What's new

Question Getting the game soon, want to play as Bane but...

BigC

I'm great in my world.
Is he even worth it. I'm looking through all these threads and everyone is saying Bane is lowest tier, bottom 5 characters. Now I usually almost play the underdog characters in any fighter, I like playing with a challenge...but is Bane really that bad that I don't even have a chance at this? If that's the case I will go for my already decided secondary, Joker. Thanks guys.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Here's one thing I've always done with picking up a game. For the first week, I find my own tech, my own strats, and test out my character. If I like him for a month I'll officially call him my "main". The thing about doing this, by this I mean checking the forums before you even have the game. It really psyches you out in an horrible manner. I have the same scenario with random games. A good example I have is World of Warcraft when I played. I was playing a class called Monk and thought I was gonna be the shit. But I psyched myself out from watching too many streams and I ended up quitting WoW.

Basically what I'm saying is, try him out and see if he's worth it to you.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Is he even worth it. I'm looking through all these threads and everyone is saying Bane is lowest tier, bottom 5 characters. Now I usually almost play the underdog characters in any fighter, I like playing with a challenge...but is Bane really that bad that I don't even have a chance at this? If that's the case I will go for my already decided secondary, Joker. Thanks guys.
Bane is better than joker though...
Honestly, theres a term called "sleeping". People are sleeping on Bane, if you want to learn we have some of the best hivemind you'll find. We will teach you techs, strategy, tricks, everything. After you've spent some time, you care less about where the character stands to other people and more about how surprised they all are when you show them what the real deal is.

BigC

I'm great in my world.
Ok ok, that makes sense. Ill try to get my mind out the "Bane isn't worth it" state. Who knows, maybe I will love the hell out of him.

BigC

I'm great in my world.
Bane is better than joker though...
Honestly, theres a term called "sleeping". People are sleeping on Bane, if you want to learn we have some of the best hivemind you'll find. We will teach you techs, strategy, tricks, everything. After you've spent some time, you care less about where the character stands to other people and more about how surprised they all are when you show them what the real deal is.
Another good point. Sounds like a nice little Bane community you have here.
And I chose Joker simply because I've always loved him as a character in anything. I just find him so awesome. He could be the worst in the game but I would use him simply just the fact he's Joker.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Another good point. Sounds like a nice little Bane community you have here.
And I chose Joker simply because I've always loved him as a character in anything. I just find him so awesome. He could be the worst in the game but I would use him simply just the fact he's Joker.

The Bane community (this is speaking of ignorance of most of the character sub-forums, I heard the Catwoman one was pretty good.) is the best community at sharing info and ideas to each other. They put in the most work in their character by far. They're also the most active from what I've seen.

BigC

I'm great in my world.
That's what I like to see, a nice active group of people dedicated to their character. This is good!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The Bane community (this is speaking of ignorance of most of the character sub-forums, I heard the Catwoman one was pretty good.) is the best community at sharing info and ideas to each other. They put in the most work in their character by far. They're also the most active from what I've seen.
Its so nice of you to notice ;D
Its because we've had to dig ourselves out from the bottom and give people a reason to fear us.
My bane quotes and inspirational topics were okay but nothing beats cold hard resets and 100% venom 2 combos.

regulas

Your Emporer
He's already been buffed once. I would say he's just hard to learn rather then bad, given the games nature he require more match-up specific knowledge I think to win (?), but is perfectly capable of doing so if you know how.

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
Thanks for all these posts guys, not really worried anymore!

Yeah man, we are all one big back breaking family. We make sure that everyone RESPE...no, FEARS Bane. Always know that no matter the matchup, you will always learn something about your character, and you can adapt when you feel connected.

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
Don't forget the Superman forum! Between SatsuiYesHadou, DeathAndHealing, Raynex, and Death among others.

More on topic, Bane is a character that's slept on. I've played a few good ones and felt completely lost as Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Don't forget the Superman forum! Between SatsuiYesHadou, DeathAndHealing, Raynex, and Death among others.

More on topic, Bane is a character that's slept on. I've played a few good ones and felt completely lost as Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern.

I don't check the Superman forums, so I wouldn't know. ;o, that's why I stated I was ignorant when it came to certain forums, but I'm sure you guys have a lot of good shit too. Another good sub forums that's pretty good is Joker's and Deathstroke's. c:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Whats better is he is due for another buff down the road. I won't expect more than that, but after it he should be able to contend with anyone.

If you haven't played the game, the downside of Bane is after he juices with Venom he is extra-vulnerable for a period. So if you pump Venom up to lvl 3, you do extra damage, but once you are in cool-down, you take more damage. The recent patches have lowered the cool-down time significantly. I think lvl 3 cool-down was 9 seconds and now is 6 seconds? Thus, the developers are conscious of the problem with his downside and have already taken steps to fix it. I'm not maining Bane, but I have to say the way that they implemented his trait is really cool. What else could Bane's trait be but pumping Venom, right?

Vagrant

Noob
If there's one thing I've learned over the weekend, its that most of the top players on here especially ones making tier lists, have no clue what the fuck they're talking about.

Play who you want , its not the character that's responsible if you lose.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
He's already been buffed once. I would say he's just hard to learn rather then bad, given the games nature he require more match-up specific knowledge I think to win (?), but is perfectly capable of doing so if you know how.
I'd say he was fixed rather than buffed IMO. But you're correct IMO. First you must learn the fundementals to succeed with him, then the matchups. Bane has to work harder every match just about. I've had several people admit to me that he's scary as hell if you blow them up and even had a few say if you corner them they just about give up. The best thing for me is when I play KOTH/Survivor and I pick him and people laugh at my choice and then get absolutaly bodied and don't even know how it happened. Play it right and you'll break them.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
I've picked Bane up as a secondary character, and I'm surprised by how easily I can do a 40+% combo without even using meter. He requires more patience and better reads than my main, Nightwing, and is a great change of pace. I think you'll really enjoy him.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Gut Face Body Back thats the way we break The Bat!

Seriously though screw tier lists. In ANY game it comes down to player knowledge. In Marvel no one plays Joe, or Rocket Raccoon and what happened? Frutsy shows up from japan playing Joe/Frank/Raccoon and BODIES a whole tourney.

Tier lists are just folks saying who is easiest to pick up and understand and who has the most options. Most and easiest doesn't mean the best. Careful players can play anyone and body you. I've seen Servbot beasts before destroy folks and that is ridiculous. Bane's damage out put is insane. One single combo does enough with him even on a drop that it pretty much turns the tables and he gets armor out the yin yang at lvl 3. Plus he has so much advantage on your wakeup its insane. Learn to block, and read people. Dont try to out slug em with normals or something silly with Bane and you will turn their life into HELL.

Bane is downplayed a ton. Has some of the best comeback potential in the game and by far is under utilized by folks this early. His quicker debuff recovery and dash make him able to run now and deal with things and after only a few matches you'll know when to activate venom so that as a round ends you start back up juuuuuuuust right to be out of debuff.

Play him. He's my back up and he lately has been getting more wins than my Green Arrow online.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters

Legi0n is one of our best banes. Him being around makes me look like the total fraud I am.

Wat! You honor me too much. I shall try to live up to this though and not let the Bane nation down. Hopefully I don't get exposed.

With a name like Legion I would piss my pants if he picked Bane too.
LOL no one seems to care. I've had the name for a long time, only made it because I didn't know what else to use as a GT and my GF at the time suggested it. Actually I fear I don't live up to it enough.

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
LEGION We as a Bane community channel our power into you! YOU ARE THE BANE LEGION! TAKE OUR POWAH!

\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/\(^O^)/