What's new

Getting in and staying in

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
That doesn't work in all match-ups. Zod is not easy enough to use one strategy on the entire cast.

of coarse not, but most of them it does, ground lazer is faster then it seems and punishes some shit you wouldn't think it would, and with 4 different versions its a pretty good move to stop people from trying to stay far away, they will eventually come, and kneel.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
of coarse not, but most of them it does, ground lazer is faster then it seems and punishes some shit you wouldn't think it would, and with 4 different versions its a pretty good move to stop people from trying to stay far away, they will eventually come, and kneel.
hmmm My problems might stem from my under usage of that move. I'll try that today.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The only thing is, though, ground blast doesn't truly cover full screen until MB'd...sorta like GL's mini gun.

Zod seems like a zoner who doesn't really get going and scary until wraith is on the screen. He doesn't seem to have much offense without it, either.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
hmmm My problems might stem from my under usage of that move. I'll try that today.

yes, you need to learn your spacing for where each will hit, and dont forget it is cancelable with dash, and chargeable for a launch, the fact that it's a low hit is just icing on the cake, the meter burn version is awesome too, zod has some nice hard knock down set ups to kill wake ups and force blocking or get free hits with the mb versions.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
The only thing is, though, ground blast doesn't truly cover full screen until MB'd...sorta like GL's mini gun.

Zod seems like a zoner who doesn't really get going and scary until wraith is on the screen. He doesn't seem to have much offense without it, either.
Zod is a trait-fuck/lockdown character.

He also has an interesting shoto-esque meta game where if you try to jump a forceball you get zod charged.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier

think of lazer beam as a low hit from far away, not something that is gonna keep people out, think of it as something to get them moving so you can hit them with your rifle balls or catch them jumping in the air with the sick fast zod charge,

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon

Not sure if you saw the post, but like Raven in Demon Stance, Zod has a hidden variation of his Ground Blast. You can press up after the input and it will indeed go fullscreen, MB actually pushes it to the very edge of the screen.

How does the laser beat invincibility?
MB Ground Blast on someone's wake up actually has so many active frames that there aren't many wakeups that can go through it punish free. Testing it on the entire cast now, will post my notes in my 123 xx thread.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?

he has a fullscreen ground lazer just hold up after db2

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Not sure if you saw the post, but like Raven in Demon Stance, Zod has a hidden variation of his Ground Blast. You can press up after the input and it will indeed go fullscreen, MB actually pushes it to the very edge of the screen.

MB Ground Blast on someone's wake up actually has so many active frames that there aren't many wakeups that can go through it punish free. Testing it on the entire cast now, will post my notes in my 123 xx thread.
whoops didnt read your post

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
He doesn't feel anything like Reptile to me. Just saying lol.

He feels like Rainbow Edition to me with all those projectiles on the screen at once.

Yea I don't see Reptile either. Zod can't throw out naked forceballs like Reptile can, and Zod charge (unless it's instant air) isn't a replacement for Elbow Dash.

His Trait feels very Batman/Sinestro-ish but can't be used anytime unlike those 2.

Basically I'm just lost with this character. I see him as a better version of Lex.

and i think thats why i have some trouble with him his strings a little slow and rifle is hella slow not counting being ull screen and hos only fast standing string is high! but we gotta deal with what we have right? lol

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I'm actually fairly convinced Zod will show as one of the better zoners in the game. Ground Laser (at this stage, anyway) has some fucking utility to it. All the different ranges on it and the pushback is retarded on the MB. I can't begin to describe how fucked you are if you MB at the wrong range or if somebody jumps that shit... basically the whole cast gets max damage for free. But that's what Wraith is for; keep them bitches on the ground.

This character is obtuse anyway. I'm not really surprised that people aren't at 100% with him on day 2.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I'm sure everyone's notice that when trait is out, the opponent usually holds block, what i like to do when fullscreen w zoners is: call trait, db1 slow and dash behind while mashing 4, usually gets me free grabs and pressure, jus takes trait obviously :/