What's new

Git Gud w/ Red Hood - The Official Red Hood Combo Thread

TehDrugo

Noob
I dont know if this is already known but after ending 4 332 mb you can smash b2 for a meaty setup. Need to find something to cover a backdash too
I tried some setups with a friend to blow up backdash and the far bomb does it pretty good. You can't end it in a trait combo tho, you need to use 112xx far bomb. For what we testes it blows up backdash, if you do air gun shots it's a hard to blockable and the only way to avoid all of this is a delay wake up.

R3VERSE

Noob
How tf are you CONSISTENTLY connecting the throw at the end of your 1 bar combo? Please let me know.
I'm assuming you referring to the 32xxMB Close Mine, B3, Ji3, 32xx4 332(1+3) combo. The key for me has been to delay the B3. This changes how the Ji3 hits and then getting the 32xx4 332(1+3) out as quickly as possible will keep them high enough for the throw to connect. Once you've connected it a few times I think you'll start to get a feel for how much you need to delay the B3 pretty quickly.

Fayaz

Superman and I disagree
I got you man
https://gfycat.com/UnequaledSnoopyGrouper

You can do a variation of that combo with just a standard D2 without it being an anti-air. Granted its insanely unsafe and you probably wont be starting too many combos with D2, but if you can punish and have no meter this might be useful, idk. I really wish he had some sort of meterless launcher that wasn't apart of the bombs. Also that combo was just something random I made up, the point was to show the D2 bomb extension.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.

You can do a variation of that combo with just a standard D2 without it being an anti-air. Granted its insanely unsafe and you probably wont be starting too many combos with D2, but if you can punish and have no meter this might be useful, idk. I really wish he had some sort of meterless launcher that wasn't apart of the bombs. Also that combo was just something random I made up, the point was to show the D2 bomb extension.
Nice! Could have some pretty good uses. I was just trying to find an anti air combo, good to know you can do it from a grounded opponent!

chores

bad at things

this is huge really since it takes his 10f punisher from 230 meterless to 270

TRVP6GXD

Noob
Someone help a brotha out?

Im doing 32,bf1 mb,b3,ji3,32,4,332 MB

I can hit everything but for some reason the last hit of the 332 mb whiffs, its on batman I doubt thats it tho

Am I maybe inputting the mb a tad late?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
off a low mine in the corner, we do a F23 into MB DB2 to convert off a hard to blockable in the corner and loop the setup using 2, 112xx bf1

Cevic

Noob
32xxbf1 mb delay b3 j3 32xxx4332d2 (359.9 on supes) u2 works on end as well same dmg, hard knock down.

Last edited:

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
off a low mine in the corner, we do a F23 into MB DB2 to convert off a hard to blockable in the corner and loop the setup using 2, 112xx bf1
You can also to F3/mine for a hard to block. You'd want the F3 to hit second to you can pop them up to combo.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Here's a mixture of the previous stuff we've been talking about. I'm a better visual learner with this stuff.

You might have to do D1 before F3 so they can't jump out.

You can also D3 sweep into a mine, back into 112-mine setup.

After a 112-mine setup, you can also go into 32-trait combo (overhead or low or throw). This is fun.

Last edited:
Does anyone else find this string inconsistent? Like sometimes it works and other times not? The timing on the JIP3 is really weird, like if you don't time it EXACTLY right the rest of the combo wont work? JIP2 seems more consistent to me and less wonky, and I think there's only like a 1% damage difference.
I thought it was just me. It seems that no matter how late I delay the B3, or when I time the JI3, this combo will not connect properly for me. Usually if a combo is difficult it'll take me about 10 minutes to get the timing down. Hell, even if it's a 1 frame link I can at least get it 3/10 if I'm just starting to learn it. But I think I tried for like 30 minutes straight and the grab ender after 4~332 always whiffed while not even being close to hitting.

I even watch the gif that @Scott The Scot posted and I STILL can't get it to connect. Maybe I haven't found the exact timing yet. But I'm not even sure if it'll be worth it tbh.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Does anyone else find this string inconsistent? Like sometimes it works and other times not? The timing on the JIP3 is really weird, like if you don't time it EXACTLY right the rest of the combo wont work? JIP2 seems more consistent to me and less wonky, and I think there's only like a 1% damage difference.
Yeah its the JI3 that affects the combo. Unlike most characters, Red Hood's actually leaves the opponent floaty for a bit if you hit them high enough up, so its better to hit them up higher, land, then walk forward slightly. The juggles tough, but its possible to get consistent. After awhile you definitely recognize when it will work and when it won't, which goes to show that its possible to get consistent.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Whats his optimal off F3? I've just been doing j1 32xx4 332 1+3, anything better? Also how about D2 (non aa)?