What's new

General Zod's 25 Hit, 24 Hit and 17 Hit Frame Trap on Block (Wonder Pig Trap)

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
You can get a 4 in both before the jump in and inbetween f2 and 1 in the f213 string. 27 total then :)

If that doesn't leave enough time for wraith to be out to get the 4 after bf3 then just using f2413 and not the jump in 41 should still work.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Does mb laser touches airborne opponent? If not can't I just reversal mace charge/wing evade or something to get out at some point?

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
This is probably even better against people who ARE familiar with the trap.
As most people will be ready to block low against the laser shenanigans, allowing you to cancel into Zods terrible overhead with forward forward R2 after the D1, 2 string.
Possibly giving you a trait combo?
We need to find a nice way to set this up.
And by we, I mean TYM, and not me- as I don't main him.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You can get a 4 in both before the jump in and inbetween f2 and 1 in the f213 string. 27 total then :)

If that doesn't leave enough time for wraith to be out to get the 4 after bf3 then just using f2413 and not the jump in 41 should still work.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Word

Does mb laser touches airborne opponent? If not can't I just reversal mace charge/wing evade or something to get out at some point?
Theres 2 problems w this post

#1. You picked hawkgirl vs Zod? Half joking here, dont go all mace charge and shit on me

#2. You cannot at any point mace charge or evade out, if you do ill confirm into 40% combo

#3. Pretty sure (havent checked) i can parry your mace charge pretty easy on reaction like Doomsday Shoulder

Lol

seconds you have to block against zod, one before zod, two before zod, three before zod....
16 SECONDS BEFORE ZOD

yay for nonexistent chip damage!
its not about chip, its about keeping u locked down for 15 secs min while being able to go in for a mix up at anytime into 41%+ damage and if i land all this on block its 25 hits on block

Why? I don't think he did more than 12-15%? That's like giving Aquaman MB Trident Rush for two bars.
see below

its not about chip, its about keeping u locked down for 15 secs min while being able to go in for a mix up at anytime into 41%+ damage and if i land all this on block its 25 hits on block

Good shit, Pig. My only concerns are these:

-Last hit of second laser not connecting. That's a lot of frame advantage lost, so side arm isn't free against every character. That might be punishable by reversals, as well.

-Can you backdash between b23 and d12?
True, i think some may not be hit by the 2nd laser and honestly I most likely wouldnt do the 2nd mb laser id probably just do a side arm shot and then slow ball

I do think you can backdash after b23 before d12 but im going to want people to do that in time so i can blow them up :)

The whole idea here is this:

Say I get a hard knockdown summon trait, Trait swipe to jump 2 trait swipe f2 overhead grab (Mid, OH, MID, LOW, OH)
or same deal except Swipe ji2 b2 overhead grab (Mid, OH, Low, OH)
or same deal except swipe ji2 b2 low laser mb (OH, Low, LOW)
etc etc etc
NightwingDayZero

can armored moves escape these???
I dont know but im pretty sure you can back dash after b23 on block before d12 comes out but in the end thats kinda what i want

Hey guys remember day 2 of zods release and m2dave declared him to to be no better than mid tier...
Mediocre

awesome! but Phantom Strike has a bigger minus cuz Superman can punish it with his super.
yea youre right,its probably -3 or -5 at most but doing trait swipe after the PS turns it into one continuous block string so it doesnt matter really

For the same reason you pushblock DD Venom.

Mix ups.
Dead spot on !!!! Just like Nicholas cage in an audition that he no longer attends cause he is the definition of beauty and hollywood

Zod can trait slash while in the air to make jump ins much safer too. If you try to anti air the slash hits and starts a massive damage combo.
Yea this also adds another hit so this post should say 26 Hit FT :)

Pig Of The Hut

This is probably even better against people who ARE familiar with the trap.
As most people will be ready to block low against the laser shenanigans, allowing you to cancel into Zods terrible overhead with forward forward R2 after the D1, 2 string.
Possibly giving you a trait combo?
We need to find a nice way to set this up.
And by we, I mean TYM, and not me- as I don't main him.
Exactly but i Wouldnt use the FF MB option id probably use the ones described above mixed in w some 213 and 123 as well

Also a goofy thing i could do is f21u2 zc to get away or f21u2 mb zod ball (they duck cause of f2 being low string) but mb zod ball is overhead launcher

