What's new

German Magazine has huge MKX feature

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Severe KL fanboys detected..

felix:I dont think mkx will be exactly like mk9 but we question this love for kl, why does he have 4 universal specials in all variations where as everyone else has 2 on average?

Maybe im alone here but im ok with that.

Last edited:
I dont think mkx will be exactly like mk9 but we question this love for kl, why does he have 4 universal specials in all variations where as everyone else has 2 on average?

afaik everyone has that many

Not sure of your first word but not everyone has that many. Raiden has 2, sub has 2, scorp 3, kano 3, ferra/torr seems entirely diff per style, cassie 2 maybe 3 at most, kk has i think 3 etc
it means as far as i know.

and what you say is not true, fighters have way more global specials than one would assume. kotal has 5 i think. i havent found the proof i was looking for but ill search further

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Not sure of your first word but not everyone has that many. Raiden has 2, sub has 2, scorp 3, kano 3, ferra/torr seems entirely diff per style, cassie 2 maybe 3 at most, kk has i think 3 etc
Pretty sure Raiden has at least 4 (VB, FTG, ATG, Shocker), Kano has what amounts to at least 4 (knife, upball, ball, dive, plus there may be something like choke or something), Subs, again, has at least 3, F/T isn't entirely different each time (ask Doombawks), but I don't know much about the latter...

But really, what's the point of comparing number of special moves like that? Normals and their properties, hitboxes, speed are no less important. Zatanna had entire ton of moves and you can hardly say she was broken compared to effin' Doomsday who didn't even use half of his tools in practice. You can look up other games and see that having times more specials compared to another character doesn't mean shit.

khrome

Master of The Universe
That was because Jax reprogrammed him to work with the Special Forces in the original timeline, and as of right now....

Either way I do think Sektor is a much more likely candidate for the big bad, it's just it really stuck out at me as to how selective that information about Cyrax is.
lol @ Sektor being "The Big Bad". It should be a God or Fire God Liu Kang.

trufenix

bye felicia
I dont think mkx will be exactly like mk9 but we question this love for kl, why does he have 4 universal specials in all variations where as everyone else has 2 on average?

So, you've played the game? You're sure they're all the same?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
That hes not o.p.? Too much to ask, you must be a kl player...The spin was but one exampe of his many nerfs do i really need to go into his nerf count in general with dive kicks, easy corner damage, damage output % etc?

Exactly it s bullshit, if hes as rigged as he was in mk9, this time i will main whoever matches up well vs him cause i beat him in mk9 with mids like ermac and sektor which was rewarding but hard as fuck.
Most Cyrax players were uncontrollably dishonest about their character until what, late 2012? That doesn't mean he was magically retroactively any less tooled-up beforehand.

Also, Ermac going even with Kung Lao isn't as bizarro world as you may think. Not many characters, if any at all can return the favor with equal or higher damage without meter when Kung Lao's mobility shenanigans come into play. P-Board even has Ermac down as winning the matchup.

I mean, even pre-patch, when the Spin had pushback (for a grand total of 5 months out of 45 as previously stated), Ermac had one of the most straight forward punishers for it in the game, why are you even complaining about this man? I don't mean to sound harsh but this isn't the 3D MK era where you can get away with blaming a lack of disclosed frame data or local offline scenes to explore stuff with. If we brought back pre-patch spin now, I can't realistically see anyone who's made a top at a major 2012 and onwards having trouble with it.

And to finish, quantity of tools doesn't mean anything if they have no real synergy in conjunction with each other. Cyber Sub was gifted with twice as many tools as Kenshi and they're what, 20 spots away from each other in the tier list, give or take?

therefore, for the majority of the game's life, was no longer OP.
Whoa whoa whoa, MKF is obviously straw-clutching to Timbuktu but let's hold on a hot minute there playa. All the final patch did was make Kung Lao easier to punish, that changed nothing for those of us who already knew how to fight him. He still arguably had the most well-equipped conversion/punishment arsenal in MK9. If anything I'd say it's because more players became more acquainted with the physics/properties of the game as more time went on and it didn't quite feel as intimidating to adequately deal with whatever shenanigans he was throwing out at 300MPH.

lol @ Sektor being "The Big Bad". It should be a God or Fire God Liu Kang.
Yeah well, lol @ you and your silly fantasies. You think some mythical Chinese legend bollocks can stand up to the second coming of Metal Gear REX when Sektor harnesses the powers of the Dragon medallion over the next 25 years?

MKF30

it means as far as i know.

and what you say is not true, fighters have way more global specials than one would assume. kotal has 5 i think. i havent found the proof i was looking for but ill search further
Ok on the abbreviation.

