What's new

GGA Max (Bane, Black Adam) vs EMPR Noobe (Doomsday, Flash) and D.R. Gross (Green Lantern, Aquaman)

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Im not trying to diss this game but god its scrubby.

Why is it that Gross is making he right read (which is Bane is going to pressure me on wake up, so ill wake up attack) then why does he still get full combo punished?

Where is the logic in this? Blocks on wake up gets punished, does wake up attack and still get punished?

Time stamp the example.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
On GL wake up. Gross does a lift as a wake up and it should have invinsibility but Bane goes through it like its nothing. And if he blocks he gets punished too.

Im on my phone btw.

If you mean Bane doesn't use armor and just stuffs it then it's not a Bane thing. Lift isn't fully invincible. Stuffing that is extremely difficult so props are in order for Max. Regardless, Gross didn't make the right read. He should have altered the timing on the wakeup or got up another way.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
If you mean Bane doesn't use armor and just stuffs it then it's not a Bane thing. Lift isn't fully invincible.
I get that GLs wake ups are horrible but for the most part it seems to me that a lot of chars ignore wake up attacks in general.

One of the reason I prefer MK9, where if you gets right you get rewarded but if guess wrong you get punished.

coolwhip

Noob
On GL wake up. Gross does a lift as a wake up and it should have invinsibility but Bane goes through it like its nothing. And if he blocks he gets punished too.

Im on my phone btw.
I don't know the specific example but he either armored through it or stuffed it as it's not fully invincible. Nothing scrubby about it.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I get that GLs wake ups are horrible but for the most part it seems to me that a lot of chars ignore wake up attacks in general.

One of the reason I prefer MK9, where if you gets right you get rewarded but if guess wrong you get punished.

I don't know what this means. Gross didn't guess right. Max did.

Wakeup attacks are good in Injustice. The real problem is most players don't understand how the system works and don't delay wakeup or do other stuff on wakeup.

Yeah man, MK9. Where I have to practically just frame out of Johnny Cage's pressure and on successful hit I have to keep guessing in Cage's favor. MK9 where I literally can't wakeup attack out of his d+4 without using a bar to just use EX Ass. MK9 is awesome.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8

Its GL's job to not get put in that position in the first place.

Also @GGA Max @gross can't you mb b3 Bane's kick after the uppercut?

GGA Max

Im on my phone btw.
If he did a MBF3 he would get a full combo on me. Its a guess. Just like any other fighting game.

GGA confirmed incomplete meta. :DOGEThat must be the only logical explanation of why max is still blocking b13 rocket power.

Yeah I know there is a gap. I usually am just paying attention the the b13 gap to armor thru it. If I miss that first gap I usually don't have time to remember to hit the 2nd gap. I might be able to change that in the future.

Its GL's job to not get put in that position in the first place.

Also @GGA Max @gross can't you mb b3 Bane's kick after the uppercut?
Yeah he can.

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
Really great games guys! I have a question for you @GGA Max. Is there a particular reason why used you used 11 or 113 on knockdown in the Bane/Doomsday matches against Noobe? From what I have seen of the video, you got stuffed at least 3 times by his D1 xx earthshaker. The times it worked it seemed like Noobe missed the wakeup timing, and got a regular special.

GGA Max

Really great games guys! I have a question for you @GGA Max. Is there a particular reason why used you used 11 or 113 on knockdown in the Bane/Doomsday matches against Noobe? From what I have seen of the video, you got stuffed at least 3 times by his D1 xx earthshaker. The times it worked it seemed like Noobe missed the wakeup timing, and got a regular special.
Thanks man. If he goes for a MBB3 i break his armor with 113 and get a big combo.

Edit: 113 also beats earth shaker and shoulder on wakeup if timed right.

Last edited:

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
MK9 isnt pefect I know. But aas and wake ups for the most part work.

Where is the read on Banes part? He pretty much just kept pressing buttons on GLs wake up without any real consequence.

GGA Max

Where is the read on Banes part? He pretty much just kept pressing buttons on GLs wake up without any real consequence.
Lets say I think GL will do lift, then I do late armor, I get a knockdown.

If GL thinks I'll do late armor, he can mbb3 and get a full combo.

If I think GL will do a mbb3, I'll do like d1 xx double punch, I get a knockdown.

If GL thinks I'll do a d1xxdouble punch he has to block it (he'll be +5) or he can backdash in the gap.

If I think GL will block, then I'll grab him.

If GL thinks I'll do command grab he can mbb3 or just jump out.

If I think GL will jump out, I'll do normal attacks to start a combo without armor.

If GL thinks I won't use armor, he'll do a lift.

So I am mostly reading if he will do a mbb3, wakeup lift, jump, or block.

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...

good Bane players aren't just pressing buttons they're doing counter reads and basing the type of knockdown pressure on their read of what the opponent will do on wake up, ei command grab if they read a block, 113 if they read mb b3, etc

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

Provide time stamps and Max or someone else can tell you what Gross could have done. Bane's oki is extremely strong but it's not like he literally does whatever he wants and you have no way out.

Thanks for making me defend Bane!

Real rap. Dealing with Johnny Cage or Cyrax's offense isn't any better than Bane. I'd prefer to never play Kitana vs. Johny Cage ever again.
I'm taking cyrax and cage over bane lol, I dnt want to get armored out of my wakeup attacks. That crap is annoying. Hell I was playing DJT the other day and using bane, and obviously his GL is better than my bane but once I knocked him down GG.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Real rap. Dealing with Johnny Cage or Cyrax's offense isn't any better than Bane. I'd prefer to never play Kitana vs. Johny Cage ever again.
If Bane hits you it can mean your life bar. If Cyrax hits you it will mean your life bar.

At least with Bane, you don't have to react in a 3rd of a second to get like you do with Cage.

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
Gross handled the bane match-up PERFECTLY. Gatling gun all day.. Bane is a nightmare when he knocks you down especially in the corner.. @GGA 16 Bit I feel your pain bro.. but dont you ever defend Bane again!! Would you think CW v Bane would be a bit better if CW had 'full screen kitty glitter projectiles 'that are 5 hits and does 8 percent damage on hit and had hit stun like WW mb tiara when meter burned?

Love watching Noobe's doomsday, I don't think he gets enough credit for his movement and spacing. Favorite moments from him during the match:

Whiff punishes (he was getting a lot of whiff punishes after Bane's charge)
Double Punch whiff punish

Command Grab whiff punish

Double punch whiff punish with shoulder barge

Anti-airs in neutral

Noobe's Movement

Some really good matches, Gross has leveled up tremendously also.

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
Lets say I think GL will do lift, then I do late armor, I get a knockdown.

If GL thinks I'll do late armor, he can mbb3 and get a full combo.

If I think GL will do a mbb3, I'll do like d1 xx double punch, I get a knockdown.

If GL thinks I'll do a d1xxdouble punch he has to block it (he'll be +5) or he can backdash in the gap.

If I think GL will block, then I'll grab him.

If GL thinks I'll do command grab he can mbb3 or just jump out.

If I think GL will jump out, I'll do normal attacks to start a combo without armor.

If GL thinks I won't use armor, he'll do a lift.

So I am mostly reading if he will do a mbb3, wakeup lift, jump, or block.
Im printing this and framing it just to have a constant reminder of my options against Bane..lol