What's new

Going Sherlock on the DLC

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Anyways... At best one Ermac is dead... with the timeline merge there should be two. Also who knows where in time the Krypt truly is. There is also dialogue indicating that Ermac is alive.
Except if that's Past Ermac. Then present Ermac is dead too.

lol the way they handled time travel was so shitty

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I don't think Ermac is dead in terms of the canon, since Ermac is already dead lol. I think well OG timeline everyone technically is "dead" but the second timeline we know, most are alive except for some people confirmed dead. Ermac's MK X arcade ending we don't know if it's canon or not, we'll hopefully get more answers once Shang hits officially. Cause he was drained of some souls but not dead. The krypt obviously isn't canon though to the main story. I wouldn't say the time travel thing was handled shitty, but for the casual I can see how that would be confusing lol. Endgame style was such a copout lol.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Three keys? Three doors? Three kombat packs?

Chaos Door.

Chaos. Door.

(sigh) If this game doesn't give me a heart attack, nothing will.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Ermac is dead, isn't he? Shang Tsung consumed his souls. And really, does it matter? Everyone dies in Mortal Kombat and comes back. Sonya has died...three times? And returned.

Afumba

Noob
It doesn't matter what's in the Krypt - there's Kano's skeleton sitting at a table in Goro's lair. Krypt is more of a fan service than anything else I would assume.

And in another interview for GameInformer (166 Rapid-Fire Questions With Mortal Kombat 11's Ed Boon) asked about this "rule" said it's not true. Don't ask me for timestamp tho, can't be bothered to listen through that second time.
Thats what i tried to say in a subtile manner :)

Afumba

Noob
Yeah, the story was sweet and I have gotten Cyrax's net as a konsumable. Ermac kind of looked like a mix between Deception Ermac(done quick+ MK X Ermac) and I'm trying to figure out, ok Kenshi at least dead for a while in the cave lol. But Ermac WTF was he drunk just falls off the pit onto a spike? My reaction to that when I found him was:

lol first was like :eek:
Then was like who the hell is that dumb to fall into the pit?!:D
Then was like once I found out up close.:mad::mad: NRS punked the telekinetic characters!! But I don't believe that would kill him anyway lol he's already dead lol. Who said that he was alive though, someone's intro? Hope so, he'll be back! He's like right behind Scorp and Sub, he's awesome.

Yeah, I'm thinking the cyborgs will be DLC for sure or at least once of them not that imposter twit Frost lol
Yea, especially someone that can fly... everything about that is stupid, but hey they needed his amulett for the soul-lootboxes :D

They are two conversations if i remember correctly that indicate him being around...
One is between Jax and Jade, not sure about the other atm.

Except if that's Past Ermac. Then present Ermac is dead too.

lol the way they handled time travel was so shitty
Yea, but if it was past Ermac would Jax get his arms back? :D Technically it could be one of who know how many Ermacs... Kronika messed around alot or it might even be a complete alternate time altogether. Yea, the timetravel stuff is utter bs lol

Ermac is dead, isn't he? Shang Tsung consumed his souls. And really, does it matter? Everyone dies in Mortal Kombat and comes back. Sonya has died...three times? And returned.
That ending wasnt canon, just a tower ending.

Technically Sonya should be alive, Kronika turn time back to save the NR castle... this should have undone hee death too.

But as you said its MK, everyone is always around. Besides... At the end of story mode everyone but Liu + Kitana/Raiden is dead anyway lol

Afumba

Noob
Apparently pre-match dialogue from Shang Tsung indicates he has Jerrod's soul, make of that what you will!
I give you that one, but Shang is DLC so not really canon. Without a story DLC Shang is dead so he cant cononically kill anyone. Even assuming it is, who knows from which Ermac in which timeline he got it and from which timeline Shang Tsung is.

I stick with him being alive. :)
As said, the discussion is mood anyway as beside of 2/3 characters everyone is gone at the end of MK11.

MKF30

He didn't die in his ending, but he was weakened with less power. We didn't actually see Ermac die(but this is also assuming his ending is canon) most arcade endings aren't remember. Ermac is made up of 10,000 souls. Shang could have just stolen some of them but not necessarily all of them.

