What's new

Getting Ermac EVO Ready

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Fuck man.. I think I hit that wall.. I had a terrible showing at a tournament.. If I want to go far I really needa change some shit. Maaaan.. I dropped hella combos and made bad decisions. I really gotta step it up and gain my confidence.

zaf

professor
So ive decided im going to use b2 cancels to move around the screen instead of normal dashing. Seems to be bait for jumping lol. Its also pretty distracting

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
Remember that you can't cancel b2~dash into block so it's kinda risky against chars with fast projectiles or advancing specials.

zaf

professor
Ya im aware. I still seem to be able to react and block properly but in dumb mus or against fast specials like you mention I use it less.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Slow and steady's been winning the race.
You'd be surprised how many people fuck up against Ermac when he starts just pacing.
No blocking, no dashing, no nothing, just slow, patient steps, waiting for even the slightest movement.
Especially against a Reptile or a Quan Chi who have to leave themselves partially open and in danger just to get their attacks off, careful steps means a careful eye on those feet so you can yank them right out of their shoes the second they step wrong-ways. Not even a need to get fancy when even a basic TKS on-reaction combo gets you 30%.

I <3 Ermac.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
zaf alright. So as far as the shang matchup I took your advice and played it like you and I got ok results.. But I found that mid screen was the best for me as far as how I play. One thing we all need to know about shang is that hes very meter dependant. It sets up his skull forest and his keep away game. With this knowledge I believe it is almost necessary to get the first hit bonus. This also goes into fighting against quan chi!
But mid screen im able to handle one ground skill and tkp or fb. Dont get in too close cuz he will fuck u with his frame traps, dont go full screen cuz you could lose the fb war from there. Dont jump in at all! Shang has a beast standing 1 to combo aa and d1 aa to combo. Wat for your opportunity to get in and fuck him uo. Once you have a life lead you can back off a lil to continue your fb war, waiting for the shang player to make the mistake of coming in. this strategy is what I took from my time playing woundcowboy. We need to make sure he understands ermsc isnt a free win. Ever. Not against any of his matchups.

zaf

professor
HIve read those threads and ive read sirlins book called playing to win.

As for the shang mu. I do it strictly to stop him from comboing and to waste meter while I build. Like I said it was all against wound cowboy and this was my most effective strat. Ill try again at mid screen and use more tkp. I just dont want to be anywhere near him as his frame traps hurt ermac.

And holy shit yes shang has an amazing standing 1 aa. Wound never misses.

Also if shang gets a knockdown on you expect an upskull. It will hit you upon wake up and he can continue to pressure. To avoid this tech away.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
HIve read those threads and ive read sirlins book called playing to win.

As for the shang mu. I do it strictly to stop him from comboing and to waste meter while I build. Like I said it was all against wound cowboy and this was my most effective strat. Ill try again at mid screen and use more tkp. I just dont want to be anywhere near him as his frame traps hurt ermac.

And holy shit yes shang has an amazing standing 1 aa. Wound never misses.

Just be careful of armored Soul Steal when dealing against him in midscreen. Other than that its gg.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Just be careful of armored Soul Steal when dealing against him in midscreen. Other than that its gg.
Is ex soul steal faster? Cuz he didnt hit me once wuth it at midscreen, I was able to block it because his air and ground skulls trained me to block. So there was no time where I wasnt blockin after my attack

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Is ex soul steal faster? Cuz he didnt hit me once wuth it at midscreen, I was able to block it because his air and ground skulls trained me to block. So there was no time where I wasnt blockin after my attack

I mentioned the EX Soul Steal cause of the armor properties. He can trade with Ermac's TKP if he does the EX version of SS.

Creepy00

Noob
For those who saw check 's ermac, would you guys say ermac combos endind with an uppercut is a reliable pressure tool or jip setup to follow? Someone should test this out, if i correct then he might some nice setups.

zaf

professor
i missed his matches but saw most of the tourney.
can you explain what he did exactly, im not able to make anything out from what you posted.

Error

DF2+R2
I think he was trying to link uppercut into push, I don't think there was any strategic value other than that.

Creepy00

Noob
i missed his matches but saw most of the tourney.
can you explain what he did exactly, im not able to make anything out from what you posted.
Well basically, he did ermac bnbs 31 ,tele lift, jk, teleport but rather than finishing with 22 telepush he would do an uppercut and immediately rush to the opponent as they recover from the uppercut. So i wondering, if there is a purpose behind it or like Error said, he might ve been trying to link tele push after the uppercut. :/

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Posted this in the Ermac tech thread:

b1~throw. Useful

Its not the end-all be-all of throw setups, but ive had some odd encounters with it.
Ill explain with bullets :eek:

-b114 is safe
-b1~throw is useful (unexpected)
-In my experience: After doing b1~throw enough times, the opponent actually stops blocking (to try and poke out of the grab)
-Ergo, you are able to land b114 in situations that you shouldnt be allowed to
-*Rational thinking ----> Irrational thinking ----> Mind game definition

EDIT: b1~f4 is also a useful setup (thanks to zaf)