Pig Of The Hut

Allow me to RE STRESS SOMETHING HERE

TWENTY FIVE (26 really) HITS ON BLOCK = Mad pressure with opportunities at any time go in for a mix up with you full screen

KIllaByte

Exactly but i Wouldnt use the FF MB option id probably use the ones described above mixed in w some 213 and 123 as well

Also a goofy thing i could do is f21u2 zc to get away or f21u2 mb zod ball (they duck cause of f2 being low string) but mb zod ball is overhead launcher
That's wonky-
And that wonkiness is what makes it awesome and effective..
Zod seems to be the "what the hell is he doing" character..
That will work a lot. Wonkiness is weird unpredictability, which opponents don't like.
Pretty much Pigtricks.. and those bring you success.
Zod is a walking, flying pig-trick..

Pig Of The Hut

That's wonky-
And that wonkiness is what makes it awesome and effective..
Zod seems to be the "what the hell is he doing" character..
That will work a lot. Wonkiness is weird unpredictability, which opponents don't like.
Pretty much Pigtricks.. and those bring you success.
Zod is a walking, flying pig-trick..
I will say this though, He's mind-heavy and he takes time to be good with

I feel like i have a long way to go w him but its going well and in the right direction

KIllaByte

I will say this though, He's mind-heavy and he takes time to be good with

I feel like i have a long way to go w him but its going well and in the right direction
Very much like Sinestro, honestly, he has awesome defensive options, that will slowly and surely wither down the opponents life bar.
When trait is activated, because of stuff like this, the best offensive game in Injustice is opened up.

Only now, all you have to do is is allow the trait to recharge itself, and effectively play defense with Zod charge whiff punishes, General parries, and that awesome jump height, as well as slow forceballs. I purposely meterburn Zod's charge and the phantom strike every time, only to allow the trait clock to run down a bit more.. now we have an even better reason as to why we should.

The traits not out for long, but if you manage to tounch the opponent with strikes before it ends, you get the big damage, or suck their meter away- or leave yours untouched even after using two bars, while bringing their health down.

I have an idea for setting this up, Pig.

End whatever combo you do with an uppercut into trait, instead of the normal hard knockdown stuff, because that puts the opponent out of cross-up range.
Doing this off of a cross-up makes them afraid to wakeup, or you could block punish the wakeup, or use whatever advantage you got from their wakeup to get that one Ghost of KT Smith slash in.
If they don't wakeup at all, you get this trap for free.
If they tech roll, they're still in range of Zod's forward jump, right?

Pig Of The Hut

Very much like Sinestro, honestly, he has awesome defensive options, that will slowly and surely wither down the opponents life bar.
When trait is activated, because of stuff like this, the best offensive game in Injustice is opened up.

Only now, all you have to do is is allow the trait to recharge itself, and effectively play defense with Zod charge whiff punishes, General parries, and that awesome jump height, as well as slow forceballs. I purposely meterburn Zod's charge and the phantom strike every time, only to allow the trait clock to run down a bit more.. now we have an even better reason as to why we should.

The traits not out for long, but if you manage to tounch the opponent with strikes before it ends, you get the big damage, or suck their meter away- or leave yours untouched even after using two bars, while bringing their health down.

I have an idea for setting this up, Pig.

End whatever combo you do with an uppercut into trait, instead of the normal hard knockdown stuff, because that puts the opponent out of cross-up range.
Doing this off of a cross-up makes them afraid to wakeup, or you could block punish the wakeup, or use whatever advantage you got from their wakeup to get that one Ghost of KT Smith slash in.
If they don't wakeup at all, you get this trap for free.
If they tech roll, they're still in range of Zod's forward jump, right?
This is a really good idea that ill play with a lot today

EGP Wonder_Chef have u tried this?

This could seriously be a great idea - Thx!!!

And yes throwing, MB ps/zc and all takes a lot of time and helps that trait rebuild which is awesome. Basically if you were to do this whole 26 hit setup then a slow ball you get trait back for free :)

Pig Of The Hut

half way through this mess I'd probably assume I'm stupid and that I should poke out and proceed to get blown up.
Its gonna be really hard for someone to have enough discipline to block 26 hits and just sit there for 16 seconds then when its over be full screen w an instant air slow zod ball coming at slowly then trait is back out.

Thats literally 24+ secs of frustration

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Grrrr

i just remembered i dont think u do

f*** but either way its ok because you're locked down
you do build meter but its very slightly meter build gain. to build a bar you made need 100 hits with that same normal to build ONE bar before zod.