Great Spirit give you?"
Nightwolf: "Fight me and find out."
Jade: "Invitation accepted, Nightwolf."
Jade is unsure what this Nightwolf's abilities are. Implying she's never seen them before.

As I said though, this could be quite a reach, since due to all the timeline craziness, certain meetings in the past may have never happened.
So I get it. It's totally kind of a tinfoil.
Many of these are similar to how some other characters speak about each others abilities.

The "as Grey Cloud" line I always read it as "as your previous identity" (same as Sub-Zero used to be Tundra) when NW was a wasted native that was so down he almost became Black Dragon for money.

Many of these are similar to how some other characters speak about each others abilities.

The "as Grey Cloud" line I always read it as "as your previous identity" (same as Sub-Zero used to be Tundra) when NW was a wasted native that was so down he almost became Black Dragon for money.
I'll give you that point as the more likely option.
Either way, I'm pretty amped for more characters, and I haven't even touched 3/4 of the base roster. lol.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I would love to have Ermac and Sektor, Cyrax and Smoke but I don't think they'll get in this time sadly. Though I am excited AF for Fujin and Terminator. I don't really care much for Ash.
Boon said NO npc.
I guarantee sektor and Cyrax will be dlc. or at least one of them

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Boon said NO npc.
Yeah but if they get put in he'd be breaking his own rule lol. They were NPC's but so is Ermac, he's just in the krypt dead on a spike lol. But death means nothing in MK lol.

Afumba

Noob
Yeah but if they get put in he'd be breaking his own rule lol. They were NPC's but so is Ermac, he's just in the krypt dead on a spike lol. But death means nothing in MK lol.
That Krypt Ermac is an imposter, look at how he looks... cheap as s homemade costume :D

Anyways... At best one Ermac is dead... with the timeline merge there should be two. Also who knows where in time the Krypt truly is. There is also dialogue indicating that Ermac is alive.

I too believe Cyrax and Sektor will be DLC at some point... you could fight them in story and they have full assist konsumables like only roster character do.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Boon said NO npc.
I've seen this mentioned a few times, but I can't recall him saying it. I remember the sound designer that said we probably wouldn't get them because of how annoying people got about MKX npcs, but did Boon actually said anything?

I wish they've completely abandoned guest characters (out of all of them so far only Predator didn't feel out of place) and instead gave actual MK characters. I mean sure, Spawn or Terminator sounds cool but I would rather have even most obscure MK characters.

edit: woops, double post :C

Last edited:
Anyways... At best one Ermac is dead... with the timeline merge there should be two. Also who knows where in time the Krypt truly is. There is also dialogue indicating that Ermac is alive.
It doesn't matter what's in the Krypt - there's Kano's skeleton sitting at a table in Goro's lair. Krypt is more of a fan service than anything else I would assume.

Boon said NO npc.
And in another interview for GameInformer (166 Rapid-Fire Questions With Mortal Kombat 11's Ed Boon) asked about this "rule" said it's not true. Don't ask me for timestamp tho, can't be bothered to listen through that second time.

mook

Noob
Boon himself never said no NPCS though? I thought some story writer said "We heard the backlash in X about it and we‘ll consider doing it again in MK11"?

Least thats what I remember.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
That Krypt Ermac is an imposter, look at how he looks... cheap as s homemade costume :D

I too believe Cyrax and Sektor will be DLC at some point... you could fight them in story and they have full assist konsumables like only roster character do.
Yeah, the story was sweet and I have gotten Cyrax's net as a konsumable. Ermac kind of looked like a mix between Deception Ermac(done quick+ MK X Ermac) and I'm trying to figure out, ok Kenshi at least dead for a while in the cave lol. But Ermac WTF was he drunk just falls off the pit onto a spike? My reaction to that when I found him was:

lol first was like :eek:
Then was like who the hell is that dumb to fall into the pit?!:D
Then was like once I found out up close.:mad::mad: NRS punked the telekinetic characters!! But I don't believe that would kill him anyway lol he's already dead lol. Who said that he was alive though, someone's intro? Hope so, he'll be back! He's like right behind Scorp and Sub, he's awesome.

Yeah, I'm thinking the cyborgs will be DLC for sure or at least once of them not that imposter twit Frost lol