What's new

Tech GL's Damage Output

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Speaking of his gatling gun, I'm wondering how crazy that's going to be as an oki tool, since it lasts so long and does so much chip. You'd think anytime he knocked his opponent down, he could unleash a flurry of hard light bullets just as they started to wake up to keep them locked down and eating chip.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Supermans super once did 53% damage

It does 38% now.

I think that some characters get too much damage too easily. Deathstroke does two kicks and an aerial slash thing... for 30%. That's just a string into a special. Too much.

Hope they tune it down in general.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

It does 38% now.

I think that some characters get too much damage too easily. Deathstroke does two kicks and an aerial slash thing... for 30%. That's just a string into a special. Too much.

Then again... not all of them get nerfed.

Kitana, Ermac, Smoke, Cyrax. etc (even though they tried to nerf smoke and cyrax lol)

I hope they keep GLs ... I wanna play a broken damage character for once! lol

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!

Kitana, Ermac, Smoke, Cyrax. etc (even though they tried to nerf smoke and cyrax lol)

You should play MK vs DC.

GL is broken as hell in that one.

Error

DF2+R2

I don't know about Smoke and Cyrax, but Ermac and Kitana's damage was toned down.

He used 2 bars for that combo. He used 1 at the start, and he used another for the wall-bounce.

And then another bar with dat double gatling I guess regular into EX for chip?

anyways, he wasted like 3 bars to do all that damage.

(only 2 for the combo itself)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
He used 2 bars for that combo. He used 1 at the start, and he used another for the wall-bounce.

Yeah and I think 30% of it came from the clash, the very next move he did took out a huge chunk of life. So the clash is what gave that 51% combo so much damage.

Jeddite

Soul Kollector

Agreed. If you watch it again, you can see that most of the dmg wasn't from the GG. Infact, the GG did relatively little dmg until Flash stopped blocking and Lantern metered for a second volley.

Yeah and I think 30% of it came from the clash, the very next move he did took out a huge chunk of life. So the clash is what gave that 51% combo so much damage.
Do you get debuffed for winning a clash or something?

EDIT:
Flash won the Clash,

GL just came back used a EX move to "start" his combo. mid combo used a EX move to wall-bounce. And then ended the combo for 51% (Using 2 bars, which isn't unheared of in MK9). And then proceeded with dat gatling gun.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

It does 38% now.

The damage is fine. Arturo's one GL combo used 2 stocks of meter, and netted 51% damage. Which isn't even that unreasonable, considering how many hits he had to do to get it, and he probably could get more. Deathstroke likely doesn't have that lengthy of practical combos, so 30% off of the few hits he does get isn't really that big a deal to me.

A lot of the damage is coming off of using meter and traits, in a number of cases. And tbh, it's fine. I don't mind seeing a game where investing a good chunk of meter nets actual damage. That was an issue with MK9 unless you were Cyrax, Smoke, Jax in the corner, etc. Using meter was never worth it, because the scaling got raped really fast in a lot of cases.

Also, the gatling didn't do that much chip. NerdJosh stopped blocking, so he got hit at the last part.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
The damage is fine. Arturo's one GL combo used 2 stocks of meter, and netted 51% damage. Which isn't even that unreasonable, considering how many hits he had to do to get it, and he probably could get more. Deathstroke likely doesn't have that lengthy of practical combos, so 30% off of the few hits he does get isn't really that big a deal to me.

A lot of the damage is coming off of using meter and traits, in a number of cases. And tbh, it's fine. I don't mind seeing a game where investing a good chunk of meter nets actual damage. That was an issue with MK9 unless you were Cyrax, Smoke, Jax in the corner, etc. Using meter was never worth it, because the scaling got raped really fast in a lot of cases.
See, I think high damage is fine in MK9. But the way breakers and rounds work in IGAU, means that high damage has a LOT more impact than high damage in MK9.

50% with no breaker, is 25% of your entire game.

Takes 4-5 50% combos to win a game.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
See, I think high damage is fine in MK9. But the way breakers and rounds work in IGAU, means that high damage has a LOT more impact than high damage in MK9.

50% with no breaker, is 25% of your entire game.

Takes 4-5 50% combos to win a game.
Man...

Marvel games have no combo breakers, and damage can be infinite at times...but yet MvC2 is among the greatest FGs of all time.

CvS2's damage is pretty intense as well at times. No breakers, either.

KOFXIII is considered the best fighter out atm. No breakers, damage is HIGH AS FUCK.

Virtua Fighter, Tekken, SFxT, etc. The list goes on and on and on...there are plenty of games where the damage is high, without breakers, and this isn't a problem.

Guys gotta step outside of MK9 for a little bit. :/