What's new

German Magazine has huge MKX feature

There is a difference when a move is -20 and when a move is -60. Not everyone can punish a -20 move.

It's still punishable and it doesn't make much difference on top level, but it does on non-top level and of course online.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
There is a difference when a move is -20 and when a move is -60. Not everyone can punish a -20 move.

It's still punishable and it doesn't make much difference on top level, but it does on non-top level and of course online.
-20 with generous block stun in advance isn't really only punishable on top level. As for online, it really depends.
Point being, KL's spin wasn't hard to punish with majority of the cast.

-20 with generous block stun in advance isn't really only punishable on top level. As for online, it really depends.
Point being, KL's spin wasn't hard to punish with majority of the cast.
I know many people who half of the times fail to punish KL's spin, but they can always punish moves like Scorpion's teleport.

But I agree, on a certain level and above spin is easily punishable. I'm just trying to explain that -20 is different than -60, I'm not complaining or anything.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Kung Lao is broken in MKX.

On a more serious note:

I don't care about his spin, or hat, i only care about his broken ass teleport randomly hitting with instant 3 being safe on block, and I had to do all sorts of crap to bypass the BAD game mechanics such as hold block "before" he dissapeared not to turn arround so he'll whiff the standing 3 and all that bullshit.

If this kind of crap random hitbox that matters whether you're turned arround or not, and randomly hitting standing 2 while i'm crouching with half the cast, is removed from MKX, then Kung Lao can have everything everyone wants, I don't care.

coolwhip

Noob
Kung Lao is broken in MKX.

On a more serious note:

I don't care about his spin, or hat, i only care about his broken ass teleport randomly hitting with instant 3 being safe on block, and I had to do all sorts of crap to bypass the BAD game mechanics such as hold block "before" he dissapeared not to turn arround so he'll whiff the standing 3 and all that bullshit.

If this kind of crap random hitbox that matters whether you're turned arround or not, and randomly hitting standing 2 while i'm crouching with half the cast, is removed from MKX, then Kung Lao can have everything everyone wants, I don't care.
You know you can just neutral duck the teleport and punish, right? You literally can uppercut on reaction with ease, and that's not even counting actual high damaging punishes you can do.

M.D.

Yes I know, but I still want to move don't I? Or should I just neutral duck and reaction-block his projectiles / roll all game :-<

How about making the game work properly instead of adding random stuff like that and adapting to it ?

Also I specifically remember trying to reaction neutral duck without block his teleports and still getting hit by 3.

Or maybe i just suck at the game :(

coolwhip

Noob
Yes I know, but I still want to move don't I? Or should I just neutral duck and reaction-block his projectiles / roll all game :-<

How about making the game work properly instead of adding random stuff like that and adapting to it ?

Also I specifically remember trying to reaction neutral duck without block his teleports and still getting hit by 3.

Or maybe i just suck at the game :(
I can't make an assessment of your skill level at the game, but I can safely say you probably just struggle at the Kung Lao match-up. Nobody is just sitting there handcuffed waiting for Kung Lao to teleport so they can punish. Obviously he's a great character and not easy to deal with, but with all due respect, some of what you're saying is just factually incorrect.

There's nothing random about Kung Lao's teleport, unless you count his ex teleport whiff grab super armor thing.

M.D.

Ok, my bad, I am reffering as "random" to the fact that he has the only move in the game(that I can think of, or the only one that affected me during my MK9 playtime) where it actually counts if you're turned arround or not when blocking. This means that if he caches you during the dash block or special move, although you manage to block in time, you either blocked too early and didn't turn arround, or blocked late and turned around, which leads to a free string for him.

I would have been pleased for it to work consistently regardless of my model's position, if I blocked in time.

M.D.

