What's new

Guide - Ruthless Give it a try if you enjoy the struggle [9/01 update: Guide will be completely reworked]

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
The times when b121xx PnG are punishable is when you run cancel PnG and then you get hit, or if you get hit twice somehow during recovery e.g. Windmill Punch or Mileena's f1.

Also yeah, if an X-Ray connects by either player it cancels PnG, just tested that.
ohh yeah, but i rarely RCpng, normally i just build it up on them with continueous pressure and then move into OH/Low 40%+ combo then another 40-49%

but thanks for the heads up... yeahim so glad everyone turned me on to F/T this armor and Buff make F/T so much fun...

How long has she/he had the Armor/Buff on Pain "n" Gain?

did the 8-31-2015 only make the recovery shorter or add the Armor to the recovery?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Does Ferra Torr get some guaranteed blockstrings thanks to pain and gain cancel?
try some of these.

Key:
PnG=Pain And Gain
PnGRC=Pain And Gain Run Cancel
D=Down
U=Up
F=towards
B=away

Xbox One:
1=x
2=y
3=a
4=b

PS4:
1=Square
2=Triangle
3=x
4=Circle

Fightstick/arcade:
1=FP
2=BP
3=FK
4=BK
------------------------------
not exactly true blockstuns but closest ive found so far, hope someone has longer ones they have come up with after patch?
but try these:

B121DD1-RC-F2
11~PNGRC-111
B121~PNGRC-111
B121~PnGRC-B23,2+4 (sometimes i add D1 to land the B2OH its a little slow on startup.)
B121~PnGRC-LB/1+3

Last edited:

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I have been messing around with Ruthless and I believe he is one of the characters I enjoy the most in this game. Way too badass and stylish to not use!

The block pressure is very good. This might be already known but:

4PNG RC is at least +10, 4PNG RC, b1212 is a true blockstring
F2PNGRC is at least +15, F2PNG RC, f2 is a true blockstring! Truly amazing.

Looking at the combo thread I see that the most damaging ones are with NJP after f2, but it doesn't seem too consistent to me.
4xxPNG RC, f2, f3, 11, b121xxdbf1 does 40%, looks pretty good and is easier.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Looking at the combo thread I see that the most damaging ones are with NJP after f2, but it doesn't seem too consistent to me.
It's actually a distance thing. NJP without Ferra is totally consistent after F2 if F2 connects from ~max range. The further away you are when it connects, the less consistent it will be, up to the point that it whiffs every time. Once you get a feel for it, you can decide whether to NJP or not during a match just based on range. Something to keep in mind and test for yourself.

KuralKing

Never forget The Great Ferra/Torr Scare!
Was so excited because now i could possibly use the all red Ferra/Torr alternate costume color.
Tried to do the 1-PnGC-F2 but it didn't feel "natural" to me. i guess i'll stick with vicious, no red in there.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this but B12 PnGRC F2 is significantly easier then trying to do the same thing with B121. Can be useful in certain situations.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Here it is gents!! My attempt at a Ruthless guide. It doesn't really talk about BnB's or optimal combos. It's focusing on set ups, PnG cancels, and anti airs. Let me know what you think!?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
B1~PnGRC - never do this pls
B12~PnGRC +4
B121~PnGRC +1
1~PnGRC - never do this pls
11~PnGRC +4
2~PnGRC -2
F2~PnGRC +15
F3~PnGRC -2
4~PnGRC +13
f2~PnGRC is +16, but otherwise your data is 100% correct, good job.

Also do keep in mind that spacing does change the advantage by as much as +2/-2 in either direction for some moves like b.3 (which you left out and is +5) and f.3

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
B1~PnGRC - never do this pls
B12~PnGRC +4
B121~PnGRC +1
1~PnGRC - never do this pls
11~PnGRC +4
2~PnGRC -2
F2~PnGRC +15
F3~PnGRC -2
4~PnGRC +13
It's a shame that only f2 and 4 give us heavy frame advantage. I rather cancel f2 into db2 and 4 is kinda risky when doing it neutral. I'd love to be a bit more plus after b121 but it's not Really a neccessary change tbh