What's new

General Zod's 25 Hit, 24 Hit and 17 Hit Frame Trap on Block (Wonder Pig Trap)

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Zod says F that

He'd rather get a beer at the bar before zod
flash would also be pleased at a slightly increase in chip damage and meter building, i say if they are nerfing f23 breathe slightly i don't see how a going from .16% chip to .33% is bad at all, i suggested this 3 weeks before the game and got blown up for it ;____________;

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Theres 2 problems w this post

#1. You picked hawkgirl vs Zod? Half joking here, dont go all mace charge and shit on me

#2. You cannot at any point mace charge or evade out, if you do ill confirm into 40% combo

#3. Pretty sure (havent checked) i can parry your mace charge pretty easy on reaction like Doomsday Shoulder
1. So, if I have a bad matchup, I can't study it? And not every Hawkgirl is mace charge happy.

2. Alright.

3. How about we3?

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
The uppercut ender works exceptionally well if you use a J2 right before.
I don't know the trap (yet)..

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
The uppercut ender works exceptionally well if you use a J2 right before.
I don't know the trap (yet)..
I agree with the d2 setups. There is plenty of time for trait to come out and be safe, and let them roll, it makes no difference in zods eyes.

Just a thought AK Pig Of The Hut at the point in your string that you do b23, can you instead get 213? The idea here is that you get the overhead in 213 forcing them to block high before the low lasers. If they block that high everytime you can do low lasers after 21 and hopefully get the hit. So what I'm thinking is that if this is blocked its pretty much the same amount of hits and time, however you get a 50/50 attempt before you spend the meter.

*Eh, I'm testing it now and the spacing gets harder. The range on b23 makes it work perfect every time. It might work well as a mixup though.

The coolest thing I'm finding about playing zod us that he gets 10x more fun to play when the opponent knows the strings and set ups. If people know this string and they respect all of it, that is going to open up chances for all kinds of other mixups that deviate from the original, like using 213, or throws, and other stuff.

I did find that you have plenty of time to do jump in 41, f2413, adding two more hits to this. I wasn't sure if you could get those in and still have time to use trait slash after bf3 but it works just fine.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I agree with the d2 setups. There is plenty of time for trait to come out and be safe, and let them roll, it makes no difference in zods eyes.

Just a thought AK Pig Of The Hut at the point in your string that you do b23, can you instead get 213? The idea here is that you get the overhead in 213 forcing them to block high before the low lasers. If they block that high everytime you can do low lasers after 21 and hopefully get the hit. So what I'm thinking is that if this is blocked its pretty much the same amount of hits and time, however you get a 50/50 attempt before you spend the meter.

*Eh, I'm testing it now and the spacing gets harder. The range on b23 makes it work perfect every time. It might work well as a mixup though.

The coolest thing I'm finding about playing zod us that he gets 10x more fun to play when the opponent knows the strings and set ups. If people know this string and they respect all of it, that is going to open up chances for all kinds of other mixups that deviate from the original, like using 213, or throws, and other stuff.

I did find that you have plenty of time to do jump in 41, f2413, adding two more hits to this. I wasn't sure if you could get those in and still have time to use trait slash after bf3 but it works just fine.

Really good thought and wish it worked

You can do a mix up at b23 and do b2 ground laser MB

Pig Of The Hut

DUDEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I just thought of something at work thanks to u combining what u thought of w 213/123

Would this work????

Summon trait: 4 ji1f213 ZOD CHARGE 4 213

The ZOD charge puts u right on their body to land 213/123 /f213/f3 mb mix ups

Uh oh....:) :) :)

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
thank god theirs pushblock -_-

Zod is officially more like a marvel character now than any of the other characters , his trait pretty much can be used like tag assists to cover unsafe options -___-

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Gotta love how he just keeps them out with this, forces them to block, and regains meter to do it over again quite soon. Broken shit but amusing.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I see a whole lot of mini-setups in this that are awesome. Great find guys.

As for the videos in the OP... d12 into MB low laser has a HUGE gap where I can jump out and any character with a decent j3 gets a full combo and any air dash character can jump back into air dash for a full jump in combo (supes, kf, ww).