As far as i can tell no they dont have 4 or 5 each, if you watched t vids o ar scorp, sub, kano just most have 2 or 3 on average universal moves i mean.

Maybe everyones will be diff, some more than others. Im just concerned about balance thats all.

@trufenix: I just said im sure its not exactly like mk9 but no i havent. Have you?
Most Cyrax players were uncontrollably dishonest about their character until what, late 2012? That doesn't mean he was magically retroactively any less tooled-up beforehand.

Also, Ermac going even with Kung Lao isn't as bizarro world as you may think. Not many characters, if any at all can return the favor with equal or higher damage without meter when Kung Lao's mobility shenanigans come into play. P-Board even has Ermac down as winning the matchup.

I mean, even pre-patch, when the Spin had pushback (for a grand total of 5 months out of 45 as previously stated), Ermac had one of the most straight forward punishers for it in the game, why are you even complaining about this man? I don't mean to sound harsh but this isn't the 3D MK era where you can get away with blaming a lack of disclosed frame data or local offline scenes to explore stuff with. If we brought back pre-patch spin now, I can't realistically see anyone who's made a top at a major 2012 and onwards having trouble with it.

And to finish, quantity of tools doesn't mean anything if they have no real synergy in conjunction with each other. Cyber Sub was gifted with twice as many tools as Kenshi and they're what, 20 spots away from each other in the tier list, give or take?

Whoa whoa whoa, MKF is obviously straw-clutching to Timbuktu but let's hold on a hot minute there playa. All the final patch did was make Kung Lao easier to punish, that changed nothing for those of us who already knew how to fight him. He still arguably had the most well-equipped conversion/punishment arsenal in MK9. If anything I'd say it's because more players became more acquainted with the physics/properties of the game as more time went on and it didn't quite feel as intimidating to adequately deal with whatever shenanigans he was throwing out at 300MPH.

Yeah well, lol @ you and your silly fantasies. You think some mythical Chinese legend bollocks can stand up to the second coming of Metal Gear REX when Sektor harnesses the powers of the Dragon medallion over the next 25 years?
As I said I'm all for patching Cyrax's crazy damaging resets, though let's be fair about one thing. In a high level match offline or online match, nobody is going to be pulling off 80-100% resets unless the opposing player sucks. That being said, as annoying as it is I'd rather deal with a good Cyrax than KL any day. Cyrax can be dealt with and outzoned if played smart, KL has every damn tool in the tool box and remember unlike KL's crazy super armored ex teleport that gives him the advantage 99% of the time, Cyrax's tp gets punished hard easily it's why most smart cyrax players hardly do it.

Most ermac players myself included who have used him since day one will tell you KL has the edge in that match up, can Ermac beat KL? Sure...so can anyone else in the roster but the chances are NOT greater than KL beating Ermac, what I'm saying. Ermac has no armor, one of the few if not the only character in the entire game that has NO armored moves which makes it even harder for him(people forget this) It's why I prefer to use Sektor against KL because the rising and seeking missles make KL teleport happy players think twice...Ermac can't tag down KL, being the main difference. He has to play very defensively and countersmartlike making his punishing opportunities wise.

I don't think I'm straw clutching at all, pretty sure when it comes to KL majority on here agree with me. Do you remember that old infamous poll, who's the most broken and/or annoying character to you in MK 9? Pretty sure KL won that poll by a landslide, Kabal being second... just saying.

But again my issue isn't just with his "spin" exclusively, the character overall in MK 9. KL is the swiss army knife of MK9 characters. There's nothing he can't do, has way too many moves and armor on a teleport that is easily abusable for easy pressure damage. I'd take Cyrax resets almost any day over that, because with proper meter management and paying close attention to his meter it can be avoided. KL however can get in on you far easier than Cyrax can, better teleport, dive kick, rolls need I go on? You get the point. But as I said, I don't want him banned just more balanced that's all. I mean it's not like we haven't seen KL win any tourneys post the 4-5 month patch right? err(sarcasm) still that being said, Ermac doesn't dominate or go far in most MK 9 tourneys. KL on the other hand...exactly my point.

Also I think you're misunderstanding me a little bit on the "move amount" I never said character with 10 universal moves=most broken, I said KL has 4 almost automatically where as Scorp, Sub etc have less and as a Raiden player as well(though I dropped him once he got fucked in MK9) Raiden's always been about teleports, right? Yet I'm sorry but I don't agree nor get the choice to limit his tps to one variation, and not in the other two. Shocker is almost useless, good AA when timed right but hopefully will be better. Superman is a knock down move that's easily punished on block and his fireball...

