What's new

Getting in and staying in

so after a day FULL of basically non stop training and getting whooped online how does everyone like zod? is he a keeper? or have some of you already decided to give up and kneel!? anyway i have a question for the zod community. i find getting in and staying in a bit of a challenge as of right now. and i just wanna get some ideas on what strings you guys are doing once you get in on someone? and how are you staying in once you've got there? its day 2 so lets step it up! #TeamZod

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
so after a day FULL of basically non stop training and getting whooped online how does everyone like zod? is he a keeper? or have some of you already decided to give up and kneel!? anyway i have a question for the zod community. i find getting in and staying in a bit of a challenge as of right now. and i just wanna get some ideas on what strings you guys are doing once you get in on someone? and how are you staying in once you've got there? its day 2 so lets step it up! #TeamZod
ive been thinking of him as reptile slow force balls, mid balls, fast balls , he has elbow dash lots of ambiguous set ups .. im really lovin zod right now , im goin to a wedding tomoro so wont be able to play him again untill sunday:(

ive been thinking of him as reptile slow force balls, mid balls, fast balls , he has elbow dash lots of ambiguous set ups .. im really lovin zod right now , im goin to a wedding tomoro so wont be able to play him again untill sunday:(
i havent used his rifle to much as a means to rush down ill have to try that. i have you added live so we should play when you get back

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
i havent used his rifle to much as a means to rush down ill have to try that. i have you added live so we should play when you get back
also if u land an mb rifle u can combo after with a fully charged ground lazer then pistol shots or zod charge if u wanna get in

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Hehehe he's perfect for Shazam matchups. I found myself teleporting right under all you Air Rifle happy Zods and putting a thunderbolt through your chest and slamming you onto the floor (
{:<
Yea you guys are new with the character. But I'll keep notes on this guy so those who plan on getting better against Billy will be on notice.
His rifle seems slow enough for me to dash and teleport next to him.
I have a message in my inbox from someone who left after one match.
He said hed rather learn how to...."zone"... On non teleport characters. LOOOOLand he had a Cyborg card so I knew he was a complete lamer

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
If you played mk Reptile you won't have many issues getting used to Zod beside trying to get down applying his stand (a.k.a. trait)

If you played mk Reptile you won't have many issues getting used to Zod beside trying to get down applying his stand (a.k.a. trait)
thats the thing i didnt play him lol but i know how he was used. but injustice is a whole nother thing compared to mk9. dashing with reptile or any mk character for that matter is easier to do then in injustice. so reptilr really didnt have a problem getting in.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
thats the thing i didnt play him lol but i know how he was used. but injustice is a whole nother thing compared to mk9. dashing with reptile or any mk character for that matter is easier to do then in injustice. so reptilr really didnt have a problem getting in.
Reptile used dash behind forceballs in order to make himself safer, the same rule applies with zod. That's what I was getting at for this particular subject.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
I make people come to me,
Agreed. Make them come to you, then pull trait out for reinforcements. Open them up, send them full screen and repeat. I don't see any characters he needs to get in on. Deathstroke will be kinda rough, and maybe Sinestro. But I don't feel like Zod has to "go" anywhere, kinda like Deathstroke or Batman.

Reptile used dash behind forceballs in order to make himself safer, the same rule applies with zod. That's what I was getting at for this particular subject.
exactly now i assume you mean zods regular dash and not his charge because his charge is extremly unsafe.

Agreed. Make them come to you, then pull trait out for reinforcements. Open them up, send them full screen and repeat. I don't see any characters he needs to get in on. Deathstroke will be kinda rough, and maybe Sinestro. But I don't feel like Zod has to "go" anywhere, kinda like Deathstroke or Batman.
there zoning tools are way better than zods though. matter of fact those characters can out zone him.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
exactly now i assume you mean zods regular dash and not his charge because his charge is extremly unsafe.
It depends really but for the most part regular dash is safer. Reptile didn't have a dash as good as zods so it's way more applicable.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

I see no reptile dash!!!!

But yeah, I got the reptile feeling as soon as I saw he could slow, med, fast his projectile and he had the pistol which is like acid spit. lol

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
there zoning tools are way better than zods though. matter of fact those characters can out zone him.
I use Ground Blast in the same way that a Black Adam does to establish zoning, but back dash every now and then to keep them guessing. Pistol is OK for zoning, since it's +1 on block and +15 on hit, so it sets for safe Wraith Summons to assert zoning or give you cover on the way in.

Honestly, play him like Sinestro/Batman. Make them respect trait and fear the options that open up when you have him out. He's only off screen for 9 seconds so it's not like he won't always be there, better than Sinestro's trait with an overhead hold IMO, just on a timer rather than a set amount of hits.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I see no reptile dash!!!!

But yeah, I got the reptile feeling as soon as I saw he could slow, med, fast his projectile and he had the pistol which is like acid spit. lol
He seems pretty solid overall and very familiar. If I like him enough I might main him, but Black Adam is going to be one tough cookie to beat.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
He doesn't feel anything like Reptile to me. Just saying lol.

He feels like Rainbow Edition to me with all those projectiles on the screen at once.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I think staying in kind of goes against the concept of this game. With throws chucking people really far, zoning the way it is, wake up specials to keep people off you and clashes.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
He doesn't feel anything like Reptile to me. Just saying lol.

He feels like Rainbow Edition to me with all those projectiles on the screen at once.
But that was just the way SF2RE was really meant to be played!