Well, if the game was perfectly ballanced, all the discussions would be like :
"Hey, nice ballanced char you have man."
"Ah yes, the same to you kind sir."
"Ok bye"
"Bye"

Now where's the fun in that.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Interesting. But I sure as hell hope KL isn't broken this time, his spin most of all...that shit better be fucking punishable all I have to say if he has all 3 moves in every variation, yet they give Raiden's teleport in ONE. WTF is up with that? lol
Kung Lao having hat throw, dive kick, teleport AND spin in every variation is just too much.
I mean Sub-Zero only has slide and ice ball, Scorpion has spear & teleport, Raiden has torpedo & electric blast but this character has FOUR special moves that NRS consider them to be THIS iconic so that they cannot take out at least one of them ? That's a wrong start... NRS f%#ked this character up.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok so it was tweaked 4 months or so into the game. Meaning that for over 3 years it's been hella punishable. What's your point again?
That hes not o.p.? Too much to ask, you must be a kl player...The spin was but one exampe of his many nerfs do i really need to go into his nerf count in general with dive kicks, easy corner damage, damage output % etc?

Kung Lao having hat throw, dive kick, teleport AND spin in every variation is just too much.
I mean Sub-Zero only has slide and ice ball, Scorpion has spear & teleport, Raiden has torpedo & electric blast but this character has FOUR special moves that NRS consider them to be THIS iconic so that they cannot take out at least one of them ? That's a wrong start... NRS f%#ked this character up.
Exactly it s bullshit, if hes as rigged as he was in mk9, this time i will main whoever matches up well vs him cause i beat him in mk9 with mids like ermac and sektor which was rewarding but hard as fuck.

coolwhip

Noob
That hes not o.p.? Too much to ask, you must be a kl player...The spin was but one exampe of his many nerfs do i really need to go into his nerf count in general with dive kicks, easy corner damage, damage output % etc?
Umm, my point is he WAS nerfed, and therefore, for the majority of the game's life, was no longer OP. Yeah, he was a broken piece of shit early on, the same way Raiden, Kabal (who remained broken), Cyrax (who remained broken), and others were. Like, I really don't understand your point. These things were overpowered and got nerfed. After the nerfs he was fine.

Exactly it s bullshit, if hes as rigged as he was in mk9, this time i will main whoever matches up well vs him cause i beat him in mk9 with mids like ermac and sektor which was rewarding but hard as fuck.
Both Sektor and Ermac did fine against Kung Lao. They probably went even with him and PL would actually say they both beat him (I disagree). If it's "hard as fuck" to win a 5-5 match-up that's probably your fault.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Umm, my point is he WAS nerfed, and therefore, for the majority of the game's life, was no longer OP. Yeah, he was a broken piece of shit early on, the same way Raiden, Kabal (who remained broken), Cyrax (who remained broken), and others were. Like, I really don't understand your point. These things were overpowered and got nerfed. After the nerfs he was fine.

Fine? Lmao sure.....

Both Sektor and Ermac did fine against Kung Lao. They probably went even with him and PL would actually say they both beat him (I disagree). If it's "hard as fuck" to win a 5-5 match-up that's probably your fault.
Ha ermac vs kl is not 5-5, more like 7- 3 or 6- 4 kl at least. Any mac will tell you kl had the advantage. Sekto is better than mac vs kl but still both are still mids while kl is top. Ask any other mac player, the best ermac vs the best kl plays does not go in ermacs favor.

Raidens nerfs actually effected him though and kl was still powerful, thats the difference. Dude cyrax wasnt bad as kl, but shouldnt have easy resets again. Kabal is one of the few who can matchp well up well vs kl.guess its your fault even match up. Like@Braindead said, downplay kl all you want dont change the fact that kl is an scrub character, anyoneone here can dominate majority of the roster with him, can you do it with ermac? Doubt it.

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
Ha ermac vs kl is not 5-5, more like 7- 3 or 6- 4 kl at least. Any mac will tell you kl had the advantage. Sekto is better than mac vs kl but still both are still mids while kl is top. Ask any other mac player, the best ermac vs the best kl plays does not go in ermacs favor.

Raidens nerfs actually effected him though and kl was still powerful, thats the difference. Dude cyrax wasnt bad as kl, but shouldnt have easy resets again. Kabal is one of the few who can matchp well up well vs kl.guess its your fault even match up. Like@Braindead said, downplay kl all you want dont change the fact that kl is an scrub character, anyoneone here can dominate majority of the roster with him, can you do it with ermac? Doubt it.
Holy shit...