You need to find a better string into MB low laser or make them fear jumping.

If not, I will be jumping before zod ^_^

DUDEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I just thought of something at work thanks to u combining what u thought of w 213/123

Would this work????

I go for zod charge ticks like that all the time it definitely works. The only problem is if they actually et hit by the zod charge as kt smith go byebye by the time it's over
From full screen trait call you can get them to block the zod charge, delayed wraith swipe..f2 d4 (or any pressure you want)

I will start using b23 didn't realize +frames

Pig Of The Hut

I see a whole lot of mini-setups in this that are awesome. Great find guys.

As for the videos in the OP... d12 into MB low laser has a HUGE gap where I can jump out and any character with a decent j3 gets a full combo and any air dash character can jump back into air dash for a full jump in combo (supes, kf, ww).

You need to find a better string into MB low laser or make them fear jumping.

If not, I will be jumping before zod ^_^
More videos, links, strings coming w lex corp charge in reversal

D1 low laser is far better than d12 hint hint as is 22 low laser

I'm finding some retarded shit now

Pig Of The Hut

I go for zod charge ticks like that all the time it definitely works. The only problem is if they actually et hit by the zod charge as kt smith go byebye by the time it's over
From full screen trait call you can get them to block the zod charge, delayed wraith swipe..f2 d4 (or any pressure you want)

I will start using b23 didn't realize +frames
Yea ji2 b23 swipe b23 swipe d1 low laser MB seems to be a jewel

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
DUDEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Would this work????

I've been moving all weekend but between hauling boxes and furniture I've been at my set up practicing with the wonder pig trap and I like it.

I've been doing j41, f2413, 4, 2413 mb ground laser, instant air slow ball. Mixing up ending the block string with 2413 ground laser or 241 ground laser to get a 50/50 at the end. It seems good but not sure if its air tight yet.

I was initially kind of disappointed with Zod because he's not the type of character I wanted him to be, but seeing this tech makes me wanna pick him up lol. Good stuff guys.

Pig Of The Hut

I've been moving all weekend but between hauling boxes and furniture I've been at my set up practicing with the wonder pig trap and I like it.

I've been doing j41, f2413, 4, 2413 mb ground laser, instant air slow ball. Mixing up ending the block string with 2413 ground laser or 241 ground laser to get a 50/50 at the end. It seems good but not sure if its air tight yet.
I was initially kind of disappointed with Zod because he's not the type of character I wanted him to be, but seeing this tech makes me wanna pick him up lol. Good stuff guys.
Probably uploading new mix ups tonight w all this combined with the other thread tech of f2 d4

Its about to get good

Konqrr

Pig Of The Hut

The blockstring? I'll have to dig through like 100 pages of posts to find it. Blegh...
Also is yours a true string? Like if you set it to superman using his super, will it prevent him from doing so for the entire duration?
Superman is only one who can

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Superman is only one who can
What about Hawkgirl? Also, are they capable of backdashing? How frame-percise is it? If you set it to say reversal mode, will the opponent be incapable of having the "reverse attack" words come above their bars?

Namely, are these "True blockstrings" or simply "block frame traps"

Pig Of The Hut

What about Hawkgirl? Also, are they capable of backdashing? How frame-percise is it? If you set it to say reversal mode, will the opponent be incapable of having the "reverse attack" words come above their bars?

Namely, are these "True blockstrings" or simply "block frame traps"
yes you can backdash after b23 but thats what i want you to try to do

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
yes you can backdash after b23 but thats what i want you to try to do
How many blank spaces are there? Bane has similar workings but the frame gaps are anywhere from 0 frames to 1 frame with only one or two gaps at the most, with the rest being linked. Also its impressive and I won't knock you for the string because it is nice, but what happens if they get hit by it? Does it still connect all the same? It seems oddly specific and I'm wanting to question how it does against armor as well, are you still safe from some of the faster MB b.f.3s? What about Bane double punch? Push block seems like a good counter, so do you have anything that'll help you get back into it? Do you have any non-traited strings as well?