3 times? Think it was twice she died, once with original timeline MK Armageddon where everyone did except for a few lol and then in MK 11.

Yea, especially someone that can fly... everything about that is stupid, but hey they needed his amulett for the soul-lootboxes :D

They are two conversations if i remember correctly that indicate him being around...
One is between Jax and Jade, not sure about the other atm.

Yea, but if it was past Ermac would Jax get his arms back? :D Technically it could be one of who know how many Ermacs... Kronika messed around alot or it might even be a complete alternate time altogether. Yea, the timetravel stuff is utter bs lol

That ending wasnt canon, just a tower ending.

Technically Sonya should be alive, Kronika turn time back to save the NR castle... this should have undone hee death too.

But as you said its MK, everyone is always around. Besides... At the end of story mode everyone but Liu + Kitana/Raiden is dead anyway lol
Nice, I play Jade a little bit but haven't played many Jax's to hear that but that's good to hear lol. Yep, same lol like Ermac can fly and he just randomly falls in the pit lmao...

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
3 times? Think it was twice she died, once with original timeline MK Armageddon where everyone did except for a few lol and then in MK 11.
Didn't she die at the end of Deadly Alliance? I'm sure Onaga resurrected her and the others to fight for him in Deception. Armageddon, as you said. And MK11.

1. Data mining is cool and all but how does it happens that companies constantly leave files behind leading to future DLC? Strange.
Asidef from that if it happens so often why wouldnt some company for once used it to theirs advantage and misguided peoples a little?
2 Many characters have various types of assists. I also suspect that ones which are mentioned in items description "Stryker throws three granades at opponent" but doesnt show on screen have less chance to become DLC but... Does it truely change so much when character helps you from bhind the screen instead of showing up? Sure characters which are already in the game assist only through showing up on screen but it doesnt have to be rule.
3.Shang Tsung is Evil Sorcerer (TM). Why do so many peoples assume that events and things seen in the crypt have to be true? What if Evil Sorcerer put some illusions in there? Evil sorcerers tend to be deceptive. FACT.
4. From story point of view and as boss fight I like Shang Tsung so I'm hapy that he is confirmed as DLC but I have to say I hope he wont have morphing ability because I dislike idea of somebody who impersonates other characters fully with their entire movelists. I hope morphing will be saved for his cinematics or lefted unused.

Last edited:

MKF30

Didn't she die at the end of Deadly Alliance? I'm sure Onaga resurrected her and the others to fight for him in Deception. Armageddon, as you said. And MK11.
In Deception's beginning it said that Earthrealm's warriors/Raiden's warriors failed to stop the Deadly Alliance from resurrecting Onaga, but didn't confirm that everyone was "dead" per-se. In MK Armageddon everyone practically died lol the last two were Shao Kahn and Raiden, Shao Kahn had gained insane power from killing Blaze and taking his power. I'm sure no doubt this was also after the fact that we see Raiden fighting Liu Kang and killing him on the pyramid before taking on Shao Kahn, and of course changing time to MK 9's timeline through MK 11.

In Ermac's ending which appeared canon, it confirms that Cage, Kitana, Sonya, Jax and Kung Lao were enslaved/mind controlled by Onaga doesn't say anything about them being dead and resurrected however.

Or just 1 variation female and 1 male with different hurt and hitboxes.
Could be a thin male nightwolf, muscularly built more like the Kollector. And an above average sized female. So they could have very similar or the same hitboxes.
Again, though. The more I consider it all, the more I realize the theory is really reaching.

4. From story point of view and as boss fight I like Shang Tsung so I'm hapy that he is confirmed as DLC but I have to say I hope he wont have morphing ability because I dislike idea of somebody who impersonates other characters fully with their entire movelists. I hope morphing will be saved for his cinematics or lefted unused.
I hope they do put morphing in, but it would be for non-tourney variations. The morph special can take 2 slots in the kustomize menu. You get to pick which character you morph to. You only get that characters base move set, no variation moves. This gives us the fun of his morphing, without getting an overpowered character to morph to. By using 2 slots, it really reduces Shang's own moveset.

Also by keeping it out of tourney variations, it keeps you from having Shang & counterpick.