What's new

Question Getting the game soon, want to play as Bane but...

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Don't worry about the "tier lists." They're all opinion based anyway. If you like the character then you should play him/her. I'm like you, I like the Joker, and while he may not have all the tools the other characters have, I play him because I like the character.

Bane is an awesome brawler. You really can't place him in a box or give him a distinction. He's flat out scary. There's a ton of information on this character forum that will definitely improve your Bane. And any of us are more than happy to help out in any way possible. So, go pick him up, try out your own play style, then try and implement anything you see on here that you like.

Prepare to lose a lot since people have an almost 2 month head start on the game already. Don't let that bring you down. You can catch up!

I play him on the side and I must admit that he's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be. If you visit the dirty venom thread made by Doombawkz you'll discover some really dirty stuff that can wreck people. If you play your cards right, are patient, make good reads, and just work really hard, you can lockdown your opponent in fear. his venom tricks and wakeup pressure are no laughing matter. He does have some pretty bad matchups that I'm still working on. Green lantern and superman come to mind. Almost forgot. Bane is not too easy to zone either, his friggin dash is crazy, and his backdash is insane too.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Is he even worth it. I'm looking through all these threads and everyone is saying Bane is lowest tier, bottom 5 characters. Now I usually almost play the underdog characters in any fighter, I like playing with a challenge...but is Bane really that bad that I don't even have a chance at this? If that's the case I will go for my already decided secondary, Joker. Thanks guys.
People are saying Bane is low tier cause they don't have the brain power to play him. He's a thinking char. He's not brainless like some of the top chars. Bane has to work a little harder in some matchups. The rest of the cast he is either even w/ or flat out beats. Go to the Bane forums, you will find tech that is very useful that most people posting on TYM are too lazy to read or simply don't know how to apply it. Many top players downplay Bane as well, don't know why. So yes, he's worth picking up, you just have to see if he fits your style or not.

He's worth picking up just to counter-pick Grundy players all day lol

It's funny to think about how much the game changed after only a few weeks. That one guy was in here saying Grundy dominated Bane. I doubt anyone would say it now though.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
He's worth picking up just to counter-pick Grundy players all day lol

It's funny to think about how much the game changed after only a few weeks. That one guy was in here saying Grundy dominated Bane. I doubt anyone would say it now though.
LOL prob one of my favorite MU's right now. WC is so easy to backdash & punish hard. Also love when they try to yolo super and I pop thatlvl 3 venom to counter with F2D~Super, lulz

Just to re-inforce what others have said: Bane is a lot of work. I find that in the matchups against the "high teir" you have to really spend some time practicing to learn the matchup and then during the fights you will need to be reading and adpating. It really isn't the style of the "top" teir of having easy go-to moves and easy BnBs.

This community is really good though and threads like "Dirty Venom" can really make Bane into a wrecking ball.

Find a few good Aqua/Supes/Batman/Sinestro/etc to have on friends list that will spar with you so you can learn those MUs.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
LEGION We as a Bane community channel our power into you! YOU ARE THE BANE LEGION! TAKE OUR POWAH!

\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/
Boys ain't ready for the Venom Spirit Bomb.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
But , remember, REMEMBER... do not spam the raging charge...it works with noobs but not for decent players.
I hate to see random Banes online spamming charge and wake ups all day . Try to have a solid 30-37% BnB , do meaty command grabs, mix the crossups,lows/overheads... pressure....PRESUURE¡¡¡

As a note though about the charge - > noobs. It works amazingly against the randoms who want to spam heat vision and stand up into it on wake up. Or the guys who like to jump everywhere.

But if you use it on them too much we will have them calling for nerfs....better just use d1 to kick their shins to death.