KL's moves are far more efficient, spin=free combo, teleport=depending on how it is with multiple(3 options) of attack and fast, divekick=can get in faster, avoid certain moves and makes jumping towards KL tough(then again the spin does too as it's all AA) So it's not so much the amount of moves, sorry if I wasn't clear enough on that it's the amount of efficient special moves...

Maybe they'll be nerfed or not as powerful who knows I'm merely stating my concerns.

Pretty sure Raiden has at least 4 (VB, FTG, ATG, Shocker), Kano has what amounts to at least 4 (knife, upball, ball, dive, plus there may be something like choke or something), Subs, again, has at least 3, F/T isn't entirely different each time (ask Doombawks), but I don't know much about the latter...

But really, what's the point of comparing number of special moves like that? Normals and their properties, hitboxes, speed are no less important. Zatanna had entire ton of moves and you can hardly say she was broken compared to effin' Doomsday who didn't even use half of his tools in practice. You can look up other games and see that having times more specials compared to another character doesn't mean shit.
You're right on Kano, though I admit I didnt' know about a dive move? I thought he just had an air ball and that was apart of it. *shrugs* I may have to just recheck that. Also, ATG? What are you referring to here, he has superman, fireball, shocker? I don't know if that charge AA knee move is a new move, I thought that was variation limited but if i'm wrong, i'm wrong on that. Sub has 2, slide and ice ball. He can't clone, ice parry or ice ground blast in every variation...I've only seen him use iceball and slide so much as I can tell.

But to be fair, as I said above I was more or less referring to the efficiency of amount of universal moves. You can have 10 universal moves and 8 of them can be useless...plus Injustice is entirely different then MK so I prefer not to compare them. Different mechanics, you can't block with a button which changes everything.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
But to be fair, as I said above I was more or less referring to the efficiency of amount of universal moves. You can have 10 universal moves and 8 of them can be useless...plus Injustice is entirely different then MK so I prefer not to compare them. Different mechanics, you can't block with a button which changes everything.
Well, we don't know anything about efficiency in MKX right now, and as far as we know, there's a lot more differences between IGAU and MK, as well as between MK9 and MKX - I think that would be fair assumption too. In any case, it only highlights that we shouldn't compare characters by number of arbitrary category of moves without even knowing a lot about the rest of variables.

MKF30

a) it's way too early
b) nothing in mkx works like mk9.
I agree with A. B. We don't know what will be the same and not, clearly some things look the same or similar others looks different. The players who've played the builds have said if you like MK 9 you'll feel right at home, which leaves me to believe it's more like MK9 than Injustice(which is a good thing IMO) lol but I'm sure it'll have it's own unique feel. If my eyes don't deceive me it appears KL's dive kick hits twice unless the guy exed it in the new reptile video.

i have seen the move lists, i just dont find them anymore. it IS 4 or 5 each
I remember some of them as well, I recall Raiden, KK having 4 and 5 moves each. I think Scorp and sub had a few but not that many. Guess it'll vary by character then.

Well, we don't know anything about efficiency in MKX right now, and as far as we know, there's a lot more differences between IGAU and MK, as well as between MK9 and MKX - I think that would be fair assumption too. In any case, it only highlights that we shouldn't compare characters by number of arbitrary category of moves without even knowing a lot about the rest of variables.
True, very true I'm just trying to go by MK9 and what I'm seeing. We finally see KL's spin it looks almost as good as MK9ish when he does a wake up spin. We'll see I also noticed his dive kick(unless it was the EX version) seems to hit twice, I couldn't tell if you can combo after that I don't think so...

I Just remember that the guys on here who played the earlier builds at events said if you liked MK9 MKX won't feel strange, outside of the whole new not being able to dash cancel into block mechanic and wake ups not being as good this is what I've heard from the guys on here who played it so far. But I hear ya, I was just going by what I see personally, how MK X will probably feel some what and efficiency of the moves. We don't know if KL will be top again but I'm betting he'll be good at least. Reptile looks worse from this video though, his forceball start up animation seems weird, like slower, his slide seems a tad slower(to me at least), dash is slower but he has a new acid puddle apparently a la Bo Rai Cho puke puddle/Sub's classic ground freeze. I like the look of his acid spit though lol.

trufenix

bye felicia
If my eyes don't deceive me it appears KL's dive kick hits twice unless the guy exed it in the new reptile video.
The fact that you can't tell if KL's dive kick hits twice or was EX'd is just absolute proof that this is no time for any judgments on balance or design.

MKF30

The fact that you can't tell if KL's dive kick hits twice or was EX'd is just absolute proof that this is no time for any judgments on balance or design.
I only watched it once, usually the EX versions have that white glow to them. We'll see though, I won't fully judge but as I said I'm just concerned about balance that's all man. Can't fault me for that. Of course the KL fans want him broke as fuck but won't actually admit it. lol